HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers May Bring Back Immonen (Schoenfeld: No interest)

Old
05-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
soooooooo no Immonen. We can close this puppy

http://howlings.net/2011/05/21/from-...ce-berlet-113/

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
GOOD another soft center we didn't need

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 02:50 PM
gotmonte

lets trade immonen's rights at the draft with a package to either move up or package with our 15th and get a better nhl player.

I know his value is low right now and usually I am not a fan of selling low, but let the kid walk for something else.

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 04:37 PM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
lets trade immonen's rights at the draft with a package to either move up or package with our 15th and get a better nhl player.

I know his value is low right now and usually I am not a fan of selling low, but let the kid walk for something else.
Immonen has no value whatsoever.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:36 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
I updated the title, and we'll leave this open. Offseason, not much else to discuss in Rangerland.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:

I doubt his rights would even bring back a 7th.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:

Immonen has made it clear through his actions that he has absolutely no interest in playing in North America again--especially since he just signed an extension in the KHL. He's the one that got away--there's no trade value there, none at all. Not even as a throw in.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Quote:

His value isn't even low, it's non existent.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 09:27 PM
gotmonte

Ok than. I stand corrected LOL.

Sad than if he doesnt want to come to N.A to play again

Old
05-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Ok than. I stand corrected LOL.

Sad than if he doesnt want to come to N.A to play again
when the Rangers traded for him, couldnt they find out if he wanted to play in the NHL???

and when the Rangers draft european players cant the rangers know if that player is 100% committed to playing in the NHL before they draft him??

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
when the Rangers traded for him, couldnt they find out if he wanted to play in the NHL???

and when the Rangers draft european players cant the rangers know if that player is 100% committed to playing in the NHL before they draft him??
As a 22-yr old kid... and especially as an 17-yr old kid, why would you ever close the door like that? I'm sure Immonen kept the option open to play in the NHL right up until the point that he didn't make the Rangers and wasn't under contract. It's not like he was sitting there saying "I don't want to play in the NHL" before the opportunity ever really arose.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
As a 22-yr old kid... and especially as an 17-yr old kid, why would you ever close the door like that? I'm sure Immonen kept the option open to play in the NHL right up until the point that he didn't make the Rangers and wasn't under contract. It's not like he was sitting there saying "I don't want to play in the NHL" before the opportunity ever really arose.
yea but if he really wanted to play in the NHL, he would have came back.

imagine if Lundqvist stayed in sweden and didnt want to come to the NHL

Old
05-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:

Immonen signed an entry level contract wih the Rangers and played for two years in the system. When the contract expired, he returned to Europe and has played there ever since. I have no doubt that his goal when he signed with the Rangers was to play in the NHL, but it didn't work out here and he returned to Europe, where from all reports, he's played well and earned more than he ever would have here. Some people prefer being "the big fish in the little pond."

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Immonen signed an entry level contract wih the Rangers and played for two years in the system. When the contract expired, he returned to Europe and has played there ever since. I have no doubt that his goal when he signed with the Rangers was to play in the NHL, but it didn't work out here and he returned to Europe, where from all reports, he's played well and earned more than he ever would have here. Some people prefer being "the big fish in the little pond."
or some people care more about money than playing in the NHL the best hockey league in the world.....

Old
05-23-2011, 12:13 AM
walle

hes been 4 seasons in europe, how long rags have his rights again?

walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 12:30 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I think he would change his tune if we traded his rights to a team who would try to bring him over. This isn't Jan Marek we are talking about here, who we did get something for (Avery deal?).

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 01:59 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
or some people care more about money than playing in the NHL the best hockey league in the world.....
Yea, sure... Make a great salary living closer to home, while being a top player on your team... or make a fraction of the salary, live further away, and alternate between a minor league affiliate and a healthy scratch... Yea, the guy made an awful choice.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 07:08 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Immonen makes more money playing in the KHL. Borderline NHL/AHL European players make money playing in Europe. The money is tax free. In the NHL,its a two way contract. NHL minimums. Escrow if they play in the NHL. Jagr went to the KHL for the money. He made $8.36M in the first 3 years of the lockout from his original Caps contract from 2001. Jagr wasn't getting anything close to $8.36M after the 24% rollback as a free agent in 2008 so he went to the KHL with a less taxing schedule and no tax policy.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 01:20 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Immonen makes more money playing in the KHL. Borderline NHL/AHL European players make money playing in Europe. The money is tax free. In the NHL,its a two way contract. NHL minimums. Escrow if they play in the NHL. Jagr went to the KHL for the money. He made $8.36M in the first 3 years of the lockout from his original Caps contract from 2001. Jagr wasn't getting anything close to $8.36M after the 24% rollback as a free agent in 2008 so he went to the KHL with a less taxing schedule and no tax policy.
DAMN NO TAX? I am moving to Europe!

lol I kid I kid.

Although this tax stuff is getting WAAAAAAAY out of hand.

The ONLY way I can sleep at night is to know the tax payers pay for MY salary (and I pay for it too by paying taxes as well). Otherwise I would have hung myself a long time ago. I pay 38 percent and live in one of the highest taxed states in America

Ok back at hand. HOCKEY. Jagr didnt leave NHL to go to the KHL. Jagr wanted to return to play for the Rangers and stated he would take a pay cut ( I dont think it was ever mentioned HOW MUCH a pay cut he would take though ) and the Rangers wanted to go in a different route than Captain Jagr. So to say Jagr bolted NHL to KHL for money, is not accurate.

Old
05-23-2011, 07:20 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiina View Post
After leaving NA Immonen won the SM-liiga KHL and now the World Championships.Ak Bars Kazan pays him 2 million dollars for the next season.

Why would he come back to sit on the bench or play in the AHL?
Quote:
Immonen in Christensen out i can live with that
So could I but I don't think Schoeny is playing hardball. I always like Immonen but if it was going to happen it was going to happen under Renney's regime. Immonen's development would have been watched by him as Director of Player Personnel then the decision to bring him onto the NHL club would have been his as Coach. If it didn't happen then when he was 24, I guess it's not happening now when he's happy and making too much money, though I see no reason why they shouldn't offer him a deal just like they one MZA has 1.75m for 2 years 1 way deal.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
yea but if he really wanted to play in the NHL, he would have came back.

imagine if Lundqvist stayed in sweden and didnt want to come to the NHL
Maybe we would have been actually able to rebuild

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
So could I but I don't think Schoeny is playing hardball. I always like Immonen but if it was going to happen it was going to happen under Renney's regime. Immonen's development would have been watched by him as Director of Player Personnel then the decision to bring him onto the NHL club would have been his as Coach. If it didn't happen then when he was 24, I guess it's not happening now when he's happy and making too much money, though I see no reason why they shouldn't offer him a deal just like they one MZA has 1.75m for 2 years 1 way deal.
I think Schoeny got asked a dumb question about a prospect from the past, probably by a Finnish reporter, and just gave an answer without really thinking.

At least, thats what I hope. Because if this team is going backwards and looking into Jarkko Immonen again, then I dont even want to know what kind of other things are being discussed during these organizational meetings.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 07:43 PM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think Schoeny got asked a dumb question about a prospect from the past, probably by a Finnish reporter, and just gave an answer without really thinking.

At least, thats what I hope. Because if this team is going backwards and looking into Jarkko Immonen again, then I dont even want to know what kind of other things are being discussed during these organizational meetings.
As much as I feel that Immonen didn't get a fair shot with us, I agree that it would be silly to look at him again. That opportunity has passed.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote