HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Gary Carter diagnosed with four brain tumors

Old
05-21-2011, 07:31 PM
kytem2

vCash: 500
OT: Gary Carter diagnosed with four brain tumors

i am a Bruin fan, but also a HUGE Expo fan, godspeed, Gary.

http://eye-on-baseball.blogs.cbsspor...97882/29469655

Gary Carter was diagnosed with four brain tumors earlier on Saturday, as he revealed in a statement through the New York Mets.

kytem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 07:34 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Thanks. Wish him well. Hopefully, they aren't gliomas.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 07:51 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Ugh. Good luck the Kid.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 09:26 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Damn

Wishing him the best of luck

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Awful news. Good luck, Gary!

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Terrible, terrible news. Good luck Gary, we know you can beat this!

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 09:47 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Good luck kid.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 09:49 PM
nnynetpotato

Crap.

C'mon,8. Block the plate and tag out that ****.

Prayers to him and his family.

nnynetpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 10:32 PM
phil76

wish him the best...i was diagnose with a brain tumor last summer as well and it turned out it is benign. i didnt need a surgery.. the will monitor it once or twice a year...i can relate what hes going through. best of luck to you gary...

phil76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 03:37 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

My thoughts and prayers are with "The Kid".

05-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Terrible news. Hang in there Gary

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 07:52 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

One of my favorite ball players from my youth. Back in the '70s

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 03:21 PM
habsjunkie2*

My uncle was diagnosed with a brain tumor on his Pituitary Gland, turns out it's benign and caused by excessive amounts of the hormone prolactin. With medication to keep the hormone in check, symptoms have subsided and everyday life is near the same as everyone else's.

Good luck Gary.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Belso

4!? Good luck to him.. ****ing cancer!!!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Lafleurs Guy

This is horrible news. Hopefully the Kid can pull through. I'll be rooting for you Gary.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:32 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
The Kid... WOW(sigh)

This town deserves some good news when it comes to baseball lately! You know for a change.

Gary is tough, though....but thoughts are with him.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 02:11 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

http://hubpages.com/hub/Scientists_c...e_takes_notice

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
Not a day passes without me thinking how we live in a ****ed up world.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 01:17 PM
neofury*

Quote:
I'd say something but all the tools around here would just say I'm wearing a tin foil hat because my eyes aren't glued shut.

Unfortunately that's how it works. Ignorance spreads like a plague and if you don't conform to it you get told to take off the tin foil hat.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 01:55 PM
habsjunkie2*

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 02:16 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Not a day passes without me thinking how we live in a ****ed up world.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21557214

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21499304

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21403907

And there's a plenty of other, those are the 3 first that came in pubmed. Those 3 were published this year. So, it's not like it's not something that's not investigated at all. In fact, it's being investigated VERY closely.

Some people just like to think that there's propaganda and this stuff just go unnoticed. In the case, it's not being unnoticed at all. Stop making weird assumptions and look it up before saying things like this.

While it's true that pharmaceuticals companies can't patent this stuff, who the **** cares? If it cures cancer, it'll be an available treatment when it's proven effective.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 02:36 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21557214

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21499304

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21403907

And there's a plenty of other, those are the 3 first that came in pubmed. Those 3 were published this year. So, it's not like it's not something that's not investigated at all. In fact, it's being investigated VERY closely.

Some people just like to think that there's propaganda and this stuff just go unnoticed. In the case, it's not being unnoticed at all. Stop making weird assumptions and look it up before saying things like this.

While it's true that pharmaceuticals companies can't patent this stuff, who the **** cares? If it cures cancer, it'll be an available treatment when it's proven effective.
I think you're missing the point. The pharmaceutical companies care. Because they can't make money off of it and make a ton off of cancer treatment in general.

Plus it isn't about looking into it, an article was posted and in said article they're saying it's being slept on. Nobody here said that the article was 100% true but let's face it, if it's a cure for cancer why is this the first I'm hearing about it, same for about 99% of people who would read this article.

If you think it's a bs cure and not a cure fair enough, but if you actually think it is a cure and it's just a coincidence that barely anyone has heard anything about it you're naive. Any time in the past companies have come up with new treatments that will fight cancer (ones that are patented) they've been heavily publicized.

I guess it's all just a fluke though right? That and lobbyists don't exist and politicians and the government aren't under any pressure to appease the people that practically financially run their country.

Posting three links from the same site, yeah that's some real publicity this cure for cancer is getting.

/insertglueintoeyesandears
/lalalalallalalalalalalalalalalala

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 02:50 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I think you're missing the point. The pharmaceutical companies care. Because they can't make money off of it and make a ton off of cancer treatment in general.

Plus it isn't about looking into it, an article was posted and in said article they're saying it's being slept on. Nobody here said that the article was 100% true but let's face it, if it's a cure for cancer why is this the first I'm hearing about it, same for about 99% of people who would read this article.

If you think it's a bs cure and not a cure fair enough, but if you actually think it is a cure and it's just a coincidence that barely anyone has heard anything about it you're naive. Any time in the past companies have come up with new treatments that will fight cancer (ones that are patented) they've been heavily publicized.

I guess it's all just a fluke though right? That and lobbyists don't exist and politicians and the government aren't under any pressure to appease the people that practically financially run their country.

Posting three links from the same site, yeah that's some real publicity this cure for cancer is getting.

wow, here goes your credibility... haha

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 04:07 PM
BigFatPapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post

You do realize that this "site" is actually the #1 database for scientific articles in related in any way to healthcare? That the three quoted articles are from very respectable journals (International journal of cancer, Oncogene and Journal of biomedicine and biotechnologies)?

About the original article, it originally came out in 2007 and back then, there had only been tests of DCA on cell cultures. Also, it has been shown in animal studies that DCA is associated with neurotoxicity. I haven't read anything about it recently, but when the original article came out, it was far from the magical anti-cancer treatment and the fact that there is so much active research on it right now is very promising, but even with financial support from private companies, don't expect it to come out in the next 5 years or so because research takes a lot of time and resources.

Anyways, just keep in mind that while the big bad pharmaceutical companies aren't angels, the press that strives to give them a bad image can easily be guilty of sensationalism, like the article previously posted.

One more thing: because you haven't heard about it doesn't mean that no one has heard about it.

BigFatPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Neely08

God that's awful.

Hang tough, Gary.

Neely08 is online now   Reply With Quote