HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4. Canucks 4 - Sharks 2

Old
05-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Janney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
YES. I could not believe the main board when I saw that. I was right in front of the play and Jamie was going for HIM when Ballard basically chickened out and ducked down to his knees.

**** move by Ballard, and props to Jamie for literally popping right up like nothing happened.

Jamie is a damn wrecking ball.

Out of curiosity, is it ever possible for an RFA to resign for cheap in order to ensure a roster spot?

For example, I know Jamie was sent down to the AHL this year, and even though I wasn't thrilled with his play, I think it was more to do with cap gymnastics than anything.

What are the chances of him signing a contract with less of a cap hit in order to make sure that he gets playing time in the NHL?
Not exactly sure what you mean by "resign for cheap in order to ensure a roster spot?" Like if he'll resign cheaper than what he previously made?

I don't think McGinn is exempt from waivers after this seasons over (I think the rule is, 3 seasons or 180 games). His ELC contract is up, so whatever contract we give him means he'll probably be on the roster. Unless of course we risk putting him on waivers.

Janney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 10:08 PM
BrianSmith
Chokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by param View Post
Not exactly sure what you mean by "resign for cheap in order to ensure a roster spot?" Like if he'll resign cheaper than what he previously made?

I don't think McGinn is exempt from waivers after this seasons over (I think the rule is, 3 seasons or 180 games). His ELC contract is up, so whatever contract we give him means he'll probably be on the roster. Unless of course we risk putting him on waivers.
Sorry, I know his ELC is up. What I mean is this - suppose your ELC is 1+ million and your play isn't up enough to justify that. After your ELC, can you sign for say 600k to make yourself more attractive to play. I know Mike Moore supposedly did this, but he was a FA if I remember correctly.

My question is could Ginner take a cheaper contract that would both help his team that is strapped for cash, and also would help him as he would be cap friendly, and by getting more playing time he gets more time to develop his NHL game thus getting a better chance of actually becoming an NHL regular.

BrianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 10:58 PM
ramstoria

Quote:
YES. I could not believe the main board when I saw that. I was right in front of the play and Jamie was going for HIM when Ballard basically chickened out and ducked down to his knees.

**** move by Ballard, and props to Jamie for literally popping right up like nothing happened.

Jamie is a damn wrecking ball.

Out of curiosity, is it ever possible for an RFA to resign for cheap in order to ensure a roster spot?

For example, I know Jamie was sent down to the AHL this year, and even though I wasn't thrilled with his play, I think it was more to do with cap gymnastics than anything.

What are the chances of him signing a contract with less of a cap hit in order to make sure that he gets playing time in the NHL?
quick google search and i found this.

Monetary amounts for qualifying offers are as follows:
  • Salary < $660,000: The qualifying offer must include a 10% increase on the base salary.
  • Salary between $660,000 and $1 million: The qualifying offer must include a 5% increase on the base salary.
  • Salary > $1 million: The player does not have to receive an increase in salary for a qualifying offer.

http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2011/...lifying-offers

ramstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:16 PM
BrianSmith
Chokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramstoria View Post
quick google search and i found this.

Monetary amounts for qualifying offers are as follows:
  • Salary < $660,000: The qualifying offer must include a 10% increase on the base salary.
  • Salary between $660,000 and $1 million: The qualifying offer must include a 5% increase on the base salary.
  • Salary > $1 million: The player does not have to receive an increase in salary for a qualifying offer.

http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2011/...lifying-offers
Now my question is will he get a 10% salary increase based on his salary without bonuses? How do bonuses get factored into this rule? EDIT: His salary without bonuses is 650k, with bonuses it's 940k.

Old
05-24-2011, 12:52 AM
lennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209 View Post
AND, the Canuck ownership and families were in the suite behind 209 complaining about the fans cheering.... It was so ridiculous. They complained that we turned around and were cheering too loud with vancouver sucks chants. Two ppl ended up being thrown out but that was the after effects of them drunkily cursing out VAN ownership. Prior to that, there was no bad language at all as there were many kids around. It was such ********... I called my acct rep this morning to complain as neither the Kings nor Red Wings ownerships had any issues with us. They even chatted with us during the games...
I love these completely unsubstantiated stories. Its what makes the internet great

lennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:18 AM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:

yes. Chicago did this with Jack Skille last offseason. they were in a cap crunch, and he had to take a pay cut if he wanted to play in the NHL. if DW decides to play hardball for once, McGinn could sign for less $.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie View Post
I love these completely unsubstantiated stories. Its what makes the internet great
were you at the game too?

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:51 AM
BrianSmith
Chokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie View Post
I know you're used to fans complaining about everything and then getting used to it and get the generally feeling that all your own fans and NHL fans in general are whining and don't know what they're talking about. However, when Sharks fans point out specifics like the ones they've done here, and don't regularly do it, we tend to listen.

Many of us go to every game, many of us hardly have bad things to write, but if we see something bad happen and report it then you feel the need to come in here a discredit it?

Go back to your own section if you are just going to accuse us of lying... I wouldn't be surprised if we won game 5 and after your GM makes a comment about our fan's classlessness ... that's how whiney he's been this whole playoff season.

Old
05-24-2011, 03:05 AM
Plowevelski
3 Rings, 5 Years.

Hah! If you know about 209 then this doesn't seem far fetched at all.

Plowevelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiNiemi View Post
Hah! If you know about 209 then this doesn't seem far fetched at all.
We might have a reputation but seriously, even I couldn't make this crap up. Thats what happened. If 'nucks fans cant handle the truth get the ******* outta my kitchen.

LETS GO SHARKS!!! I BELIEVE THE SHARKS WILL WIN

209 is offline   Reply With Quote