HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

No Local TV For Monday Night Games!!!

Closed Thread

Old
08-19-2005, 12:31 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

vCash: 500
alrite, i'm am pretty clueless about how cable TV is these days...i cancelled my subscription when hockey ended and i knew the strike would take awhile....

but does Direct TV carry the OLN? Is it a new network, b/c i dont remember seeing it before

...i just noticed on its website that its channel 151 for Dish Network...does the monthly 45$ package include that channel?

Old
08-19-2005, 12:35 PM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
alrite, i'm am pretty clueless about how cable TV is these days...i cancelled my subscription when hockey ended and i knew the strike would take awhile....

but does Direct TV carry the OLN? Is it a new network, b/c i dont remember seeing it before
Direct TV has OLN. For cable folks, Adelphia carries OLN on the digital network (that requires the box).

Old
08-19-2005, 12:40 PM
Face Wash

For DirecTV you have to buy the Sports Package An extra $12/month unless you have other packages, then they discount each package you buy.

Old
08-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
For DirecTV you have to buy the Sports Package An extra $12/month unless you have other packages, then they discount each package you buy.
Actually OLN is a part of the basic package, no sports pack needed. It IS in the channel range of the regional FSN's, MSG, etc. (ch. 608) but it's included. I don't have any sports pack and I can see it right now.

Old
08-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
Actually OLN is a part of the basic package, no sports pack needed. It IS in the channel range of the regional FSN's, MSG, etc. (ch. 608) but it's included. I don't have any sports pack and I can see it right now.

Actually, you're right. I don't think it used to be a standard programming feature, I think they must have changed that. But, OLN is on standard DirecTV. No extra purchase needed.

Old
08-19-2005, 03:11 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws
We may be panicking prematurely. I have NOT confirmed that this story is actually posted on variety.com, since it is a subscription site:
It's not a subscriber article. Here it is:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

"The only exclusivity OLN will get this season for the 58 regular-season games it carries every Monday and Tuesday night is with the contests being covered by the network.

If OLN has New York vs. Boston, for example, the regional sports networks in those cities will not be allowed to carry the games. But any other non-OLN games being played on Monday and Tuesday will get carriage as usual on the sports regionals."

Old
08-19-2005, 03:25 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

a game on the radio is nice every now and then.

Old
08-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Brodie562

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser
a game on the radio is nice every now and then.
not when ive missed out on watching Kings hockey for a year. this sucks

Old
08-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Osprey

No need to panic, people. It's really premature.

I think that Stewart, the LA Times writer, misunderstood and confused 06-07's exclusivity with 05-06. Yes, the "plan is to make Monday nights exclusive to OLN"... in 06-07 (a "plan" is, afterall, something which you'll work toward in the future). In 06-07, only one game in the entire NHL will be played on Monday nights, and that one game will be on OLN.

Also, it was mentioned that Bettman's quotes came from a conference call. This call was obviously not exclusively with Stewart, but likely with many other beat writers from other cities, all working on stories for release this morning (such as the Variety article). We haven't heard of any of those other stories saying what the LA Times is saying, further suggesting that they understood Bettman and Stewart didn't. Let's wait at least a few days before panicking. I wouldn't be surprised if the LA Times has to "correct" itself in the Sat or Sun papers.

Closed Thread