HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My new car!

Old
05-24-2011, 01:25 AM
ShotDownCrosby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
I've only driven manual myself as well. Every time I drive someones automatic, I keep pushing in the non existent clutch.
I do the EXACT same thing... once I pushed the break, and was like --- whoops, no clutch!

And as for cars...

I wish!!! (dream car)

ShotDownCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 04:04 AM
tarrin8

i guess a civic is alright if your looking for fuel efficiency but i like my 1999 dodge dakota 5.2L 5 speed and it hauls ass and im currently looking for a 70s muscle car anything like a camaro to mustang to duster but it must have a V8 and be manual.... i just like fast loud cars! plus the 60/70s muscle cars looked amazing as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
I've only driven manual myself as well. Every time I drive someones automatic, I keep pushing in the non existent clutch.
ya i did that a few times when i drove my dads truck , ive owned 3 vehicles 1 car 2 trucks and all manual, its just way more fun to drive !

Last edited by tarrin8: 05-24-2011 at 04:09 AM.
tarrin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 07:33 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
I drive this to the grocery store:

And this to the club:

I would guess that I am richer (better) than most of you. But I have earned it, so I have no problems talking about it.
You're a funny man/woman/whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrin8 View Post
i guess a civic is alright if your looking for fuel efficiency but i like my 1999 dodge dakota 5.2L 5 speed and it hauls ass and im currently looking for a 70s muscle car anything like a camaro to mustang to duster but it must have a V8 and be manual.... i just like fast loud cars! plus the 60/70s muscle cars looked amazing as well!

ya i did that a few times when i drove my dads truck , ive owned 3 vehicles 1 car 2 trucks and all manual, its just way more fun to drive !
Can't help you with 'fast', but if its loud you're looking for, my Pontiac that I'm driving until I pick up my new car is quite the noisebox at the moment, but that's only because it's muffler is pretty well vapour now. LOL

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 10:00 AM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
My 2 whips..

Ahh, a Bimmer fan...very nice. No bad ride wherever you go with these two teutonic machines.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 10:02 AM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGal View Post
Haha, not that impressive! Just growing up with boys! But thanks! My dad taught me well!
I worked all through high school at a Shell Rapid Lube, loved to get my hands on cars, even though a lot of it was minor stuff, I am a junkie of the highest order. The chances of my wife topping up the washer fluid reservoir are slim to none!

Old
05-24-2011, 10:11 AM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrin8 View Post

I had it big for the 68 Camaro. Gorgeous car and it was almost my first car...crazy to think that when I was looking at it, it was only 20 years old! May I interest you in the new Mustang GT? I love Mustangs, and have had two, an 05 already in this thread and a 99 GT. Both great cars but the new ones have the refinement that the old can't even contemplate. but I understand the attraction. I was a guy at night, after going out to the Market we would cruise, race until 4am.

great times, great times and no one, thankfully every got hurt. Remember when they finished building west Hunt Club Road and we all called it Hockenheim, after the famed F1 track in Germany because it was super high speed cutting through the forest. Hitting 200 back then on those roads was crazy, sort of, but I won't pretend I didn't do it and wouldn't advise my kids to do it either.

Old
05-24-2011, 11:20 AM
ShotDownCrosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
I worked all through high school at a Shell Rapid Lube, loved to get my hands on cars, even though a lot of it was minor stuff, I am a junkie of the highest order. The chances of my wife topping up the washer fluid reservoir are slim to none!
Haha, true. And topping off windshield washer fluid is SO easy.

Honestly, I drive so much, I need to know alittle about cars. The other week, on my way to work, I got a flat, and well... when I got to work, people were like, so CAA came quickly to help??? I think people assume every girl is useless.

I have had to call my dad twice though -- once was my first flat I got when I was 17 (which is the day I learned how to change a tire). Then, my fan belt lit on fire on the highway. And I`m not THAT good.

ShotDownCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 04:13 PM
tarrin8

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Can't help you with 'fast', but if its loud you're looking for, my Pontiac that I'm driving until I pick up my new car is quite the noisebox at the moment, but that's only because it's muffler is pretty well vapour now. LOL
i mean the nice sounding loud like a 350 with headers and none of that emissions crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
I had it big for the 68 Camaro. Gorgeous car and it was almost my first car...crazy to think that when I was looking at it, it was only 20 years old! May I interest you in the new Mustang GT? I love Mustangs, and have had two, an 05 already in this thread and a 99 GT. Both great cars but the new ones have the refinement that the old can't even contemplate. but I understand the attraction. I was a guy at night, after going out to the Market we would cruise, race until 4am.

great times, great times and no one, thankfully every got hurt. Remember when they finished building west Hunt Club Road and we all called it Hockenheim, after the famed F1 track in Germany because it was super high speed cutting through the forest. Hitting 200 back then on those roads was crazy, sort of, but I won't pretend I didn't do it and wouldn't advise my kids to do it either.
man a 68 camaro would be nice but there out of my price range, but i will not buy a newer mustang there just too many of them around , but i am looking at a 69 and 73 mustang right now both running good with little to no rust but the both need new paint and only have a 302 and are auto ... so im waiting to see what else pops up ...hopefully a duster/demon with a 340 and 4 speed..

Last edited by tarrin8: 05-24-2011 at 04:21 PM.
tarrin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 09:41 PM
coladin

Canadian Tire, Saturday night...late, Carling/woodroffe. Lots of dragsters and races to watch, man good times!

Old
05-25-2011, 02:00 AM
Savannah Skunk

After returning from the banana plantation, I sold cars for four years. I now work as the financial services manager for a Chrysler dealership in Victoria B.C. I see hundreds - thousands of people come and go each year enjoying that euphoria of buying their first car. Each time, it is special for me.

All the manufacturers have come a long way in producing quality, technology driven, fuel economic, innovative, modern vehicles. They all have to compete with the same intelligent, internet savvy, educated buyer that characterizes today's shopper. The domestic brands are now just as good (if not better) than many Asian brands. The beautiful thing about the car industry is that there is an opinion on which is a better car for each make and model. Diversity is a wonderful thing.

Congrats on your first NEW car. Its a great feeling! Love it, cherish it, SERVICE THE **** out of it. I firmly believe in car karma. The better you treat your ride, the better it will treat you.

Im 35 too, I drive any Chrysler, Jeep, or Dodge product I want, but I have never bought my own brand NEW car before. Congrats!

Savannah Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 02:07 AM
Savannah Skunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewandyandrew View Post
auto its supposed to get better mpg then the manual
Car manufacturers are now making such sophisticated automatic transmissions that they are indeed getting BETTER fuel economy than manual transmissions. However, I will happily a bit more at the pump in order to DRIVE my car. Case in point is the Ford Fiesta and the Honda Civic. Watch this trend continue to gain momentum.

Its a bit thirsty, but I really love driving my six-speed manual transmission Rubicon with the dual top group! Summer is here baby!

Savannah Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 09:29 AM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah Skunk View Post
Car manufacturers are now making such sophisticated automatic transmissions that they are indeed getting BETTER fuel economy than manual transmissions. However, I will happily a bit more at the pump in order to DRIVE my car. Case in point is the Ford Fiesta and the Honda Civic. Watch this trend continue to gain momentum.

Its a bit thirsty, but I really love driving my six-speed manual transmission Rubicon with the dual top group! Summer is here baby!
Same here. I will pay Ultra 94 and DRIVE my car because for me, I don't have many vices other than cars, when I get in my car first thing in the morning on the way to work, or at then end of the day, it is therapeutic. Makes me happy! Of course, getting 13mpg on Ultra isn't great, but there is nothing like a V8 at wide open throttle that sound slike Thor's hammer hitting the road!