HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mac A + Phi 1st + Bos 1st

Old
05-24-2011, 01:13 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
Sure, but if I'm an NHL GM I'm going to wait another season and see if he can replicate those numbers before trading worthwhile assets for him in some kind of package.

For all we know, next season he could put up 40 points in 80 games and everyone will forget about him.
Yep,

that's why I mentioned earlier that he's way more valuable to us rather than a different team.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:25 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Sure, but if I'm an NHL GM I'm going to wait another season and see if he can replicate those numbers before trading worthwhile assets for him in some kind of package.

For all we know, next season he could put up 40 points in 80 games and everyone will forget about him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
Yep,

that's why I mentioned earlier that he's way more valuable to us rather than a different team.
Exactly.

You are both right.

HarryNealesGarden is correct, GMs aren't going to be sold enough based on 1 season of production; which is fully understandable.

Burke will most likely use this to his advantage in negotiations w/ Clarke. I can see a similar contract to Kulie's being signed. 2 year deal with a very reasonable 2-2.5M cap hit.

His trade value is not that of a 60pt winger; but his value to the Leafs roster is.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:41 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Exactly.

You are both right.

HarryNealesGarden is correct, GMs aren't going to be sold enough based on 1 season of production; which is fully understandable.

Burke will most likely use this to his advantage in negotiations w/ Clarke. I can see a similar contract to Kulie's being signed. 2 year deal with a very reasonable 2-2.5M cap hit.

His trade value is not that of a 60pt winger; but his value to the Leafs roster is.
Holy crap...a bunch of people that "get it" in terms of trade value. Seriously, give yourselves a pat on the back.

All the MacArthur trade proposals here have gotten out of hand. GM's don't give up valuable assets for guys that have had one productive NHL season at the age of 26. If he duplicates this year's production, then you've got yourself a tradeable commodity, because GM's can operate under the premise that they know what they're getting. But until he produces at a 20/40 clip again, then you run the risk of acquiring a guy that caught fire in a contract year and played a fair amount time on the Power Play. He was good this year though, I thought, but the question sort of remains what type of output would he produce on a deeper team that doesn't require him to play so many minutes at even strength and on the PP?

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Blunt About Habs

sounds like....ryder +halak +2nd?? Anyone??

sorry laffs but don't think you can trade away only assets your willing to part with and get in return a solid top 6 or top 4 player.

Montreal fans and laffers seem to be the best at coming up with this junk.

IMo this package has a lot of value, but too much uncertainty around the picks and Mac's consistency to justify the top-level talent i think the leafs really need

Blunt About Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Makaveli

pavelski

Makaveli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 05:24 PM
D3ADLY

for people saying Mac is more valuable to the leafs this is not true. Mac will sign south of 3 mil not north meaning a great contract for teams to absorb. Here is a proposal that might people hate on but fact of reality is it could really be beneficial to both teams.
Mac + 2 firsts (2011) + L. Schenn for R. Nash and salary dump (low performing player). If we keep on playing the hes more valuable to our team with every player than there would be no trades.

i only did the proposal because value of the original poster wasn't really determined

D3ADLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 05:28 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer84Instinct View Post
for people saying Mac is more valuable to the leafs this is not true. Mac will sign south of 3 mil not north meaning a great contract for teams to absorb. Here is a proposal that might people hate on but fact of reality is it could really be beneficial to both teams.
Mac + 2 firsts (2011) + L. Schenn for R. Nash and salary dump (low performing player). If we keep on playing the hes more valuable to our team with every player than there would be no trades.
Jesus H. Christ.

-CLB doesn't touch this.
-Why does Toronto want this? What hole does this fill?

Old
05-24-2011, 05:35 PM
D3ADLY

Quote:
Jesus H. Christ.

-CLB doesn't touch this.
-Why does Toronto want this? What hole does this fill?
okay the point is offering something more valuable to get something of value in return so what if clb doesn't touch this some one with top talent migt

Old
05-24-2011, 05:41 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
okay the point is offering something more valuable to get something of value in return so what if clb doesn't touch this some one with top talent migt
What? Maybe repeat that on english?

Old
05-24-2011, 05:43 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
MacArthur doesn't have any trade value, that's the entire point.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 05:46 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
MacArthur doesn't have any trade value, that's the entire point.
We have a weiner! Thank you

Old
05-24-2011, 05:51 PM
D3ADLY

Quote:
What? Maybe repeat that on english?
i won't waste my time by saying another word to you after this

Old
05-24-2011, 06:19 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
If the Leafs were to do a sign and trade with the above mentioned package what would your team be willing to offer. It does not have to be C in return but a legitimate top 6 or top 4 puck moving dman is required to come back. It could also be a salary dump + maybe top 3 (who is currently not able to play top 3 in some teams). Lets hear your thoughts and see if this package fits your team needs.
yes a center DOES need to come back how does a winger help fill the hjole at #1 center?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote