HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Boyle ?

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Habs33

vCash: 500
Brian Boyle ?

Brian Boyle drafted in 1st round in 2003 by LA.

what is your take on him, will he crack lineup next year? what's his career potential?

Old
08-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs33
Brian Boyle drafted in 1st round in 2003 by LA.

what is your take on him, will he crack lineup next year? what's his career potential?
He has still 2 more years of College he had a much better season than his Freshman year.
He could be anywhere from a first line to fourth liner at this point. But if he can build on last year first or second line is very possible

Old
08-18-2005, 04:27 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
I think he is highly underrated by us and i believe he will in 2-3 years be our #1 center i could see him being able to crack the line up next year if he further develops but knowing the Kings either way they will probably give him one year in the AHL. So ya i dont think he will make the lineup next year but should soon and i believe he will be one of the best players on our team if we go with youth and nothing happens how i see our team in the next 3 years:
Tambs - Boyle - Brown (The 2003 line)
Frolov - Kopitar - Tukonen (That would probably be first line but huge line)
Camms - Lehoux - Pushkarev (Dont know if any 3 of them can play LW one has to)
Karlsson - Avery - Kanko (Should piss people off and shut down the opponent - Avery and Kanko can score here and there too)

Old
08-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
I think he is highly underrated by us and i believe he will in 2-3 years be our #1 center i could see him being able to crack the line up next year if he further develops but knowing the Kings either way they will probably give him one year in the AHL. So ya i dont think he will make the lineup next year but should soon and i believe he will be one of the best players on our team if we go with youth and nothing happens how i see our team in the next 3 years:
???? - Lehoux - Camms
Karlsson - Avery - Kanko
You are assuming alot if you think Lehoux is coming back.

Old
08-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
Karlsson - Avery - Kanko (Should piss people off and shut down the opponent - Avery and Kanko can score here and there too)
I like Boyle's upside a lot, but I can't see him being a better overall player than Kopitar. Kopitar seemingly has the most upside of any King prospect. Kopitar is 3 years younger than Boyle and ahead of him in many areas already.

Old
08-18-2005, 04:45 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond
I like Boyle's upside a lot, but I can't see him being a better overall player than Kopitar. Kopitar seemingly has the most upside of any King prospect. Kopitar is 3 years younger than Boyle and ahead of him in many areas already.
agreed, even if boyle reaches his highest potential, i duno if he'll ever be better then kopitar.

Old
08-18-2005, 05:03 PM
T2M

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
agreed, even if boyle reaches his highest potential, i duno if he'll ever be better then kopitar.
Which means that I'm happy with our future prospectus at center.

Old
08-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Creeping Death

Ive watched Boyle play maybe a dozen times in his first 2 college seasons, and Im still not all that impressed with him. He is still a long way away, and IMO, may not be a regular contributor. He needs to use his body more.

Old
08-18-2005, 11:38 PM
Habs33

Quote:
I believe Camms is a center and will be in the lineup this year. probably#2. is camms a offensive forward or a defensive one. IMO he will be #1 center over kopitar and captain if the team.

what's your roster like this year?

Old
08-19-2005, 12:24 AM
AnThGrt

Ok to people complaining about my roster read the comments i wrote.... I wrote the second line would probably be the first line or is meaning Kopitar would be our #1 center out of anyone here i think highest of him like him more then any player on our team but Frolov as of right now. To Camms playing center he played wing always for AM plus as i wrote i dont know who can play LW on that line so i just put those players together // These liens i made were semi of what i'd like to see but also just players put on no need to take it serious

Old
08-19-2005, 12:29 AM
AnThGrt

Quote:
I believe Camms is a center and will be in the lineup this year. probably#2. is camms a offensive forward or a defensive one. IMO he will be #1 center over kopitar and captain if the team.

Camms is good but isn't a Captain nor better then Kopitar. That being said he is highly underrated by our team and i find it sickening how everyone wants to trade him and first round picks for @#$% returns.... As for Camms being a center as i stated above Andy Murray always played him as a wing Camms is to short to be NHL center. - My lines for this year
Frolov - *Demitra or Conroy* - Roenick (This is just one hell of a line)
Brown - *Conroy or Demitra* - Camms (Once again keep Camms and Brown on the same line)
Luc - Ebelanger/Armstrong - Bure (Bure may move up to 2nd line but i want him to prove himself first)
Flinn/Cowan - Avery - Kostopulous (Rather have Flinn there but doubt he will be there either way one hell of a shut down line)
*= Interchangeable (Demitra would probably be better playing with the young ones could help them more but with Demitra on the first line it would make one hell of a line question is how Conroy would do with Camms and Brown)

Old
08-19-2005, 12:54 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:

With Cammalleri's size, he'll more likely be moved to the wing from the Center... and he's not a defensive liability, but I'd classify him as an offensive forward.

As for Boyle, he has a lot of upside. He wasn't performing up to the coach's expectations early last year, and the coach finally challenged him and told him to decide whether or not he wanted to be a hockey player. He chose to be one, and had a very impressive second half. He was also the Hockey East MVP for the playoffs.

As KJ said, he's only a Junior next year. So we won't expect him to crack the line-up for at LEAST another two years. Even then, I'd expect a year of Manchester out of him before we saw him in a Kings uniform.

Because of his size, I think he has the highest upside out of all the Kings' prospects. However, I think Kopitar will pan out to be a better Center, because Boyle's likelihood to reach his upside is less likely. Take my opinion with a grain of salt, though, because I've only listened to about three or four BC games on the web, and only seen about 4 of Kopitar's WC games.

Old
08-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Habs33

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn
With Cammalleri's size, he'll more likely be moved to the wing from the Center... and he's not a defensive liability, but I'd classify him as an offensive forward.

As for Boyle, he has a lot of upside. He wasn't performing up to the coach's expectations early last year, and the coach finally challenged him and told him to decide whether or not he wanted to be a hockey player. He chose to be one, and had a very impressive second half. He was also the Hockey East MVP for the playoffs.

As KJ said, he's only a Junior next year. So we won't expect him to crack the line-up for at LEAST another two years. Even then, I'd expect a year of Manchester out of him before we saw him in a Kings uniform.

Because of his size, I think he has the highest upside out of all the Kings' prospects. However, I think Kopitar will pan out to be a better Center, because Boyle's likelihood to reach his upside is less likely. Take my opinion with a grain of salt, though, because I've only listened to about three or four BC games on the web, and only seen about 4 of Kopitar's WC games.
thx this is much appreciated.

Closed Thread