HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If you were keenen at this point and time what would u do

Closed Thread

Old
08-19-2005, 02:51 PM
PanthersFanatic12

vCash: 500
If you were keenen at this point and time what would u do

if u were keenen right now, how would u go about signing our top 4 like luongo, van ryn, jokien, bouwmeester. how much would u pay them n how many years ( keep in mind the cap and wiggle room ull need for injuries, trade deadline, and next season). also what trades if any would u make.

Luongo :i would sign luongo to a 5 years 25 million dollar contract( 5 mil per year), with a bonus stipulation if the team make the playoffs. which would entail 1 mill added to his pay each time the team makes the playoff in those 5 years

Van ryn: Id sign him to a 3 year contract worth 7 mil ( 2.3 per year).

Jokien: id sign him to a 3 year contract worth 10.5 mil ( 3.5 per year). with an extra 500,000 preformence bonus each year that he scores over 30 goals.

bouwmeester; id sign him to a 3 year contract worth 7.5 mil ( 2.5 per year). with proformence bonus of 500, 000 each year that he leads the florida defense in scoring

total for this season on these for 13.3 mil. add that to the 16 something milion we spent already , it comes to roughly 29 million something , close to 30 mil

no trades for this season, maybe do a trade at the trade deadline.

Old
08-19-2005, 03:18 PM
justapantherfan

shoot myself!

Old
08-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Thewbacca

Send a message via AIM to Thewbacca Send a message via MSN to Thewbacca
hang myself!...then shoot myself!

Old
08-19-2005, 03:40 PM
Dropkick Alex

Isn't 2.3 a little bit overpayment on Van Ryn?

Old
08-19-2005, 05:00 PM
patastrophe

Send a message via Yahoo to patastrophe
correct me if im wrong but arent the only entry level players allowed bonuses in their contracts, you know, the first three year contract.

i thought that was part of the new cba

what i would do is sign luongo 5-25 mil, olli 3 years 9 mil, van ryn 2 years 4 mil, and jbo 2 years 1.5 mil.

everyone knows whats up with luongo, overpaying in the first year or two of the contract in order to lock him up long term is worth it IMO. no one wants to saddle themselves with a big long term contract, but if theres a position that its worth it to do it its at goaltender (see: chicago). olli has proven he's not a fluke and deserves first line money, but not superstar money. van ryn has also proven that his hot season in st. louis wasnt a fluke and deserves some top four money as well, but again, NOT superstar money. sorry jbo, got to win some hardware for us, not just canada and THEN you can cash in.

doing this would add 11.5 mil to the payroll for the year putting us right around the 30 mil mark. not too bad considering what were paying for in terms of production/potential. realistically, i think if we sign our own players, along with what we picked up on the free agent market we got a pretty solid team. far from a great team, but definitely one that can compete as long as they stay healthy and follow martin's system.

Old
08-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Brouke

Send a message via AIM to Brouke Send a message via Yahoo to Brouke
5 years for Luongo? Are we hiring him as our goalie or marrying the guy? Five years for an athlete is crazy. I think because we have had so little to hang our hat on that we have made Luongo out to be something he is not. He is one of the top goalies in the league. He may be the top goalie this season. But we don't need to risk this franchises future for any one player.

His value? We are said to be going with a payroll that is 77% of the cap max. So by the same thinking, if the max. one player can receive is 20% then I say our maximum is 15%(77% of the 20% max.). $4.5M / 3 years. If our payroll increases I'd be wiling to adjust his salary on a sliding scale taking him up to $5M per season assuming he is healthy and meeting certain very attainable goals.

Martin Brodeur is making $5.24M and paying a lot more in tax.

$4.5M/3 years is a very fair offer.

Old
08-19-2005, 06:56 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Remove Cohen from sphincter?

Old
08-19-2005, 08:00 PM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

Pat myself on the back for the good job i've done

Take fax machine classes

Have a Keenan Day at the ODC where Mike Keenan, Keenan Ivory Wayans & Kenan from Kenan & Kel have a fun time being Keenans

Closed Thread