HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXII (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
05-25-2011, 11:05 PM
habsrule22

vCash: 500
Rollie the Goalie is 7-0 in elimination games. Special teams will be big in game 7. It s gonna be sweet to see Neely take a fit if Ruins lose.

Old
05-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
Meh, everyone was throwing them, probably wasn't on purpose...although, mad respect if someone aimed for Krejci's head
Yeah I doubt anyone has that kind of aim.

Old
05-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
If MSL has the game he did tonight and Roloson doesn't suck balls again, I have faith in Boucher. I think Vinny can pick it up though. Although he's getting points, he needs to be the difference maker.

Dominic Moore...love the guy. Not upset that we have Halpern, but Moore is one hell of a player. Lucy trying to go with him...usual sad shtick.

The Dr. getting laid out by Ohlund was great. I wonder if he went to the bench to get examined by himself.

GO TAMPA!
Vinny did step up. He set up the first goal beautifully, it was all him. He told Purcell to readjust his positioning before taking the draw and come right behind him. He wins the faceoff clean, straight on Purcell's stick and in the net. Vinny won 61.5% of his draws tonight, that's huge.
He also was a big reason why St-Louis scored the second goal. He could have had a 3rd assist on the 3rd goal of TB as well as he sets up St-Louis in the slot which creates the whole chain of movement around the puck that leads to Stamkos scoring.
Vinny played well tonight. Most of the time he's up against Chara, it's only normal for him to have games where things are more difficult.

Old
05-26-2011, 12:21 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Vinny did step up. He set up the first goal beautifully, it was all him. He told Purcell to readjust his positioning before taking the draw and come right behind him. He wins the faceoff clean, straight on Purcell's stick and in the net. Vinny won 61.5% of his draws tonight, that's huge.
He also was a big reason why St-Louis scored the second goal. He could have had a 3rd assist on the 3rd goal of TB as well as he sets up St-Louis in the slot which creates the whole chain of movement around the puck that leads to Stamkos scoring.
Vinny played well tonight. Most of the time he's up against Chara, it's only normal for him to have games where things are more difficult.
All true, just saying, he's due to score. Either way a win will come on his back.

Old
05-26-2011, 06:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
Rollie the Goalie is 7-0 in elimination games. Special teams will be big in game 7. It s gonna be sweet to see Neely take a fit if Ruins lose.
Niemi had also never lost a series until Tuesday but we know how that turned out...

Roloson has been awful this series...4.33 GAA and .851%...if Boston wins he will be a big reason why. He looked terrible on the 2nd and 4th goals, even the 1st he was going down early.

Old
05-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Teufelsdreck

I can hardly wait until the renewed Habs PP meets the Bruins PK next season. Thomas would resemble a flopping flounder.

Old
05-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Protest the Hero

Thank god St. Louis decided to show up for this series, he's been invisible for the rest of it.

Roloson, wow. What exactly was he doing on that Krejci hat-trick goal.

Old
05-26-2011, 07:48 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Wow Boston's pp is really bad, they are so pathetic they kill their own 2 minutes passing the puck around

Roloson is the only question mark going into tomorrow, he hasn't look good at all in this series, I like the Bolts chances tomorrow and Boston is known for choking in games 7 at home!

Go Bolts!

Old
05-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Niemi had also never lost a series until Tuesday but we know how that turned out...

Roloson has been awful this series...4.33 GAA and .851%...if Boston wins he will be a big reason why. He looked terrible on the 2nd and 4th goals, even the 1st he was going down early.
I agree, Roloson really has a hard time. Smith has just been better, but out of respect I expect Boucher to puck Roloson back in net. I mean, he did play well vs the previous teams, but I don't know if it's just exhaustion or what but he's just not sharp at all anymore.

Good thing Thomas only starts playing in the 2nd minute of the game. It's ridiculous what he lets through in the first 2 minutes during the playoffs.

My worry for TB in game 7 is that refs tend to just stop calling any penalty (unless they're practically forced to) in game 7s in the 2nd-3rd period and/or OT. And 5v5 Bruins are the better team.

We'll see, but I really hope that I can stop seeing these sore losers just punching everyone whenever they lose, cross-checking people in the head and sucker-punching without ever having a real consequence.

And looking at the Bruins board is pretty hilarious. Bunch of people screaming that the refs stole the game, when they had more PP opportunities than TB and got away with some really obvious stuff...

Old
05-26-2011, 09:04 AM
MathMan

Quote:
If Roloson is even average, heck, if he's even merely below average, this series is done in 5. Tampa has absolutely *plowed* Boston everywhere but the crease.

I expected Tampa to be the better club, but I expected Boston to be more competitive than that. They've gotten outchanced at least three-to-two at evens in four out of six games, and three of them it was two-to-one!

Old
05-26-2011, 09:21 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Craig Button on TSN ripping Julien for blaming the officials in his PC at the end of the game..
lmfao. That's how you assure yourself losing a series practically. It's just a bad omen is what it is.

Old
05-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
lmfao. That's how you assure yourself losing a series practically. It's just a bad omen is what it is.
Meh, I bet Campbell will tell the refs to 'let the guys play' in the last game, i.e. don't call penalties at all or nearly. I honestly think that the NHL DOES NOT want a TB-Vancouver finals, which would kill their ratings. I don't think they will fix the game or anything, but since 'letting them play' is already fairly standard in a game 7, I'm sure they'll make sure that's what happens by selecting refs that are like that, it favors the Bruins.

Julien blaming the refs is a total joke though. You had more PP than the other team, and maybe they called some rather dubious penalties on the Bruins, but they also let a whole lot go uncalled (and the only PP goal the Bruins got was on a retarded call on TB as well).

The thing is that refs got in their standard 'make-up calls' mentality, they gave the Bruins a bunch of PPs which they didn't capitalize on, and then you KNOW they will balance it somehow. Happens in 95% of the cases.

Old
05-26-2011, 09:29 AM
gusfring

Last week I was curious as to what would happen first:

The rapture or the Bruins admitting a penalty against them was warranted. Still waiting.

Old
05-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
If Roloson is even average, heck, if he's even merely below average, this series is done in 5. Tampa has absolutely *plowed* Boston everywhere but the crease.

I expected Tampa to be the better club, but I expected Boston to be more competitive than that. They've gotten outchanced at least three-to-two at evens in four out of six games, and three of them it was two-to-one!
This was my thought before the series as well.
TB with Rolly playing well, would ease off Boston rather quickly. Some will say they were opportunistic versus us, I would say they were more lucky than opportunistic, they didn't outplay us, at all, and benefited from plenty of bounces. In any event, they beat us, but they were far from impressive.
In round 2, Laviolette completely lost it. The goalie issue in Philly made it extra easy, add in Pronger and Carter injured. I think Carolina that weren't even in would have done a better job than Philly.
This series, again, far from impressive. I will give them credit for making TB's defense look absolutely horrible at times, but if Rolly plays like he did versus Pittsburgh, this is already over. They got so man ugly and lucky goals it's gotta be a record.

The only way for them to win the cup is to have mother luck on their side, that's the only chance they have.

Old
05-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Wow Boston's pp is really bad, they are so pathetic they kill their own 2 minutes passing the puck around

Roloson is the only question mark going into tomorrow, he hasn't look good at all in this series, I like the Bolts chances tomorrow and Boston is known for choking in games 7 at home!

Go Bolts!
Just like this year, in Round 1. Right?

Old
05-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Is it me or Teddy Purcell is what Benoit Pouliot should have been for us? Big and good scorer.

Old
05-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Is it me or Teddy Purcell is what Benoit Pouliot should have been for us? Big and good scorer.
You could say "is" minus the playoff scoring. Regular season Pouliot is the carbon copy of Purcell, big guy that plays soft, can be very hot and cold and doesn't always get the most out of his abilities. He's caught fire these playoffs though...

Old
05-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96

Classy act on both sides.

Old
05-26-2011, 01:17 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Just like this year, in Round 1. Right?
They did choke, it's just luckily they had Horton who knew the heimlich maneuver.

Old
05-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I think Bruins will take it. They have had a lot of things going their way these playoffs, just seems like their year.

Old
05-26-2011, 01:45 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I think Bruins will take it. They have had a lot of things going their way these playoffs, just seems like their year.
Yep. Hard to disagree. probably even a sweep with Chara getting four game winning goals.

Old
05-26-2011, 01:48 PM
gusfring

Quote:
You could say "is" minus the playoff scoring. Regular season Pouliot is the carbon copy of Purcell, big guy that plays soft, can be very hot and cold and doesn't always get the most out of his abilities. He's caught fire these playoffs though...
?

Pouliot has more talent than Purcell, but Purcell has way more heart and works much harder and he isn't soft. Not sure where you get that from.

Old
05-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

If the refs "let them play" (and they will), Bruins will win Game 7 hands down. Bolts' PP is THE reason why they're still alive. 5-on-5, the Ruins dominates. TP is coughing tones of pucks in the neutral zone leading to deadly counter-attack situations for the Ruins. In fact, 5-on-5, TP looked even worse than Habs.

Old
05-26-2011, 03:13 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
If the refs "let them play" (and they will), Bruins will win Game 7 hands down. Bolts' PP is THE reason why they're still alive. 5-on-5, the Ruins dominates.
Tampa is utterly dominating the Bruins 5-on-5. The best the Bruins have managed is "roughly even" on scoring chances. In contrast, Tampa outchanced the Bruins by a two-to-one ratio in three of the six games, solely 5-on-5.

The only reason the Bruins are outscoring the Bolts 5-on-5, and indeed the only reason they are still in this series, is that Roloson has been awful. And Tampa is dominating to such an extent that even though Roloson keeps blowing it, Thomas had to steal at least one game to keep the Bruins alive.

Old
05-26-2011, 03:35 PM
skule123

Good news for players who hate fans: not only has the league greatly reduced the penalty to players who make obscene gestures (in wake of Andrew Ference), but they have also greatly reduced the penalty to players and personnel who throw water bottles at fans (in the wake of Nathan Horton).

It remains to be seen if these are still legal when performed by players or personnel from other teams, however, given that both were otherwise suspendable.

Closed Thread