Flyers to make a pitch for Kiprusoff?

Old
05-18-2011, 02:43 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

vCash: 500
Flyers to make a pitch for Kiprusoff?

Quote:
But maybe the Flyers are not limiting themselves to free agency.

There are whispers that they may make a pitch for Buffalo's Ryan Miller, the Rangers' Henrik Lundqvist, Calgary's Miikka Kiprusoff, Minnesota's Niklas Backstrom or, yes, New Jersey's Martin Brodeur.
http://www.delawareonline.com/articl...er?odyssey=tab

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 03:29 PM
getoverit

did they leave anyone out

getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Philly will go hard after either Bryz or Vokoun in FA first. If they cannot land one of those two then I would expect them to try their luck with landing one of the above goaltenders through a trade.

LOL at aquiring Miller.

Last edited by Johnny Hoxville: 05-18-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 05:30 PM
fischy13

I don't think Philly will put themselves in a position by signing a FA and then dealing with having to get rid of cap space. There was a comment by Feaster at the deadline, I think it was Feaster, who said that nobody is willing to make a deal without exchanging equal money. If it truly is that hard, then Philly will either

a) have to put someone on waivers and he clears, going to the minors and they are stuck paying full price, who doesn't deserve to be there and nobody would ever sign there, or

b) he gets claim on re-entry or even on waivers going down and they lose that player for nothing anyways, which in my opinion is no different than trading an equal contract for say someone like Kipper.

All of their higher priced players that would need to offset a Bryz or Vokoun do not warrant getting put in the minors the way a Souray and Redden did. They were there becasue of issues, Philly doesn't have a situation like that with any of their higher priced players that would need to go down.

fischy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:09 PM
GaryTheGreatRoberts

Brodeur yea right ,Miller yea right and doubtful on Kipper

GaryTheGreatRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 10:24 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischy13 View Post
I don't think Philly will put themselves in a position by signing a FA and then dealing with having to get rid of cap space. There was a comment by Feaster at the deadline, I think it was Feaster, who said that nobody is willing to make a deal without exchanging equal money. If it truly is that hard, then Philly will either

a) have to put someone on waivers and he clears, going to the minors and they are stuck paying full price, who doesn't deserve to be there and nobody would ever sign there, or

b) he gets claim on re-entry or even on waivers going down and they lose that player for nothing anyways, which in my opinion is no different than trading an equal contract for say someone like Kipper.

All of their higher priced players that would need to offset a Bryz or Vokoun do not warrant getting put in the minors the way a Souray and Redden did. They were there becasue of issues, Philly doesn't have a situation like that with any of their higher priced players that would need to go down.
This is the norm, but it is not always correct. At this years deadline there were a few players that Ottawa dealt for draft picks/prospects and took very little salary back. Fisher is the best example that comes to mind. Philly also has some very good top 6 plaeyrs that I think other teams would take and send very little salary back for teams that have the cap space.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Flames 1st pick

maybe time Flyers and their fans realize that they need a goalie to win the cup....but maybe not.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Hockey Fan View Post
maybe time Flyers and their fans realize that they need a goalie to win the cup....but maybe not.
Whats this? A post that doesn't insult the Flames...?

Who are you, and where is the real Dallas Hockey Fan?

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:30 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Whats this? A post that doesn't insult the Flames...?

Who are you, and where is the real Dallas Hockey Fan?

This. and i really enjoy how vague they made that, now if it happens they can say i told you so

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:10 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

I hear that there was this Vokoun guy available at the deadline...

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote