HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hejduk signs 5 year deal !!!!

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2005, 04:39 AM
Colorado Avalanche

vCash: 500
4 million for duke??? Hey guys this is awesome... This is awesome awesome awesome

Hejduk thank you! very fair deal for Avalanche..

Old
08-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Kurtangletn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12# Peter Bondra
Everybody criticizes the big team GM's screwed the FA market and yet, CBS signed Nash to a bad contract whilst PL signed Hejduk cheaply.

Shows really that the big teams arent the only ones to blame.

With this Nash signing OTT is in a BAD position (Hossa and Havlat RFA's).
Nicely said

Old
08-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
The only thing I'm wondering about, is did PL swindle him, or is he really that dedicated to the Avs?
I think Milan knows he could have gotten up to $5M elsewhere but exchanged some $$ for term and security which is great. I know that he loves Colorado and I'm glad he'll be with us for at least the next 5 seasons. As far as Lacroix swindling him...I'm not sure you can use that term when at the end of his contract he'll have accumulated almost $20 Million Dollars. You can maybe say "below market value" but "swindle" may not be the appropriate term in this case

Old
08-09-2005, 03:45 AM
fcbarcelona

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...988105,00.html

"I had a $4.3 (million) qualifying offer," he said in a conference call Monday from the Czech Republic. "So basically I had two options - take the offer and next year become an unrestricted free agent, but I decided to stay in Denver and give Pierre a little bit of a break these first two years so they can basically sign some other guys.

"I just want to be in Denver, playing for the Avalanche. It's just a great place to be. Me and my wife and kids, we are so happy to be there. So why not sign a five-year deal there?"

I'm astonished he would do this for the Avalanche. I love this guy and I regret advocating the Avs trade him to make room for Peter or Foote. I figured he'd be looking for a big pay day after this season, this making it logical for me to have him traded. Clearly, it was in Colorado's best interest to keep this guy around. If I ever see this guy, I will bow and touch his feet (as a sign of respect) for what he's done.

Old
08-09-2005, 05:41 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender
I think Milan knows he could have gotten up to $5M elsewhere but exchanged some $$ for term and security which is great. I know that he loves Colorado and I'm glad he'll be with us for at least the next 5 seasons. As far as Lacroix swindling him...I'm not sure you can use that term when at the end of his contract he'll have accumulated almost $20 Million Dollars. You can maybe say "below market value" but "swindle" may not be the appropriate term in this case
I used the word swindle, kind of tongue in cheek. (sp?) My main point, was I'm surprised he would take a paycut like that to remain in Denver, when there's no guarantee PL won't trade him in the future, if the right deal comes along, unless he got a no trade clause, and we didn't hear about it. Most likely he won't, but it's a slight risk, and the fact that he took that risk, earns him even more respect in my book.

Old
08-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Colorado Avalanche

After seeing nash getting 5,5 thornton 6,6 and Lecavalier 6,8+ i have to say THANK YOU MILAN HEJDUK! THANK YOU!!

Old
08-16-2005, 05:50 PM
RMH

Milan Hejduk will be the Captain of the Avalanche when Joe retires.

Old
08-16-2005, 06:40 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMH
Milan Hejduk will be the Captain of the Avalanche when Joe retires.
He's as quiet as a mouse... I doubt it.

Old
08-16-2005, 06:45 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
He's as quiet as a mouse... I doubt it.
You paid attention to our current captian?

Old
08-16-2005, 06:47 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
You paid attention to our current captian?
Joe definitely talks more than Milan... no question about it.

Sakic's not as quiet as people think... he's no Adam Foote, Dan Hinote or Steve Konowalchuk, but he's not quiet.

Old
08-17-2005, 10:25 AM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Joe definitely talks more than Milan... no question about it.

Sakic's not as quiet as people think... he's no Adam Foote, Dan Hinote or Steve Konowalchuk, but he's not quiet.
Milan is too quiet and not a leader, I agree on this thing.

Old
08-19-2005, 04:24 PM
RMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12# Peter Bondra
Milan is too quiet and not a leader, I agree on this thing.
I am thinking that some time out of Forsberg's shadow, combined with the long-term deal, make it at least possible. In 2-3 years when Sakic retires (unless he's planning on playing past 40), Milan could be one of the last "core" guys left by then. And our penchant for changing about 8 players a year, our veterans being closer to retirement by then, and Lacroix's trading, he might be the only person the Avs fans even recognize, unless you were paying attention to the draft this year.

There was something about the way he said he wanted to "give Pierre and the team a break" the first couple of years made me wonder. Why not mention that a couple of weeks earlier? The extra $400-800k he did not take could have helped keep another player we already had, rather than getting a new one. It might not of, either, who knows?

Anyway I'm just glad we have him for quite awhile. I would like to know if he has a no-trade clause or not, though.

Old
08-19-2005, 04:46 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Interesting to note that the 400k the avs saved from his QO is almost enough to pay Liles.

Old
08-19-2005, 04:53 PM
RMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
Interesting to note that the 400k the avs saved from his QO is almost enough to pay Liles.
That's true, but I thought we already had him factored in at that point? And the article seemed to tie it to the Brunette signing that came a few hours later. Well, I won't ramble on about it...

Closed Thread