HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Arrested Development ...

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2005, 11:30 PM
DJ Spinoza

vCash: 500
I actually rented Curb Your Enthusiasm disc one at Blockbuster last week because I got it for free. It's fairly decent, but AD is way better.

My friend always reccomended that I watch Arrested Development, since we both have been huge fans of Scrubs since its first season. AD kind of has the same feel to it as Scrubs almost, except it's an our an out comedy whereas Scrubs incorporates drama.

I've been trying to watch the Season 2 reruns as much as I can, because I could never have watched them Sundays anyways. I've only seen about half of them though, so I guess I'll be following the series on DVD for a while. I'm glad it is moving to Monday, since I should be off that day. Should being the key word, since for now I am screwed working dish shifts (never, ever get a job as a dishwasher at a restaurant)

I think Gob is my favorite character on AD. At least, I think I've busted out laughing at him the most. I was watching this one last Friday where he was sort of dating Lucille 2 and him and Buster ended up getting in a fight over her at the end. I think it might have been the funniest one I've ever seen.

Old
08-14-2005, 11:49 PM
zoidberg

I think my favorite scene in the show has to be when Tobias shoots Lindsay (his wife), thinking she's a wolf, and then Rob Courdry puts her on the Barry Zuckercorn bench and the wolf comes. It's hilarious. Oh man is that an amazing show, I've seen all the episodes more than once. My favorite episode though is Pier Pressure. Hot cops = hilarious.

Old
08-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Freezerburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoidberg
My favorite episode though is Pier Pressure. Hot cops = hilarious.
Nice choice. I'd say that is my favourite as well, I can watch it over and over again without it losing any of the hilarity. Another good season 1 episode is "Top Banana".

I have never seen an episode the I haven't enjoyed and laughed at.

Old
08-16-2005, 04:16 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
OMG that part where Gob goes "Well Franklin we can finally go to the club for lunch" part was GENIUS

Old
08-16-2005, 04:33 AM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezerburn
Nice choice. I'd say that is my favourite as well, I can watch it over and over again without it losing any of the hilarity. Another good season 1 episode is "Top Banana".

I have never seen an episode the I haven't enjoyed and laughed at.
If Top Banana has his brother in a Banana suit (forgive me for not knowing the names) then yes, that one is absolutely hilarious.

"Maybe I'll put it in her brownie!"

Old
08-19-2005, 08:11 PM
acr*

They're playing some of the episodes with Franklin tonight.

My favorite episode is definitely Pier Pressure just because of J. Walter Weatherman. "AND THAT'S WHY YOU ALWAYS LEAVE A NOTE!"

My two other favorites from season one are the Pilot and Storming the Castle(where my avatar comes from)

Old
08-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
One of my favorite TV quotes is from Maeby and Michael.

Maebe: Do you guys know where I could get one of those gold T-shaped pendants?
Michael: That's a cross.
Maebe: Across from where?

Everytime I see a Cross somewhere and Im with someone I always ask what that "T" thing is now.

Narrator: Last year, Tobias produced a video tape. But its brief success was due to its misleading name.
[shows "Families with Low Self Esteem" next to "Girls With Low Self Esteem"]
Narrator: Once this flaw was discovered, all but ten of the tapes were returned.

Narrator: George Michael was getting ready for school when he came across a box of love letters he'd written, but never sent, to his cousin Maeby. One letter, titled "If you weren't my cousin," was particularly incriminating.

Last edited by Going Back to Cally: 08-19-2005 at 09:57 PM.
Old
08-19-2005, 11:24 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

I cannot think of a pilot that sets the tone for a series better, therefore that is my favourite episode. The whole first season DVD though is very watcheable. I am on my second episode by episode viewing.

Old
08-20-2005, 01:23 AM
DJ Spinoza

I had never seen Franklin before tonight.

Also, Tobias jumping off the balcony like Mary Poppins was the funniest moment yet in the series for me. I am still laughing about it right now.

Closed Thread