HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr-buf

Old
05-23-2011, 08:46 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok89 View Post
Until then lets stop assuming?
Or let's do whatever we feel confident in predicting.

05-23-2011, 10:21 PM
RicoMartin

No thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Buffalo needs to add centers, not trade them. Not bad value wise, but Buffalo can't trade Roy
Roy for Gaborik or Kane is a deal that makes more sense.
Buffalo gives up a cap favourable player for a player that is locked up for a few seasons. However, for Buffalo to do this, they would be helping the Rangers with their cap and their intent to get Richards.

If Tampa gets knocked out, they will make a play for Richards to come back and live with the loss of Gagne and Bergenheim; Buffalo should look at both of these fellas closely.

Buffalo will have no choice but to trade for a center with a bit of a contract that had an off-season...possibles are Langkow, Stajan, Bozak, perhaps Robiero.

RicoMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:54 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoMartin View Post
Roy for Gaborik or Kane is a deal that makes more sense.
Buffalo gives up a cap favourable player for a player that is locked up for a few seasons. However, for Buffalo to do this, they would be helping the Rangers with their cap and their intent to get Richards.

If Tampa gets knocked out, they will make a play for Richards to come back and live with the loss of Gagne and Bergenheim; Buffalo should look at both of these fellas closely.

Buffalo will have no choice but to trade for a center with a bit of a contract that had an off-season...possibles are Langkow, Stajan, Bozak, perhaps Robiero.
Roy isn't worth a Gaborik or Kane like player. They would have to add to get that. And don't give me the what has Gaborik done lately. I wouldn't even consider trading him for Roy straight up.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:08 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Buffalo can only trade Roy at this stage of the game if they get two centers back.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 08:44 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
Let's say following July 1st, the Rangers don't get Brad Richards and are still looking for an upgrade at the center position. Would this get Buffalo talking?

To New York Rangers:

Derek Roy

To Buffalo:

Michael Del Zotto
Dale Weise
2012 1st Round Pick

-The Rangers get a good center that would be the #1 by default and at a respectable cap hit for the next two seasons.
-The Sabres get Michael Del Zotto, a 21 year old left handed offensive defenseman who had a down year due to injuries and tentative play offensively (sophmore slump). He and Tyler Myers would make a good pairing down the road, in my opinion.
-Also, the Sabres get Dale Weise a soon to be 23 year old potential 3rd/4th liner that has improved each season in the AHL and provides grit in the bottom 6. Weise hits, fights, blocks shots, plays well defensively, and has shown an ability to put the puck in the net.
-Sabres get a 2012 first rounder, a draft that is said to be stronger than the 2011 draft.
-Finally, the Sabres get some more cap room. With Pegula as owner and a commitment to spending money, they would be able to lock up the young players going after UFAs in subsequent years.

I think people may think the value is off here, but Roy was injured a good portion of this past season, some have stated his locker room presence leaves something to be desired, and the team performed better following his injury.
Good deal for the Rangers. Derek Roy could fit in as the #1 center and do quite well.

The Rangers have tons of young defenseman so losing MDZ could be workable

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 08:47 AM
tmack224

Only way this happens is if dubinski is coming the other way. Roy is our #1 center and only top 6 center on the team not to mention he is a PPG player... We dont need young PMD we need a big shutdown defenseman...

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 09:00 AM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
Let's say following July 1st, the Rangers don't get Brad Richards and are still looking for an upgrade at the center position. Would this get Buffalo talking?
Unless Buffalo was the team that got Richards, probably not.

Quote:
-The Sabres get Michael Del Zotto, a 21 year old left handed offensive defenseman who had a down year due to injuries and tentative play offensively (sophmore slump). He and Tyler Myers would make a good pairing down the road, in my opinion.
Myers works better with a d-man that gives him the room to rush the puck and covers for him when necessary. Basically a defensive d-man with good skating. Del Zotto is not that guy. I doubt any shutdown pairing involving Myers (which their plan is) could involve a PMD like Del Zotto.

Quote:
-Finally, the Sabres get some more cap room. With Pegula as owner and a commitment to spending money, they would be able to lock up the young players going after UFAs in subsequent years.
The Sabres have enough cap space and some bigger contract coming off next season. They don't need more cap space at all. What they don't have is another top 6 center which Roy is. What they have are enough PMD or players that are better in the offensive zone in Myers, Leopold, Sekera and Gragnani. What they also have is a stacked d-man pipeline.

They'd be looking to upgrade some of those PMD into a shutdown d-man, not acquire more of them for their lone scoring center.

Quote:
I think people may think the value is off here, but Roy was injured a good portion of this past season, some have stated his locker room presence leaves something to be desired, and the team performed better following his injury.
Those people are mostly those that bash Roy for every little mistake and blame him when Vanek is slumping. I doubt management is part of those that think that.

Personally I don't think the value is there at all. The Sabres would be trading from a position of their biggest weakness to acquire someone on a position of strength. The 1st rounder and Weise are nice and all, but with this UFA crop consisting of some pretty good PMD (Ehrhoff, Wisniewski, Markov, Kaberle, Pitkanen,...) and no really good defensive d-man other than maybe Brewer, there's no need for Del Zotto.

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfeldman View Post
The rangers wouldnt do del zotto alone for roy let alone weise and a first rounder
Well that is ****ing hilarious. Because Sabres wouldn't touch the original proposal, let alone just take Del Zotto.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 12:50 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

NO

Rangers can't deal MDZ. There's nothing to fill that hole. Signing Richards fills the #1 center spot.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

In terms of trade value, Roy and Gaborik are very similar, Kane and Roy? Not so much.

If you look at Roy you get a solid 60-70 point season from him for a 4 million cap hit. With Gaborik you're gonna get a 40 goal scorer who puts up elite numbers, or you're going to have injured Gaborik who will miss a substantial amount of games.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:27 PM
SiriusBizinuez
Jakub might kill you

Here is Buffalo's Center depth:

Roy
Hecht
Gaustad
McCormick
Adam

What part of that list makes anyone think we could trade Roy?

Edit: Assuming we sign McCormick (We almost certainly will)

SiriusBizinuez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusBizinuez View Post
Here is Buffalo's Center depth:

Roy
Hecht
Gaustad
McCormick
Adam

What part of that list makes anyone think we could trade Roy?

Edit: Assuming we sign McCormick (We almost certainly will)
This. Roy is one of Buffalo's most valuable players right now.

Roy is a 25 goal, 75 points two-way center on a bargain of a contract. He's our only true scoring line center, the team is weak as hell on center depth after him. Not to mention Roy is BY FAR the best player in this deal. Seeing the NYR fans lol at this trade makes me lol even harder.

I wouldn't even do Roy for Gaborik straight up. And of course the NYR fans who don't have a clue will laugh at that statement.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 04:28 PM
SoFFacet

As a ton of other posters have pointed out, BUF cannot deal centers, let alone for something they already have at least three of (Leopold, Sekera, Gragnani).

Ironically I suggest the trade be modified to PMD (To NYR) for C (to BUF). This is the part where NYR fans object that they cannot deal their only good centers because they have crappy center depth. Unless they sign Richards, then they might think about it. And the thread will have come full circle.

SoFFacet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 05:13 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Roy isn't worth a Gaborik or Kane like player. They would have to add to get that. And don't give me the what has Gaborik done lately. I wouldn't even consider trading him for Roy straight up.
Why????

The fact is, and fans of any other team than the Rangers, please name one player on the Rangers who is worth Roy???? Please name one. Staal? Maybe. Callahan...not yet. Dubynski...don't think so.

Straight up...is Roy better than Gaborik? Hell no! Gaborik is def better but that much better than $3.5 million cap hit???? Roy makes $4mil per season, Gaborik is at $7.5mil....a huge difference.

Last 5 seasons:

Roy
350 GP - 117 G - 201 A - 318 PTS - +53 - .908 ppg

Gaborik
280 GP - 149 G - 148 A - 297 PTS - +55 - 1.06 ppg

Again, Gaborik is the straight up better player offensively but not by much, and taken into account his history with injuries...no thanks. Roy's first injury came last year, when he had 35 points in 35 games.

IMO, I'll keep Roy and you keep your 21 year old "prodigy."

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote