HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Thrashers to Winnipeg: done deal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-26-2011, 06:41 AM
  #76
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003
 
The n00b King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Why would the league wait one year? For the schedules? I don't think so.

If ever the league decides to wait a year before moving Winnipeg from the eastern conference to the western conference, you can bet they are doing that because they are expecting to move the Yotes next year, and quite probably to Quebec. Le Colisée will suffice in the meantime, and the league will lose less money. As to the situation for the new arena, these things either tend to be resolved or stop the whole thing. The conclusion of which is not known for the moment and for all we know, could be resolved in the next few months. Your conclusion is premature.

I don't even care about the Nordiques coming back. It has its pros and its cons. Nice rivalry, another Canadian team, a more solid base for the league, but at the same time, takes away an unpredictable amount of viewers and fans, hence revenues, from the Habs.
Hmmm no. You're wrong.

Detroit has been wanting to move back in the east for a long time now. That's the first order of business.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 07:19 AM
  #77
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
If you feel Winnipeg is a draw, whether it be for players, or TV ratings.. you are wrong. I'm not sure a small market team is the right answer, long term, for the NHL..

Short term the league makes a ton of money, thats what matters most to them.
LOL, Winnipeg will be on national TV in the USA as much as the Trashers were. The only place Atlanta was on TV was in Atlanta.

The only thing I'm worried about with Winnipeg is the thought that many players won't want to play there. They'll have to make the draft a priority because unless they overpay in free agency I can't imagine a lot of guys moving their families to Manitoba.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 07:34 AM
  #78
Maverik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
lol, replacing a team that loses money, for one that could break even = a great business move in your mind? Thanks for the business tip... the irony here is unbelievable.
What would you have done? Kept the team in Atlanta and keep losing money? It's not like there are huge hockey markets looking for a team out there...

Only other option is closing the team for good? This is not the ECHL.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 07:39 AM
  #79
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
LOL, Winnipeg will be on national TV in the USA as much as the Trashers were. The only place Atlanta was on TV was in Atlanta.

The only thing I'm worried about with Winnipeg is the thought that many players won't want to play there. They'll have to make the draft a priority because unless they overpay in free agency I can't imagine a lot of guys moving their families to Manitoba.
Atlanta is the home of TBS, if they could have gotten a TV deal with them I'm sure it would have been a nice boost to hockey popularity in the US. Winnipeg will only be on CBC or TSN for the most part, which feeds a market that's maxed out or close to it.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 07:41 AM
  #80
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
LOL, Winnipeg will be on national TV in the USA as much as the Trashers were. The only place Atlanta was on TV was in Atlanta.

The only thing I'm worried about with Winnipeg is the thought that many players won't want to play there. They'll have to make the draft a priority because unless they overpay in free agency I can't imagine a lot of guys moving their families to Manitoba.
True but then again not many players were looking forward to July 1st to sign in Atlanta

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 08:21 AM
  #81
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Yawn, I hated the Jets as much as I did the Thrashers. I wish Vegas had a team, because I actually enjoy going to that city, unlike Winnipeg.

NHL isn't going forwards with this, its a lateral move.
This isn't even a matter of opinion it's just untrue.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 08:35 AM
  #82
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
No, you have no idea, but keep on pretending Winnipeg is a great move. You only want a new hockey jersey, but I'm the retarded one? Priceless.



lol, replacing a team that loses money, for one that could break even = a great business move in your mind? Thanks for the business tip... the irony here is unbelievable.



If the Panthers would ice a team, spend some money, they would be fine as well. I don't agree they need two teams, but they have made it this long, plus they have a 5% corporate tax rate, and no ndividual income tax, thats a big difference in attracting business, and players.

I noticed you left Nashville off the list, because you probably thought hockey would never work there. What about California? Isn't that just as ridiculous in your mind? Its non-traditional in every sense of the term.

If you feel Winnipeg is a draw, whether it be for players, or TV ratings.. you are wrong. I'm not sure a small market team is the right answer, long term, for the NHL..

Short term the league makes a ton of money, thats what matters most to them.
You're making a fool of yourself dude. Stop digging. Your comments were just beyond retarded in the first place and now you're making them even more retarded just to fit your already weak argument.

Here let me make it simple for you:

-30,000,000 versus ~0

Is that easier for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nilan View Post
Got to love Kriss telling a millionaire majority stock owner not to get into business . Habs, you might've been a mediocre personnal trainer if you didn't!
Because Kriss shouldn't have to tell you that 0$ > -30,000,000$

Also in other news success > mediocrity > failure.

In other hard to understand concepts: situations where you could make a profit versus ones where you're guaranteed to lose millions are better situations.

Plus don't act like you know Kriss irl you couldn't possibly compare a "millionaire majority stock owner" (lol) to a guy you don't even know. For all you know he's a millionaire who just loves hockey and comes on here to shoot the ****.

Not every millionaire on these forums comes on here to flaunt it to people. Generally people with real money don't feel that insecure.


Last edited by neofury*: 05-26-2011 at 08:42 AM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 08:38 AM
  #83
CTHabsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
True but then again not many players were looking forward to July 1st to sign in Atlanta
Maybe if the Thrashers didn't have an ownership group that makes Charles Wang look good, players would want to play for Atlanta. Can you really blame the people of Atlanta for not wanting to go to games, considering the product that they have been presented?

CTHabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 10:16 AM
  #84
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Plus don't act like you know Kriss irl you couldn't possibly compare a "millionaire majority stock owner" (lol) to a guy you don't even know. For all you know he's a millionaire who just loves hockey and comes on here to shoot the ****.

Not every millionaire on these forums comes on here to flaunt it to people. Generally people with real money don't feel that insecure.
I have a great idea that won't cost millions and will make any millionaire feel better about themselves:

Donate 20k to "the strik needs to pay his student loan foundation", we hand out receipts for taxes too


Seriously though, I understand both sides on this issue, but do think that in this case it's picking the lesser of two evils and it comes with some benefits ie: a fanbase that doesn't have to be built from the ground up.

This fanbase and the new ownership will make sure the mistakes of the past are not repeated. I don't think Winnipeg ever wants to see their franchise move again.

Now all they need is to sign Selanne and it's full circle


Last edited by Strik_IX: 05-26-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: typing fast = major fail
Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 10:21 AM
  #85
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,855
vCash: 500
Absolutely elated about this news. This gives me renewed hope in the NHL and how exciting it can and will be to watch games. There was nothing more boring to me than a mechant mardi vs Atlanta. Now let's move the rest of the the empty seated franchises to places where fans will line up at the door. Love this move and can't wait for Quebec's turn. The southern expansion has failed. It failed 10 years ago. With the Canadian dollar being at par with the American one and the overwhelming support for hockey in canadian markets Bettman and his hard head are running out of excuses.

The NHL will be awesome again in a few years. Book it.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 10:24 AM
  #86
McSorleyStick
El Pistolero!
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 12,262
vCash: 500
Hopefully the Red Wings will be moved to the Eastern Conference in 2012

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 10:29 AM
  #87
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Hopefully the Red Wings will be moved to the Eastern Conference in 2012
Yup. I'd take 4 games a year against the Wings over the Thrashers any day of the week. Even if we'd probably end up losing most of them.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 10:36 AM
  #88
ti-vite
Registered User
 
ti-vite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
Happy for Winipeg.

I thought Kansas City was also a contender with an an arena ready? Wasnt Luc Robitaille working with them?

ti-vite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 10:37 AM
  #89
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,612
vCash: 500
mgrossiTFP Michael Grossi
by TheFourthPeriod
Let's be honest here, winnipeg and Atlanta deal is basically done. NHL is just waiting for best time for announcement. IMO after this round

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 10:49 AM
  #90
JimmyDarmody
Registered User
 
JimmyDarmody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Here is a problem with your thinking though

The City of Glendale owns the building. Without the Coyotes 41 dates that is lost $ in parking , concessions , etc

That is why Glendale is putting up 25 mil because without out the Coyotes they will lose alot more money having a stadium that is mostly empty (Remember there is a competing stadium that Suns play in in downtown Pho ,, That tends to get the big concerts , etc because of its location to higher population centers
Spending that money now still creates a one year lapse of funds in the budget. The money Glendale claims the Coyotes generate is clearly a number snatched out of mid-air (half a billion - lol), and they'd be better off cutting potential NHL profits out of their balance sheet entirely. It would be the socially responsible thing to do, and that's without taking into account how nobody cares about the Coyotes in the first place. The whole thing reeks of some backroom promises politicians made with property developers that the Coyotes would not move.

JimmyDarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 11:01 AM
  #91
McSorleyStick
El Pistolero!
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 12,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
mgrossiTFP Michael Grossi
by TheFourthPeriod
Let's be honest here, winnipeg and Atlanta deal is basically done. NHL is just waiting for best time for announcement. IMO after this round
Yeah, Bettman probably wants so camera time before game 1 of the SCF
I wouldnt be surprised if he makes the announcement while he is in Vancouver

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 11:15 AM
  #92
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
Hmmm no. You're wrong.

Detroit has been wanting to move back in the east for a long time now. That's the first order of business.
My assesment of a possibility is wrong based on a rumor?

Get a hold of yourself. This is an old rumor which a lot of experts don't think will happen. Just go read the main board thread (Divisions with Winnipeg) and read all the pages, you will see most people agree, and most references point to Detroit staying West.

Detroit is too big of a cashcow for the west, they fill arenas (outside their own), and it is one of only two original 6 teams in the West.

If ever Detroit moves East, it will be a lateral move with another original 6 going back the other way.

The most likely candidates to switch are Nashville and Columbus, the latter being the most likely.



Also, if they hold off Winnipeg in the Eastern (SE) for the whole season, I can bet you anything you want that they won't switch any teams other than Phoenix and Atlanta from their respective conferences. NO Detroit in the Eastern, people have to stop believing this will happen.

I swear, it's as if Detroit were the Gods of hockey. One rumor pops out a few years ago that Detroit wants to go back East, and then one team moves and now it has somehow become FACTUAL that it is gonna be Detroit, because you know, Detroit is sooooo powerful that anything they want the league will give them. Rafalski and Lidstrom going away...? No problem, they are so powerful some people already think we've lost Markov and Wiz to them, even if the Habs have priority until July 1st... but hey it's Detroit, so no matter how much time the Habs have to negociate with them before anyone else, doesn't mean anything now that Detroit needs two defensemen, they're so powerful, they'll be able to sign both of them before July 1st....


Last edited by Ozymandias: 05-26-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:02 PM
  #93
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
No, you have no idea, but keep on pretending Winnipeg is a great move. You only want a new hockey jersey, but I'm the retarded one? Priceless.
Did I say it was a great move? Proof please.
I said it wasn't a lateral move, something you seem to agree with considering you're saying the league will at least make short term gains from it.

As for the jersey comment, I thought it was clear. It was intended to show just how unexcited I care about the move. Do you care about Jerseys? Probably not. I feel the same way. It was sarcastic, but you clearly missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
lol, replacing a team that loses money, for one that could break even = a great business move in your mind? Thanks for the business tip... the irony here is unbelievable.
Again, great? No. Better? Yes. Pretty simple stuff here mister. In one scenario, you lose 30M, in another you're even. But hey, who cares about 30M anyways..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
If the Panthers would ice a team, spend some money, they would be fine as well. I don't agree they need two teams, but they have made it this long, plus they have a 5% corporate tax rate, and no ndividual income tax, thats a big difference in attracting business, and players.

I noticed you left Nashville off the list, because you probably thought hockey would never work there. What about California? Isn't that just as ridiculous in your mind? Its non-traditional in every sense of the term.

If you feel Winnipeg is a draw, whether it be for players, or TV ratings.. you are wrong. I'm not sure a small market team is the right answer, long term, for the NHL..

Short term the league makes a ton of money, thats what matters most to them.
I left Nashville and California teams out because they're not in trouble. It's not because it works in Cali, on the opposite coast, that it'll work every where else.

Maybe you can tell the billionaires that are buying the team, making the move and have actually done market studies that they are wrong.
You have as much information on the matter as anybody else here (if you have more, please do share). You can have doubts about it, like I'm sure plenty do, and some are skeptical. Doesn't mean you are right and it doesn't make it a lateral move.

Btw, a big reason why small market teams had a hard time surviving before was because there was no revenue sharing. Why do you think teams that are on the brink of bankruptcy or completely in it still manage to survive???

It's one thing to not care about the move, like me personally, I really couldn't care less. Never been to Winnipeg, they play out west, never was a fan of them, it brings me absolutely nothing. But I won't say it's a lateral move because it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nilan View Post
Got to love Kriss telling a millionaire majority stock owner not to get into business . Habs, you might've been a mediocre personnal trainer if you didn't!
More than just a mediocre one, I'm a dangerous one remember?
I'm also a non-scholar apparently, that has no knowledge, experience or success in Real Estate, an entrepreneur that has no future and will see his business go bankrupt as soon as it opens up.
I should definitely go back to school so I can travel abroad for 6months, get drunk every day and learn new life experiences, then come back, be snobby, rude and arrogant so I can pretend to know people and judge them behind a tiny cpu screen.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:33 PM
  #94
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Okay that last line of the post by Kriss was just epic.

Seriously though I even mentioned above how it's fun to assume stuff about a person you don't even know.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:52 PM
  #95
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Hopefully the Red Wings will be moved to the Eastern Conference in 2012
I disagree. I really think Nashville should go first. Detroit is a huge draw with established rivals in the West. Nashville is an orphan that has lots of great geographic rivals in the Southeast division, but doesn't play with them. I might even point out that if Nashville and Atlanta had always been in the same division there might still be an Atlanta.

The best re-alignment would be:
  • Nashville from Central to Southeast
  • Atlanta/Winnipeg from Southeast to Northwest
  • Dallas from Pacific to Central
  • Colorado from Northwest to Pacific

Unfortunately, next summer, this is all going to be moot if Phoenix moves to Quebec or KC. I would assume the NHL is hoping that Las Vegas gets going or Phoenix gets sorted so they can do what I outlined above and leave the Coyotes in the West. If they move to Quebec, they obviously enter the Eastern conference and that means whoever would have moved East this year to accommodate Winnipeg would have to move back in under a year.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:02 PM
  #96
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Okay that last line of the post by Kriss was just epic.

Seriously though I even mentioned above how it's fun to assume stuff about a person you don't even know.
BRB taking assumptions personnally when I do it all the time, and in this very thread.
BRB correcting people's typos when I can barely follow a conversation or follow a coherent phrase.
BRB throwing a hissy fit at everyone I don't agree with.
BRB calling every differing opinion utterly retarded.


But this is irrelevant, you guys are getting your panties in a knot because someone doesn't agree with the NHLs move. Atlanta was a good potential market, like TB, like DAL, like SJ. If you read anything about ownership or management, you would realize the fans were screwed the day the new ownership took reigns. Now the NHL is going to the smallest market in Canada, where fluctuations of the dollar can demolish almost all of the teams but Toronto, and in an arena that needs to be expanded. How is Habs wrong in saying this is a lateral move with significant short term gains, but no long term vision? Why does this even have to be explained?

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:05 PM
  #97
JuJu Mobb
Registered User
 
JuJu Mobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
I disagree. I really think Nashville should go first. Detroit is a huge draw with established rivals in the West. Nashville is an orphan that has lots of great geographic rivals in the Southeast division, but doesn't play with them. I might even point out that if Nashville and Atlanta had always been in the same division there might still be an Atlanta.

The best re-alignment would be:
  • Nashville from Central to Southeast
  • Atlanta/Winnipeg from Southeast to Northwest
  • Dallas from Pacific to Central
  • Colorado from Northwest to Pacific

Unfortunately, next summer, this is all going to be moot if Phoenix moves to Quebec or KC. I would assume the NHL is hoping that Las Vegas gets going or Phoenix gets sorted so they can do what I outlined above and leave the Coyotes in the West. If they move to Quebec, they obviously enter the Eastern conference and that means whoever would have moved East this year to accommodate Winnipeg would have to move back in under a year.
If Québec goes to the North East division, who's moving?

Buffalo?

Boston
Montreal
Québec
Toronto
Ottawa

That's what the NE would look like. What about the other divisions? (Without Phoenix, with Québec)

JuJu Mobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:14 PM
  #98
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuJu Mobb View Post
If Québec goes to the North East division, who's moving?

Buffalo?

Boston
Montreal
Québec
Toronto
Ottawa

That's what the NE would look like. What about the other divisions? (Without Phoenix, with Québec)
I think if Quebec comes back, there are bigger fish. There is no good way to do the divisions to be honest. Buffalo couldn't really move because they cannot exactly go to the Atlantic. Who the heck would go to the Southeast? Washington is already ridiculous in that division.

If Quebec replaces Phoenix, I'd imagine there will be much larger realignment discussions.

Detroit also wants to move East and probably should geographically, but Columbus is even more absurdly East and in the Western conference (the closest team to Columbus is Pittsburgh). Nashville is similarly orphaned as I mentioned.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:35 PM
  #99
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nilan View Post
BRB taking assumptions personnally when I do it all the time, and in this very thread.
BRB correcting people's typos when I can barely follow a conversation or follow a coherent phrase.
BRB throwing a hissy fit at everyone I don't agree with.
BRB calling every differing opinion utterly retarded.


But this is irrelevant, you guys are getting your panties in a knot because someone doesn't agree with the NHLs move. Atlanta was a good potential market, like TB, like DAL, like SJ. If you read anything about ownership or management, you would realize the fans were screwed the day the new ownership took reigns. Now the NHL is going to the smallest market in Canada, where fluctuations of the dollar can demolish almost all of the teams but Toronto, and in an arena that needs to be expanded. How is Habs wrong in saying this is a lateral move with significant short term gains, but no long term vision? Why does this even have to be explained?
Wow for a guy claiming other people have their panties in a bunch

You seem quite pissed off. For one I never even commented on all of that, all I said is -30 million is worse than 0. Is this a statement you disagree with from a financial perspective?

PS: I never said I didn't take assumptions seriously or that I did, it's one thing to assume something about a situation you can see, a totally other thing to assume something about a person on the internet you don't even know. I can see a deal for Winnipeg is going down, if I assume this or that about it, it's because of discussion and has some relevance to the topic.

Assuming Kriss E is some scrub just because your on another posters junk, that's a bad assumption. If you want to assume because of this or that reason that Winnipeg is a bad move then so be it, you're entitled to your opinion/assumption. Assuming just because of one posters financial situation that another poster couldn't possibly know what they're talking about, it's a baseless assumption that adds nothing to the thread. You don't know Kriss E so stop acting like you know he's an idiot.

Correcting peoples typos when I can barely follow a sentence? I was the person defending the poster. Maybe it's you who has trouble following a sentence, insecure much?

Hissy fit with everyone I disagree with? Just because I can fill out a paragraph fairly quickly doesn't make it a hissy fit. I'm as passionate a fan as the next guy, I'm just a hyper personality type, if you want to go assume it's a hissy fit then go ahead with another baseless assumption that adds nothing to the thread.

Well you got me there, when I find somebodies opinion retarded I tell them. I only do this when it's once again got nothing to back it up other than:

"hey this guy is wealthy, he knows what he's talking about when it comes to billion dollar decisions, at least he must know more than Kriss E a guy I don't know anything about"

I know I paraphrased here, but come on. I never said I disagreed with the NHL's move either, this entire time I've been in the camp that's happy for Winnipeg so I don't even know what you're getting at. If you scroll up and read I actually used a thing called logic in order to argue my point.

I didn't just say "zomgggg this is a bad move cause uhhhh yeah cause I don't like it, it's a lateral move even though it's the difference of -30 million dollars a year versus roughly breaking even".

Sorry but that's just laughable. Maybe you should get your facts checked before you come out here and try to ******** your way into making somebody look bad. It only makes you look stupid.

Now go back through the thread and grasp at straws because everything I just said is the truth and you just have your head up your own ass.

Oh and also:

BRB going to go read through the thread with my professional reading comprehension again so that I can actually grasp at a few straws to try and make myself not look like such a retard now... BRB guys!

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 02:26 PM
  #100
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I've read last week that the league is rumored to keep Winnipeg in the South East next season.

If this ever becomes fact, this would mean the league is leaning towards moving Pheonix to Quebec next year. Think about it, one team one year going west to east, and then the following the reverse happens, so whatever they do in the first year to accomodate the first moving, they would need to redo part of that the following year, like Columbus or Nashville going East this year, but having to move them back to West once Pheonix goes to Quebec.
Interesting thought. It never crossed my mind, but you could be onto something here. Seems like a very possible scenario, if not Quebec, somewhere East.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.