HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yannick Weber

Old
05-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Yannick Weber

With Diaz and Emelin signed for next season, Yannick Weber will more likely be moved at some point during the summer.

He sure can play in the NHL, and he has a really good shot as well as good offensive attributes. He's ready for more action...

What would you give for him? My guess is if he's not involved in a package deal, the Habs will be looking for a prospect who isn't gonna have to get through waivers or a pick...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 09:57 PM
RyanBostonRedsox
Long Live Chappelle

As a Habs fan, it pains me to say this, but it is time to move on with him. It's just not going to work out, for quite a few reasons, one being not enough room for him. I would be interested in something like this:

Montreal Receives:

RW Eric Fehr

Washington Receives:

LW Benoit Pouliot
D Yannick Weber

- Fehr would look nice on our top 6. Our top 3 lines would consist of:

Pac-Gomez-Gionta
Cam-Plek-Fehr
Moen-Eller-AK46

That is a killer first three lines if you ask me.

RyanBostonRedsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Worst case scenario: Weber becomes a Devil and could fetch us Zubrus back.

Mathradio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 02:00 AM
toquerasta

Leafs want him.

toquerasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 02:05 AM
ccgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
With Diaz and Emelin signed for next season, Yannick Weber will more likely be moved at some point during the summer.

He sure can play in the NHL, and he has a really good shot as well as good offensive attributes. He's ready for more action...

What would you give for him? My guess is if he's not involved in a package deal, the Habs will be looking for a prospect who isn't gonna have to get through waivers or a pick...
Why ?

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
Why ?
Because Diaz and Yemelin are two very good prospects that many experts think will be on Montreal's opening night roster next year. Both are NHL ready.

Company those two with Spacek and Subban, the only other two Canadien defensemen signed for next season, and say, one or two of Wisniewski/Gill/Gorges, and most likely Markov (all 4 would have to be re-signed if they're staying) and they're full on defense. Personally I don't expect to see BOTH Diaz and Yemelin on the opening night roster, but even with one, they're full. Weber's a young, NHL-ready defenseman who won't get the playing time with those guys coming over from Europe. He's worth something and at this point, it looks like he might have to get some good minutes elsewhere other than Montreal.

Weber could interest both the Oilers and Islanders. Both of those teams could be looking to add a young defenseman, the Islanders, more so IMO. He could be a real nice addition to a young roster where he can be given more playing time so he can continue his career and become even better.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 08:48 AM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toquerasta View Post
Leafs want him.
give us Aullie (sp?)

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
give us Aullie (sp?)
I'd do that

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 09:32 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I'd do that
Same, Aulie for weber is a deal both teams would be happy with IMO

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Because Diaz and Yemelin are two very good prospects that many experts think will be on Montreal's opening night roster next year. Both are NHL ready.

Company those two with Spacek and Subban, the only other two Canadien defensemen signed for next season, and say, one or two of Wisniewski/Gill/Gorges, and most likely Markov (all 4 would have to be re-signed if they're staying) and they're full on defense. Personally I don't expect to see BOTH Diaz and Yemelin on the opening night roster, but even with one, they're full. Weber's a young, NHL-ready defenseman who won't get the playing time with those guys coming over from Europe. He's worth something and at this point, it looks like he might have to get some good minutes elsewhere other than Montreal.

Weber could interest both the Oilers and Islanders. Both of those teams could be looking to add a young defenseman, the Islanders, more so IMO. He could be a real nice addition to a young roster where he can be given more playing time so he can continue his career and become even better.
I'll add that they are the same type of player. Same size (you can't have too many small D), both right handed shot (so they have to play on the same side), and both offensive-minded...

Add to that the fact that some people were saying that Diaz was the best player in the Swiss league (so most like better than Weber at this point), and Montreal has already two great PP quarterback in Markov and Subban.

Put everything to gether and you have a really good chance that Weber will never get a fair chance in Montreal.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:48 AM
Subban76

Quote:
I'll add that they are the same type of player. Same size (you can't have too many small D), both right handed shot (so they have to play on the same side), and both offensive-minded...

Add to that the fact that some people were saying that Diaz was the best player in the Swiss league (so most like better than Weber at this point), and Montreal has already two great PP quarterback in Markov and Subban.

Put everything to gether and you have a really good chance that Weber will never get a fair chance in Montreal.
I think people will be surprised when they see Diaz. The comparisons are great, but Streit was older than him when he came over, was more mature and it took him a couple of years to become a good NHL player. People penciling Diaz in the Habs D next year will be surprised. He might potentially be better than Weber, but Weber as the NA experience and NHL experience that Diaz does not.

Next year:

Weber = Montreal
Diaz = Hamilton (potential call up when we have injuries)

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post

i'm a little afraid to trade weber to the isles - essentially with what happened to streit. I think weber has some great upside offensively and will get better defensively. teams that want him, aren't going to get him from the habs for only a 3rd rounder

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 12:06 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
i'm a little afraid to trade weber to the isles - essentially with what happened to streit. I think weber has some great upside offensively and will get better defensively. teams that want him, aren't going to get him from the habs for only a 3rd rounder
True, I wouldn't trade Weber for anything less than a 1st rounder

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Pepin le bref

Quote:

Tout nouveau tout beau...

When did Diaz and Emelin become sure-fire NHL'ers? Neither have played a game in North America yet and they will need time to ajust. They are FAR, VERY FAR of being proven at this level.

I think it's a huge mistake to take for granted that those 2 players will automaticaly pick it up an be effective right off the bat. They could very well never ajust properly and become bad fits for the NHL.

Pepin le bref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Passchendaele

Emelin may as well be back in the KHL before you know it.

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Passchendaele

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBostonRedsox View Post
Montreal Receives:

RW Eric Fehr

Washington Receives:

LW Benoit Pouliot
D Yannick Weber
I think it looks Fehr value wise.

Old
05-22-2011, 12:51 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Could see Weber packaged off with a Gomez, Spacek, Pouliot just to make it more attractive.

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Passchendaele

Quote:
Only, you're not going to get a first rounder (even a late one) from anybody in the league.

Hell, a few weeks ago, Brad Boyes was traded for a 2nd round pick.

Old
05-22-2011, 03:08 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
Only, you're not going to get a first rounder (even a late one) from anybody in the league.

Hell, a few weeks ago, Brad Boyes was traded for a 2nd round pick.
Then Habs best keep Weber. He is going to be a good player, on the cuff of maturing. Everything is there, he can skate, good shot, hand the puck, run a powerplay and makes league minimum.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBostonRedsox View Post
As a Habs fan, it pains me to say this, but it is time to move on with him. It's just not going to work out, for quite a few reasons, one being not enough room for him. I would be interested in something like this:

Montreal Receives:

RW Eric Fehr

Washington Receives:

LW Benoit Pouliot
D Yannick Weber

- Fehr would look nice on our top 6. Our top 3 lines would consist of:

Pac-Gomez-Gionta
Cam-Plek-Fehr
Moen-Eller-AK46

That is a killer first three lines if you ask me.
With Green and Carlsson, I don't see how there's a place for Weber in Washington anymore than in Montreal.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
Could see Weber packaged off with a Gomez, Spacek, Pouliot just to make it more attractive.
If the Leafs refused to pay one of their two firsts for J-M Liles, then why would the Leafs pay the Bruins' first for Weber alone? True, Weber could become another J-M Liles or better but he's quite raw.

The only way we would be getting the first-rounder of even a Stanley Cup finalist in a weak draft year would be packaged with Pools.

Mathradio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Richiebottles
Someone on the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
If the Leafs refused to pay one of their two firsts for J-M Liles, then why would the Leafs pay the Bruins' first for Weber alone? True, Weber could become another J-M Liles or better but he's quite raw.

The only way we would be getting the first-rounder of even a Stanley Cup finalist in a weak draft year would be packaged with Pools.
That would be fine. Pouliot and Weber for a late 1rst or a 2nd .

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 06:13 PM
jonnybullit4390

I dont want to get rid of Weber but i personally think the Only Weber Will be traded it will be in a package !! I don't think is value is high but in a package it might be a good add !! This beiing sayd I would keep him cause he doesn't cost much (700k a year ) an he since he started 2years ago he is better every game !! Maybe a team that need young blood at low price with good skills would be interested in weber !!

What about
weber + Pouliot Vs beech
Or
Weber + desharnais Vs frolik
Or
Weber + desharnais Vs josefsson
Or
Weber + desharnais Vs Palmieri + 2round

Something like that

jonnybullit4390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Blunt About Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybullit4390 View Post
I dont want to get rid of Weber but i personally think the Only Weber Will be traded it will be in a package !! I don't think is value is high but in a package it might be a good add !! This beiing sayd I would keep him cause he doesn't cost much (700k a year ) an he since he started 2years ago he is better every game !! Maybe a team that need young blood at low price with good skills would be interested in weber !!

What about
weber + Pouliot Vs beech
Or
Weber + desharnais Vs frolik
Or
Weber + desharnais Vs josefsson
Or
Weber + desharnais Vs Palmieri + 2round

Something like that
Very much agree with the package idea. Because Montreal is so hype, we have too many NHL players and only so many roster spots, but we still have holes to fill. Assuming we resign markov, gorges and at least one more UFA, Weber + Pouliot + Desharnais are all available

PS - Desharnais is an amazing player...too small for habs center though. We need the presense of scoring physical forward. In a perfect world id rather get rid of gomez but i digress... DD is the only player I want on the Habs next year of the three. (other players are good but do not fill holes...actually Pouliot is a whole pile of dump)

Since we cannot have any of Kopitar, Laich, Clowe or Kesler........

Mtl: Tuomo Ruuttu / Rene Bourque +3rd / Legwand + 3rd

Car/Cal/Nsh: Y. Weber + B.Pouliot + D. Desharnais +1st

Is this value fair for either team? Yes no? Personally I think Ruutu is exactly the kind of intense presense MTL needs and the return could actually help the team.

All this talk of trading Weber...thoughts? Obviously I'm a huge habs fan and would like to hear what others think about the value

Blunt About Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Wow, I don't think that's likely at all. Weber is the only one of those 3 who has shown he can play in the NHL. He's not surplus by any stretch.

I would be surprised if Diaz isn't in for a year in the AHL at least, and who knows after that. Emelin is probably going to get a good look, but I think Habs fans might be getting a bit carried away if they don't allow themselves the latitude to think that he could be back in the KHL after training camp. Hoping is all well and good, but I don't think there's much body of evidence to make the transition from "hope" to "expectation".

Weber seems to be a bit of a Martin/Gauthier kind of player too. I think he's well ahead of Diaz and Emelin on the depth chart, and won't be moved.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote