All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 500
Second?

Old
05-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

We goin' ta Walmart was a tad inappropriate for a thread title so you toned it down by doing a cherry poppin' edition? Haha. Lovely.

Old
05-24-2011, 09:40 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
We goin' ta Walmart was a tad inappropriate for a thread title so you toned it down by doing a cherry poppin' edition? Haha. Lovely.
Well Walmart is evil and popping a cherry is...well I guess that might be evil too depending on age and situation.

Old
05-24-2011, 10:50 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
walmart trumps cherry popping in the evil department.
any of you been in the University Ave Walmart? *shudder*

Old
05-24-2011, 11:35 PM
CT*
WOLF GANG

Any time I go to a Walmart I feel super uncomfortable, it seems like every time I go into one I'm the only normal person there.

Old
05-24-2011, 11:46 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT View Post
Any time I go to a Walmart I feel super uncomfortable, it seems like every time I go into one I'm the only normal person there.
You and me both, that's why I try to avoid that place...

Old
05-24-2011, 11:46 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
walmart trumps cherry popping in the evil department.
any of you been in the University Ave Walmart? *shudder*
hahahahahahahahahah I have never been there but can only imagine

Old
05-24-2011, 11:47 PM
BuddyMcCormick

As long as we're on the subject of Walmart:
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?page_id=9798

Possibly NSFW. I will admit. I've spent more time at Girls in Yoga Pants.

Old
05-25-2011, 12:05 AM
CT*
WOLF GANG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
You and me both, that's why I try to avoid that place...
Whenever I go there is usually for video game related stuff, it seems like the one closest to me never has anyone in that department and they always have everything you could need.

Other then that I would never go there for anything else.

Old
05-25-2011, 01:30 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Agreed. I had the same feeling this weekend at a place in Michigan called Meijer's. In the first five minutes there were a couple mullets and a guy sniffing a toilet seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
hahahahahahahahahah I have never been there but can only imagine
If I haven't said so before (and even if I have), welcome!

Old
05-25-2011, 02:47 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Whenever I go there is usually for video game related stuff, it seems like the one closest to me never has anyone in that department and they always have everything you could need.

Other then that I would never go there for anything else.
I only go there if I have to buy something at like two in the morning, if Target is open I'd much rather go there.

Old
05-25-2011, 02:50 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Oh, yeah, no question. What with the headquarters in Minneapolis, the Targets in this state just beat the **** out of all the other big stores.

Old
05-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Fighting Saint

Glad to see there's a new Peanuts area at Valleyfair. Was pissed when MOA replaced Camp Snoopy with spongebob a few years ago.

Old
05-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

On Walmart, yes, very uncomfortable. They have great prices on meat though, so I need to make a run this weekend.

On TV's, I'm still loving my Insignia 37" or whatever size it is. Great picture quality, 1080p, and the universal remote they included actually is fantastic, replaced my Logitech Harmony and my All-In-One. Sometimes I wish the screen was bigger but then again my place is small.

Old
05-25-2011, 10:39 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

ha...my wife had to go to the University Walmart for a charity thing--they were helping underprivileged kids buy school stuff--and the cops came on the PA and announced that they had busted four people breaking into cars in the parking lot and please stop by the front desk if you discover one of them is yours so you could get your stuff back. This is 9:30 AM on a Wednesday. I was in there myself one holiday because it was the only place open and there was a chick in front of me buying like 7 packages of taupe drapes yelling that they were clearanced while the cashier was saying they rang up normal priced. And the guy behind me was wearing lipgloss and holding a pack of "male enhancement" pills. I just started laughing like a crazy person. Gotta blend in or get eaten alive! There's one in Fargo that's every bit as bad. Down south though...whoooeeee. there are some decentish ones but god damn...once they've completely taken over a city they just go to **** because no one has a choice anymore.

Old
05-25-2011, 10:39 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I have a 47 and a 42 Vizio LED TVs. Quite like them. Just tend to like Vizio in general. Usually watch Sams Club and they fluctuate in price. Fairly good TVs for the price compared to the top of the line stuff. At a certain point, a TV is just a TV and I can't really get myself to spend almost another grand on one.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
05-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

I bought a 42'' 720p Panasonic Viera 3 years ago for $999. Thought that was a great deal. Then the other day at target I saw 1080p 55'' even-flatter screen TVs for $699. Crazy. But good news when I decide to upgrade I guess.

Now onto my Walmart story. I have many of them, but this one is my most recent. I had been waiting in the checkout line for about twenty minutes with my girlfriend to buy just a few things. The family in front of us split up their cart into 8 separate orders because of the WIC Program. The (youngest) baby sitting in the cart was gnawing on a stick of beef jerky and sipping on Pepsi in his bottle. So my patience is a little stronger than my gal's. All pissed off she asked the cashier to open another lane (only 4 of the 50 or so were open and lines for all of them were curling around corners and spilling into the clothing section). After a few minutes a new cashier lolligagged on over to open the lane next to us, we started to go toward it, then our cart got rammed. I looked up to say WTF and saw it was a catlady with cheetah pattern zoubas, an oversized, acid washed cat shirt, and a scraggly mullet down to her butt. Before I could say a word she said, "MINE!" Then she hissed at us. Cashier saw it- acted normal. Dozens of customers saw it- acted like nothing unusual happened. "Um, let's get outta here hun." Felt like the* ***ing Twilight Zone.

Old
05-25-2011, 01:27 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Lol at that story.

The gal and I are thinking about going camping (with a tent) for a night or two. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to go other than lake superior - ish?

Old
05-25-2011, 01:40 PM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Lol at that story.

The gal and I are thinking about going camping (with a tent) for a night or two. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to go other than lake superior - ish?
Where's the general area that you live? Me and a few buddies stayed right outside of Taylor's Falls and that was a really nice camp site. The river is right next to it, although they suggest not going swimming in it. Due to under currents.

Old
05-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Surly Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
Where's the general area that you live? Me and a few buddies stayed right outside of Taylor's Falls and that was a really nice camp site. The river is right next to it, although they suggest not going swimming in it. Due to under currents.
O'Brien State ParK? Nice spot.

Quote:
One place a little off the beaten path is Nerestrand Woods State Park near Faribault/Northfield. Last sizable remnant of old-growth hardwood forest left in Minnesota.

Old
05-25-2011, 02:40 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

i was going to say Taylors falls. or Itasca. Was at Nerestrand once with inlaws and they ruined it for me

Old
05-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Huge news of the day: PK Subban now has Twitter.

Old
05-25-2011, 05:06 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I live in Inver Grove, but travel around Minnesota isn't the biggest deal. Both places sound interesting, I'll have to check them out. Can only go to the same places so many times in the last few years without getting bored with it. Also haven't tented it in a LONG time.

Thanks for the heads up. Is there a lot of places to walk/hike in both of these places? That's what we would likely be doing during the day. Small shops around the area would be a plus for the gal but not all that necessary. We were originally thinking Lanesboro but we've been there before so some place new interests us.

Old
05-25-2011, 05:09 PM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I live in Inver Grove, but travel around Minnesota isn't the biggest deal. Both places sound interesting, I'll have to check them out. Can only go to the same places so many times in the last few years without getting bored with it. Also haven't tented it in a LONG time.

Thanks for the heads up. Is there a lot of places to walk/hike in both of these places? That's what we would likely be doing during the day. Small shops around the area would be a plus for the gal but not all that necessary. We were originally thinking Lanesboro but we've been there before so some place new interests us.
There are a ton of hiking trails at O'Brien. Plus now the the trees are blooming it's gorgeous walking along the bluffs of the ... St. Croix? Plus Taylor's Falls isn't a huge city so I'm sure there a good assortment of small shops that would only be a few minutes away.

Closed Thread