HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zach Parise feels he'll be a Devil no matter what next season

Old
05-21-2011, 02:06 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daron7 View Post
i wonder if burke would offer sheet just to mess with us.
Burke hates offer sheets, and we won't allow it to get that far.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Burke says a lot of things, but does other things.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:14 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
If he isn't signed by June 15, Lou will file for arbitration, taking away the possibility of an offer sheet. There is literally zero chance that Parise is offer sheeted.
That's another thing that might piss off Parise. Lou is taking away Zach's option to possibly land a major deal from other teams (the Vanek "os" comes to mind), who knows? Once the Parise situation will be behind us, whatever the outcome, we won't have to deal with another big/important signing for a while and that's fine by me. All this uncertainty of what the core of the team will look like is driving my crazy.

I think Lou will resign Parise long term and do all he can to bring in a top pairing d-men within 2 years, when all that brutal cap space will clear the books. If that happens plus the emergence of our prospects (including 4th overall )... this team can be dangerous for years to come.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:21 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
That's another thing that might piss off Parise. Lou is taking away Zach's option to possibly land a major deal from other teams (the Vanek "os" comes to mind), who knows? Once the Parise situation will be behind us, whatever the outcome, we won't have to deal with another big/important signing for a while and that's fine by me. All this uncertainty of what the core of the team will look like is driving my crazy.
If Parise says he wants to stay, why would taking the option of leaving away piss him off? He seems pretty levelheaded regarding the business aspect of hockey, and we can thank his father for that. I don't think Parise will be insulted by anything Lou is going to do.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Just like a good lawyer should.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:35 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
If Parise says he wants to stay, why would taking the option of leaving away piss him off? He seems pretty levelheaded regarding the business aspect of hockey, and we can thank his father for that. I don't think Parise will be insulted by anything Lou is going to do.
No one knows what Parise wants other then Parise himself. I love all the "politicaly correct" quotes and all but to me, they don't mean squat and we have Kovy as the perfect example. He said he wanted to stay in Atlanta and the next thing you know, he's declining a 100M$ contract.

I'm not saying it'll turn out like the IK saga but seing Parise say the right things are part of the game, they have to answer reporters, so they give them chewed up answers.

I'll know Parise is serious about staying here when I'll see... Confirmed: Parise signs 8year/50M$ (6.25M$ per)

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Nothing to do but wait. I just hope it's before July 1.

Old
05-21-2011, 02:39 PM
daron7
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
exactly.

daron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 03:18 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
No one knows what Parise wants other then Parise himself. I love all the "politicaly correct" quotes and all but to me, they don't mean squat and we have Kovy as the perfect example. He said he wanted to stay in Atlanta and the next thing you know, he's declining a 100M$ contract.

I'm not saying it'll turn out like the IK saga but seing Parise say the right things are part of the game, they have to answer reporters, so they give them chewed up answers.

I'll know Parise is serious about staying here when I'll see... Confirmed: Parise signs 8year/50M$ (6.25M$ per)
I seriously stopped breathing for a second when I saw the "comfirmed" red in your post and thought he signed for that.

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 03:57 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
I seriously stopped breathing for a second when I saw the "comfirmed" red in your post and thought he signed for that.
Not gonna lie, I did the same thing

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 04:00 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
Not gonna lie, I did the same thing
I'm glad i'm not the only one..

I already have 3 parise jerseys, but I don't have a white one so when he signs I'll probably add that to the collection..

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

I'll need to add a C to my red Parise when that happens.

Old
05-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Scott04

While none of us really want to see Parise sign a 1 year deal (as we would all prefer knowing he'll be here for 5+), a 1 year deal might not be awful. Haven't there been rumors that in a new CBA, the age for unrestricted free agency may be pushed back? Not as far back as the 31 it used to be, but somewhere in the middle. I remember someone telling me this. Obviously they could have been full of it. But if that's true, a 1 year deal may in reality keep him here for a couple of years, depending on how things play out. Of course I would much rather he just sign a long term deal now, and get it all over with, but you have to look at all of the potential positive options.

Scott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
While none of us really want to see Parise sign a 1 year deal (as we would all prefer knowing he'll be here for 5+), a 1 year deal might not be awful. Haven't there been rumors that in a new CBA, the age for unrestricted free agency may be pushed back? Not as far back as the 31 it used to be, but somewhere in the middle. I remember someone telling me this. Obviously they could have been full of it. But if that's true, a 1 year deal may in reality keep him here for a couple of years, depending on how things play out. Of course I would much rather he just sign a long term deal now, and get it all over with, but you have to look at all of the potential positive options.
I disagree, the last thing anyone of us want is Parise signing a one year deal and become a UFA in 2012, it's something I don't think would end favorably for us. I honestly don't see anything positive in this scenario.

Lou needs to get a long term deal NOW, anything else would be a failure on his part.

05-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
I disagree, the last thing anyone of us want is Parise signing a one year deal and become a UFA in 2012, it's something I don't think would end favorably for us. I honestly don't see anything positive in this scenario.

Lou needs to get a long term deal NOW, anything else would be a failure on his part.
I'm saying that under the assumption that UFA age is pushed back. I don't want him to be a UFA in 2012. But if the new CBA pushed back his UFA date a year or two, the one year deal this year isn't horrible. I don't want any situation where he's unrestricted in 2012. It's hard to predict the future, but the one year deal isn't that bad if the latter scenario played out.

Old
05-22-2011, 01:41 PM
CerebralGenesis

The problem is getting a 1 year deal is usually not a good sign that the player wants to be part of the longer term future. You'd also be banking on what the next CBA would entail. It's just adding more uncertainty when the idea of a longer contract is less, ideally.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
The problem is getting a 1 year deal is usually not a good sign that the player wants to be part of the longer term future. You'd also be banking on what the next CBA would entail. It's just adding more uncertainty when the idea of a longer contract is less, ideally.
For the most part, that's my thinking. Of course there's no way of knowing how the CBA will turn out a year from now, making a 1 year deal miserable until that point in time just to see if the CBA would work in our favor for the situation. Just putting a potentially positive spin on something that may be a reasonable outcome of this re-signing phase. A 1 year deal wouldn't surprise me for a few different reasons, so it doesn't hurt to try to find the least negative result of a deal. Great optimism, I know.

Old
05-22-2011, 06:51 PM
njdss4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Exactly my thoughts. We know that issues involving NHL management and the Devils future don't always turn out well, so banking on the CBA turning out the way we want is not a good idea. Lou will probably elect for team arbitration for the extension period only, but if he doesn't get Zach signed before the meetings and ends up with a 1 year deal, Parise is probably gone in 2012.

njdss4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 07:40 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline   Reply With Quote