HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dave Cameron already has an NHL job?

Old
05-23-2011, 11:24 AM
HSF

vCash: 500
Dave Cameron already has an NHL job?

I dunno if i was dreaming since i see no thread on this and this is probably big.

anyways on the radio this morning on the show that was filling in for TGOR they had Mcguire on. The host asked if Cameron and another CHL memorial cup coach has the chance to be an nhl coach next year.

He pretty much answered that one has an nhl job already and one has nhl experience already. Pretty much saying Cameron, the guy without the nhl experience , has an nhl job already.

Maybe it will be announced after the memorial cup or Mcguire could be off basis here.

also can someone else also confirm what i heard.

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

I will go insane if Cameron is our coach.

He's way to restricting on offense.

He'd be a perfect coach for the Devils.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Ya, I have heard and seen DC's name a lot more then usual lately, have my fingers crossed that he is coming in as the assistant, although I am very slowly warming up to the idea of having him as HC...

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Legend Killer

I would say that the lack of information about any interviews is pretty telling... People will still try and spin it into Pierre being jealous and just throwing random information out there...

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
Ya, I have heard and seen DC's name a lot more then usual lately, have my fingers crossed that he is coming in as the assistant, although I am very slowly warming up to the idea of having him as HC...
You don't want him.

The main thing that I notice about watching Cameron's team (the Majors) is that he restricts his defenceman from pinching and rushing.

That's not good with Rundblad and Karlsson.

However, if he could realize that you can't restrict that offense, I wouldn't be as pissed off about him.

Old
05-23-2011, 11:39 AM
CR15

I fail to see how it can be spun in anyway other then Melnyk putting personal relationships ahead of good buisness if he is hired by the Sens.

What has Dave Cameron done behind the bench to be the must have guy out of the O or CHL ? nothing up until this year where he has allowed his team to blow the gold medal game and squander a 2-0 lead in the OHL finals. I would hope that he has to pull off the mem cup to even get considered as a finalist

CR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR15 View Post
I fail to see how it can be spun in anyway other then Melnyk putting personal relationships ahead of good buisness if he is hired by the Sens.

What has Dave Cameron done behind the bench to be the must have guy out of the O or CHL ? nothing up until this year where he has allowed his team to blow the gold medal game and squander a 2-0 lead in the OHL finals. I would hope that he has to pull off the mem cup to even get considered as a finalist
This.

Old
05-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
You don't want him.

The main thing that I notice about watching Cameron's team (the Majors) is that he restricts his defenceman from pinching and rushing.

However, if he could realize that you can't restrict that offense, I wouldn't be as pissed off about him.
I absolutely love the way Cameron has them playing such a physical style, I'm sure he would have to make a number of coaching adjustments based on our team and the fact that this is the NHL, not junior anymore.

Old
05-23-2011, 11:47 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

if he does i hope it's not with us.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Coco the Monkey*
T-Bone!

Quote:
You don't want him.

I'd argue that he doesn't have the personnel required to actually pinch and rush the puck. I'm sure he wouldn't stifle Karlsson or Rundblad's offense. The Devils were known for a trap but Niedermayer was allowed to do whatever the **** he wanted to do because he had the skill. The Majors lack skill throughout their entire roster, and it's pretty impressive that they were the top team. I would give Cameron a lot of credit for this, and he definitely deserves an NHL job, at least as an assistant.

Also, to say HE blew the gold medal game ALONE is ridiculous. Those kids should have known how to defend a 3-goal lead, it's not that hard. They're almost adults. Blame that on ****** goaltending and the players packing it in.

Coco the Monkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
I'd argue that he doesn't have the personnel required to actually pinch and rush the puck. I'm sure he wouldn't stifle Karlsson or Rundblad's offense. The Devils were known for a trap but Niedermayer was allowed to do whatever the **** he wanted to do because he had the skill. The Majors lack skill throughout their entire roster, and it's pretty impressive that they were the top team. I would give Cameron a lot of credit for this, and he definitely deserves an NHL job, at least as an assistant.

Also, to say HE blew the gold medal game ALONE is ridiculous. Those kids should have known how to defend a 3-goal lead, it's not that hard. They're almost adults. Blame that on ****** goaltending and the players packing it in.
I disagree. For CHL levels, the Majors were beast. Their players were the strongest, and could run 4 scoring lines that could hit as well. I argue that he did have the players.

You can't not blame the coach a bit for blowing that lead. It's his job to make sure the players are firing on all cylinders and he couldn't get them to do it.

Old
05-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Afro Thunder*

I have a feeling it's with Florida.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:59 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
I will go insane if Cameron is our coach.
Word.

Did he really give Flick **** for the penalty after scoring the goal as TSN said in the highlights? If so, I hate him even more.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Coco the Monkey*
T-Bone!

Quote:
I disagree. For CHL levels, the Majors were beast. Their players were the strongest, and could run 4 scoring lines that could hit as well. I argue that he did have the players.

You can't not blame the coach a bit for blowing that lead. It's his job to make sure the players are firing on all cylinders and he couldn't get them to do it.
I'm talking more about the D though. At the WJC, he allowed guys like Ellis to play the way they normally play. On the majors, they don't really have a rushing, mobile D, so it's easy to see why he would want them to stay safe. It's been working since they win a lot more than they lose, and give up few goals.

Old
05-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Coco the Monkey*
T-Bone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
Word.

Did he really give Flick **** for the penalty after scoring the goal as TSN said in the highlights? If so, I hate him even more.
no, he gave him **** for a dumb penalty. Then Flick was motivated and scored the GWG.

Old
05-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Coco the Monkey*
T-Bone!

it's pretty annoying how people say "i will go insane if this guy is our coach". why? you have no clue if they would be successful with this team. You have no clue who they are as a coach, whether they are likeable or not. Whoever they hire, just live with it. The coach isn't the one playing the games.

Old
05-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
it's pretty annoying how people say "i will go insane if this guy is our coach". why? you have no clue if they would be successful with this team. You have no clue who they are as a coach, whether they are likeable or not. Whoever they hire, just live with it. The coach isn't the one playing the games.
There is these things called facts and making predictions solely on past results.

He ****ed up the world juniors twice, he ****ed up Bingo a couple of times and he gets ****ed in junior as well. That leads us to believe he would be a pretty ****ed up coach.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach

Nope. KK is our new coach. confirmed it with myself yesterday.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Coco the Monkey*
T-Bone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
There is these things called facts and making predictions solely on past results.

He ****ed up the world juniors twice, he ****ed up Bingo a couple of times and he gets ****ed in junior as well. That leads us to believe he would be a pretty ****ed up coach.
I was talking about any coach where people say "I don't want this guy". Well, you're not a hockey person so it doesn't matter who you want. Anyways, with Cameron:

Pretty sure this year was his first WJC...and in Bingo, look who he had to work with.

Past results don't really dictate anything. Hartsburg won 2 WJC or whatevr it was and he sucked. So the opposite might be the best situation here.

Old
05-23-2011, 12:18 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Cause Ottawa's track record with coach's who have limited NHL experience has been fantastic?

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post

haha, lmao at this!

Old
05-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Coco the Monkey*
T-Bone!

Mike Babcock had no NHL experience...

Old
05-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Pretty sure this year was his first WJC...and in Bingo, look who he had to work with.

Past results don't really dictate anything. Hartsburg won 2 WJC or whatevr it was and he sucked. So the opposite might be the best situation here.
Junior is honestly a big difference to the NHL. Like entirely.

It's easier to get stuff out of kids when you tell them that if they play good, they can make millions of dollars in the NHL.

In the NHL, it's harder to convince Gonchar that he needs to play better when he has a $250 000 check coming in the mail whether or not he plays well.

Old
05-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
Mike Babcock had no NHL experience...
Bryan Murray hired Mike Babcock, not Eugene Melynk.

Old
05-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Coco the Monkey*
T-Bone!

KK as head coach, Cameron assistant, Dineen assistant, or Bob Jones assistant