HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Parise/Yandle

Old
05-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Parise/Yandle

Now, let me preface this by saying that Parise is my favorite current NHL player. I do not want him traded unless he is unhappy with the Devils (everything points to the opposite) or he will only take a 1 year deal (remember, he is RFA this coming July 1 and a 1 year deal takes him to UFA next offseason.)

That being said, I would think a deal centering around these 2 would be possible, and would make some sense for both teams. keep in mind, this deal would hinge on both players being signed.

Does Phoenix have to add? I personally think so, but I'm not sure. And if so, what do they add? Just curious as to everyones opinions.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:18 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

If phoenix moves Yandle it will be due to NHL imposed contractual limitations.

Parise will be even harder to sign.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Yandle is one of the few players in the NHL who I would accept as the centrepiece of a package for Parise.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:53 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Eh, even if a fair hypothetical deal could be found I like to discourage this type of discussion

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Magnifique

If we had to move Yandle, it would mean we couldn't give him the contract he wanted; which would likely mean we wouldn't be able to give Parise the contract he would want.

Outside of that fact, I'd say Phoenix has to add; Parise is--in my opinion--one of the best forwards in the game. Probably Yandle+2nd for Parise, possibly more from Phoenix's side.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 03:22 PM
BeastoftheEast85

I like Yandle but it wouldn't make sense for Phoenix, and I value Parise over him.

Man I am getting tired of those Devs fans that are ready to rip out their heart for a good offensive D-man.

BeastoftheEast85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 03:33 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Eh, even if a fair hypothetical deal could be found I like to discourage this type of discussion
Basically this. A Parise/Yandle+ swap makes sense, but I'd rather not discuss it. It's going to feed the idiots who can't read into think he's available.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote