HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Steen to Winnipeg

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2011, 04:43 AM
TheBigTicket

vCash: 500
Steen to Winnipeg

I think it would be awesome to have a "Steen" in the opening day lineup for the new Manitoba club.

Reasons Manitoba wants him:
-Manitoba/Atlanta could use a versatile two-way center who can put up 20 goals and 50 points
-Thomas Steen was a Jets star and is currently a local politician in Winnipeg (it's nostalgic!)
-Manitoba has cap space

His cap hit is 3.36mil for 3 more years and plays on the 3rd line alot with the good depth at centre st louis has, and with schwartz and tarasenko looking almost ready, the Blues wont have to use him at wing anymore

The Blues have good center depth and would theoretically move him for the right deal(no one is untouchable).

Now, I'm not sure if these teams make good trading partners from the Blues perspective so lets here it blues fans what would it take?

Old
05-23-2011, 04:58 AM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
It does make sense from a roster standpoint...but I don't see the Blues wanting to part with such a valuable player.

05-23-2011, 05:12 AM
almostawake

Great, we don't even have a team yet and we're already building a reputation as annoying fans that go after players that fans don't want to trade.

Seriously, it's cute idea and all, but let's not start going down this road.

Oh, ya, he doesn't play center anymore either.

Old
05-23-2011, 05:16 AM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTicket View Post
I think it would be awesome to have a "Steen" in the opening day lineup for the new Manitoba club.

-Manitoba/Atlanta could use a versatile two-way center who can put up 20 goals and 50 points
-Thomas Steen was a Jets star and is currently a local politician in Winnipeg (it's nostalgic!)
-Manitoba has cap space

His cap hit is 3.36mil for 3 more years and plays on the 3rd line alot with the good depth at centre st louis has, and with schwartz and tarasenko looking almost ready, the Blues wont have to use him at wing anymore

The Blues have good center depth and would theoretically move him for the right deal(no one is untouchable).

Now, I'm not sure if these teams make good trading partners from the Blues perspective so lets here it blues fans what would it take?
It would be epic because of his legendary Jets father Thomas but I doubt it will happen. (well, almost legendary anyway?)

My guess is that Alexander is prioritizing his own hockey career, probably not caring to much about the nostalgic part? He is making a hockey career on his own. Most probably enjoys life in St Louis and it's a very, very promising team (will most probably make the playoffs next season).

If the new team (is the deal done yet?) is smart they should give Alexander a really good offer he can't resist, a long term deal, a bit over his current market value (taking a small risk/chance). It's smart from a marketing point of view as well. Steen would probably be the first jersey to buy for many old Jets fans. ;-) Alexander is a good and stable core to any team, being able to play on all lines and in different situations (extremely allround). A very intelligent hockey player just like his father. Valuable in many more areas than just pure point producing.

Last edited by 21: 05-23-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old
05-23-2011, 05:28 AM
SuperAlmeida

Steen (+ a draftpick) for Ladd?

Old
05-23-2011, 05:36 AM
Jzk

vCash: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Steen (+ a draftpick) for Ladd?
If anything a draft pick + Ladd would be returning for Steen, but no he won't be traded.

Old
05-23-2011, 06:11 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

By chance, do you own one of these?

I get the feeling you used one recently.

Ladd finally made good on his potential last year and is the team's captain, so he's not going anywhere. Little has the goal scoring ability and could probably use a club change to bring that 30 goal form out again. That's probably not a one-for-one deal, though, because Little's potential is just that: potential.

Really, though, I don't think Steen is worth the assets for a club to go out and make a major play for him based solely on the fact that he's the son of a local folk hero... of course, that's assuming that the Thrashers do in fact relocate, which could be at least delayed if the NHL and ASG have another row.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 05-23-2011 at 06:19 AM.
Old
05-23-2011, 06:25 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:

-Manitoba has cap space

Too soon man.
Winnipeg/Mannitoba still don't have a team.
Can a mod please close this

Old
05-23-2011, 06:34 AM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
Too soon man.
Winnipeg/Mannitoba still don't have a team.
Can a mod please close this
You can't be serious.

Since when is speculation forbidden on hfboards?

Old
05-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
You can't be serious.

Since when is speculation forbidden on hfboards?
I just think it is a another slap in the face for Atlanta fans and it is ridiculous proposing players to a team that doesn't exist. Why can't people wait until due process is done? I bet you already want to rename the Atlanta forum

You don't see Quebec fans proposing a 'value of Paul Stastny to Quebec' because it is just stupid.

Old
05-23-2011, 07:40 AM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
I just think it is a another slap in the face for Atlanta fans and it is ridiculous proposing players to a team that doesn't exist. Why can't people wait until due process is done? I bet you already want to rename the Atlanta forum

You don't see Quebec fans proposing a 'value of Paul Stastny to Quebec' because it is just stupid.
I understand your point but it's difficult to forbid speculations in a forum about hockey.

Old
05-23-2011, 08:18 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:

-Manitoba has cap space

They have one....His name is Bryan Little.... And they'll probably have a second in another year or so named Alexander Burmistrov...

Old
05-23-2011, 10:50 AM
headsigh
leave at once!

Like Oneel said, Steen is redundant with a younger Steen in Bryan Little.

Old
05-23-2011, 11:26 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Steen plays LW and Schwartz will take over for McDonald when McDonald either retires or declines because of age. Perron also has question marks as he comes back from his concussion, so we need Steen at LW and won't come easy in a trade.

Steen is one of our more consistent and versatile forwards, which means he is not a player to trade to "shake" things up with. Our offense was in the top 10 in scoring, so we don't really need to make changes up front.

Old
05-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Timmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
I understand your point but it's difficult to forbid speculations in a forum about hockey.

Speculation is allowed regarding players of existing hockey teams.

If and when a city is confirmed to be receiving an NHL team, the speculation of resulting roster moves will be allowed.

Closed Thread