HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bertuzzi, St. Louis, or Heatly?

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Dropkick Alex

vCash: 500
Bertuzzi, St. Louis, or Heatly?

Stop with these names be real people, the only one that will even come close to coming to Florida is Bertuzzi but the asking price is huge. From what I've heard now it seems like the trade would be huge. The names involved:

Vancouver:
Luongo
Bouwmeester

Florida:
Jovo, Bertuzzi, Cloutier

Come on people, stop dreaming here. By the way Cloutier just signed a new deal today. 2 years for 5 million, 2.5 per a year.

Now from what I have read in the Trade Rumor Thread is Ryan Smyth is avaiable for trade, yes Clash and Rich I understand he is a RFA but I think we can all agree a trade involving Ryan Smyth is more likely than a big named player such as Bertuzzi, St. Louis, or Heatly as everyone has been saying. My question is what would you give for Ryan Smyth? Would Jokinen be in this deal if we were to do it? So my question is:
A. Who would you give up for Ryan Smyth?
B. Would you want Ryan Smyth here?
C. If we do trade for Ryan Smyth is Olli good as gone?
D. With Cloutier resigning does that mean the trade rumor of Bouwmeester going to Vancouver is officially off? Or is the possibility of Bouwmeester for Jovo still breathing?

By the way the rumor of Ryan Smyth being traded has been on the Oilers board here which really isn't a good link for information but it's gone 4 pages I believe and Oiler fans say it was on radio station. Also I'm not bashing on anybody who has posted about Bertuzzi, St. Louis or Heatly trades.

Old
08-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Luongo > Bertuzzi
Bouw > Jovo

I know this sounds crazy, but I am talking about trade value here. Both Luongo and Bo have enormous trade value, so that trade just doesn't make sense.

I won't even begin with the Oilers proposals because I have been down that road 100 times and we just don't seem to be good partners.

Old
08-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Dropkick Alex

Oh sorry Scott I was talking about the names that were thrown into the mix not as that would be the actual trade, sorry a little bit mis leading but yes I agree.

Old
08-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Acadmus

I say no to Ryan Smyth as my half-addled brain seems to recall that he spends most seasons on the IR...unless I'm remembering some other star player the Oilers have that's always injured...

Old
08-18-2005, 07:07 PM
patastrophe

Send a message via Yahoo to patastrophe
i thought that vancouver rumor had been thoroughly and completely shot down already.

luongo cant be moved until his arbitration status is settled at the earliest.

Old
08-18-2005, 07:24 PM
CatscratchFever
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Didn't we used to have the rights to Smyth a long, long, long time ago when he was still a prospect? For some reason, i've always thought that.

Old
08-18-2005, 07:35 PM
Jakethesnake

If We Trade For Cloutier I Will Freakin Puke

Old
08-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever
Didn't we used to have the rights to Smyth a long, long, long time ago when he was still a prospect? For some reason, i've always thought that.
I believe we had the choice between Jovo or Smyth with the number 1 pick.

Old
08-19-2005, 02:43 PM
Dropkick Alex

Why not love for Ryan Smyth?

Old
08-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Heimy

A couple of things...

1) The Oil could be a very good trading partner. Apart from Ryan Smyth (who we could certainly use) they've got several other nicely priced young players that would fit well here and benefit our club. Same goes for them with several of our players. They need a centerman. We need a right winger. Example: Hemsky for Weiss.

2) Todd Bertuzzi while a monster, is probably too expensive for us to deal for. Why not look into a similar, albeit lesser type like Shane Doan? He wouldn't come cheap but he'd be a great addition.

3) I'd be in the stall next to Jake heaving my guts out if we had Cloutier between our pipes. $2.5 million a yr? oy!

4) We need another solid Dman MORE than we do another forward.

Closed Thread