HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

New Easton Stick

Old
05-20-2011, 01:10 AM
Phil Connors*

vCash: 500
New Easton Stick

So I've noticed a lot of NHL players using a Easton stick that is not out on the market. I don't see many using the EQ50(I haven't tried it out but get a feeling it isn't that great of a stick). This new stick is mostly black, with yellow towards the handle and lower shaft area.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/...82536th002%3A1

Here is a picture of Doughty with it. Anyone know anything about it?

Phil Connors* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 01:17 AM
raygunpk
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Easton Stealth RS.

If you want to do some reading: http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums...alth-rs-stick/

raygunpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaallMunson18 View Post
So I've noticed a lot of NHL players using a Easton stick that is not out on the market. I don't see many using the EQ50(I haven't tried it out but get a feeling it isn't that great of a stick).

The EQ50 is a fine stick...Many players are still using the SE16 which was the most recent model of the Easton Synergy series prior to the EQ (They are the red/white or blue/white ones). This stick is by far the best one out there...opinion of course.

Jerry Lundegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Phil Connors*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Weathers View Post
The EQ50 is a fine stick...Many players are still using the SE16 which was the most recent model of the Easton Synergy series prior to the EQ (They are the red/white or blue/white ones). This stick is by far the best one out there...opinion of course.
Agree'd about the SE16, loved that stick...until they broke. I thought the thing with the weights in the EQ50 sounded dumb. Just some stunt to make people think it's actually customized. I think the fact that more players(that I've seen) are still using the SE16 as oppose to the newer EQ50 shows that they basically took a step back with their sticks.

Thanks for the info on the Easton RS Stealth.

Phil Connors* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 11:08 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Agree'd about the SE16, loved that stick...until they broke. I thought the thing with the weights in the EQ50 sounded dumb. Just some stunt to make people think it's actually customized. I think the fact that more players(that I've seen) are still using the SE16 as oppose to the newer EQ50 shows that they basically took a step back with their sticks.

Thanks for the info on the Easton RS Stealth.
Don't bash until you use it. I just bought an EQ50 and if you do some reading in other threads, i go through sticks like their nothing and i love the thing. I wish they would get more publicity like the S19 did but what can ya do? Really curious to see these new sticks though..

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain

Quote:
Yeah, the weights are gimmicky. Who knows, maybe some prefer it. I have an EQ50 and took all the weights out from the butt-end. It's essentially the same stick as the SE16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Don't bash until you use it. I just bought an EQ50 and if you do some reading in other threads, i go through sticks like their nothing and i love the thing. I wish they would get more publicity like the S19 did but what can ya do? Really curious to see these new sticks though..

I haven't used mine a lot. Are the blades more durable on the EQ? The SE16 blades have a life span of about 20-30 one-timer's.. Sometimes less. Actually, I got my EQ from a warranty return on a broken 16

Last edited by Jerry Lundegaard: 05-20-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old
05-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Canadian Chris

vCash: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Weathers View Post
Yeah, the weights are gimmicky. Who knows, maybe some prefer it. I have an EQ50 and took all the weights out from the butt-end. It's essentially the same stick as the SE16.

I haven't used mine a lot. Are the blades more durable on the EQ? The SE16 blades have a life span of about 20-30 one-timer's.. Sometimes less. Actually, I got my EQ from a warranty return on a broken 16
My EQ50 exploded in the blade...had for probably 10 games or so...but I've had a couple friends who've had theirs all year and they've had no issues at all...as far as the weights are concerned...tough to tell if they're gimmicky or not...I put mine in my S17 after the EQ50 broke, and from what I've heard, LHS will start carrying the weights for sale in the fall

Canadian Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Chris View Post
My EQ50 exploded in the blade...had for probably 10 games or so...but I've had a couple friends who've had theirs all year and they've had no issues at all...as far as the weights are concerned...tough to tell if they're gimmicky or not...I put mine in my S17 after the EQ50 broke, and from what I've heard, LHS will start carrying the weights for sale in the fall
did the stuff in the heel of the stick go all over the place?

Old
05-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Canadian Chris

vCash: 748
not that I remember, no.

Canadian Chris is offline   Reply With Quote