HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

New Shaft Question

Old
05-23-2011, 11:52 AM
apperos76

vCash: 500
New Shaft Question

I am looking to make the switch from OPS to a tapered shaft since I seem to only break the blades of any of my OPS and I am sick of buying a whole new stick cause of it. The shafts I have my eye on are:

Warrior Dolomite 2011 -- Reebok 11k 2010 -- Easton SE 16 -- Bauer One60

I intend to use the Harrow 300 blades in the stick. I really do not know anything about shafts at this point, since I have not used them in such a long time. Does anyone have any experience with the above? Any info (weight, kick, etc.) would be helpful.

Thanks

apperos76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 01:22 PM
AIREAYE

uhh there's no such thing as a One60 shaft. Oh and check out last year's Reebok 8K tapered shaft, one of the lightest on the market.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 01:35 PM
apperos76

My bad, meant x60.. the Vapor model.

Thanks for the info on the 8K... I will check it out.

apperos76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 01:53 PM
mbeam

I use the 11K. No complaints. I sandpapered off the grip texture. It has a low kickpoint. I got the 75 flex and cut it to about 80, so it's fairly whippy for me. It's just my backup so it doesn't see that much ice time anymore. I don't have much to say about it, whether good or bad.

mbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:42 PM
slackerracker

i literally just bought the vapor x60 shaft /w pm9 x60 blade, haven't got a chance to use it yet. But i bought it for the same reason as you with breaking off just the blades on pretty much all the sticks i've owned.

slackerracker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I've used Dolomite shafts, Reebok shafts, and Easton shafts as well as Harrow 300 blades. The Dolomite-300 combo would probably be my first recommendation because the Dolomites have a good kick and it would balance well. The Reebok shafts are pretty stiff and light weight, I don't like them as much, they might not balance with the heavier blade. Easton shafts have a funny flex/feel to me and I don't like them (too rubbery).

My next two piece will be a Dolomite combo only because the Harrow 300 doesn't offer a 5 lie Sakic curve.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 01:38 PM
slackerracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackerracker View Post
i literally just bought the vapor x60 shaft /w pm9 x60 blade, haven't got a chance to use it yet. But i bought it for the same reason as you with breaking off just the blades on pretty much all the sticks i've owned.
played my first game with it that night, and it felt great was very light and didn't feel over wippy like my current x40 (both same 87 flex). Had a good feel to it and taking shots/passes was very good. Solid combo.

slackerracker is online now   Reply With Quote