HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers loaded with firepower at CHL level

Old
05-26-2011, 01:00 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
New York Rangers loaded with firepower at CHL level

The Rangers have nine prospects who were members of CHL teams this past season, including six forwards, two defensemen, and one goaltender.

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:42 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

Good article. You think Yogan can recover from a full missing year of development?

MrAlmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:45 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
No mention of Missiaen. Article may have been written before we signed him.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 02:06 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

did McIlrath get any better this past season? These type of players are impossible to gauge without actual scouting and watching of games and prior knowledge of his previous stages of development. It's easy to look at an offensive d-man and judge them almost entirely on their output. I assume he's been playing against opposition's top lines?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
No mention of Missiaen. Article may have been written before we signed him.
No, I just screwed up and left him off. Darn!

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 03:29 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlmost View Post
Good article. You think Yogan can recover from a full missing year of development?
He did pretty darn well with the handful of games he played fot The Whale at the end of the season. Hopefully if he goes back to Jr.'s next season he builds off that experience and makes a name for himself with a full season under his belt.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 03:30 PM
morffin

they really are doing it right ...from the crease out...we got the d men...now come the scorers ...this is going to be fun!.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
did McIlrath get any better this past season? These type of players are impossible to gauge without actual scouting and watching of games and prior knowledge of his previous stages of development. It's easy to look at an offensive d-man and judge them almost entirely on their output. I assume he's been playing against opposition's top lines?
I can't speak from any perspective of seeing him play, but he was named his teams most improved player for the second year in a row, so you would think that at least means his coaches think he's getting better

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 03:58 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I can't speak from any perspective of seeing him play, but he was named his teams most improved player for the second year in a row, so you would think that at least means his coaches think he's getting better
Was he voted for that this past season?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

http://officialblogofthemoosejawwarr...r-games-1.html
Quote:
Regular Season Award Winners
The Moose Jaw Warriors handed out their regular season awards March 18th before the final regular season home game inside the Civic Centre. Quinton Howden and Thomas Heemskerk shared MVP honours; Howden also won the Molson Cup, which is determined by points awarded through each home game’s three stars; Captain Spencer Edwards was named Fan’s Choice, Humanitarian, and Mark MacKay Hustle awards; rookie Sam Fioretti was named Most Sportsmanlike and Scholastic Player of the year; Kendall McFaull was named Unsung Hero; Most Improved went to rookie Joel Edmundson; Dylan Hood’s 83 points captured him the Top Scorer; Collin Bowman was named the Best Defensive Player; Morgan Rielly was named Rookie of the year.
Edmundson, as he should, he was their best Dman this season.

No sign of 'The Wraths' name in there at all actually.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 04:17 PM
JimmyStart*

Doesn't reallyt mean anything at all that mcI didn't get individual awards from his team. They gave him most improved last year. It's not like he was going to get the same award when he had relatively the same year, or did they? Hopefully he didn't regress.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Doesn't reallyt mean anything at all that mcI didn't get individual awards from his team. They gave him most improved last year. It's not like he was going to get the same award when he had relatively the same year, or did they? Hopefully he didn't regress.
With his knee injury, I'm just glad that his numbers didn't get worse. Next year will be a really big year for him. If he's going to be worth the high pick we used on him, he needs to start showing some projectable offense. I fully expect him to be at least a big, nasty SOB with solid defense, but with the 10th overall pick, and who we left on the board, he needs to put up decent points on the offensive side.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 04:24 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
http://officialblogofthemoosejawwarr...r-games-1.html

Edmundson, as he should, he was their best Dman this season.

No sign of 'The Wraths' name in there at all actually.
Last time you said Colin Bowman was their best defenseman. How often do you watch Moose Jaw again?

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 04:39 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Last time you said Colin Bowman was their best defenseman. How often do you watch Moose Jaw again?
You mean how often do his CHL 'sources' watch Moose Jaw?

Old
05-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
With his knee injury, I'm just glad that his numbers didn't get worse. Next year will be a really big year for him. If he's going to be worth the high pick we used on him, he needs to start showing some projectable offense. I fully expect him to be at least a big, nasty SOB with solid defense, but with the 10th overall pick, and who we left on the board, he needs to put up decent points on the offensive side.

It was #10, not #1. You can't expect to get Chris Chelios at #10, it's just not a reasonable expectation.

If he becomes Beukeboom, it will be a tremendously successful pick. Adding a Beuk-quality defenseman to our top-4 would give us the best defense in the league, especially if MDZ also become a 55+ point producer.

Last edited by Beacon: 05-26-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 05:05 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
It was #10, not #1. You can't expect to get Chris Chelios at #10, it's just not a reasonable expectation.

If he becomes Beukeboom, it will be a tremendously successful pick. Adding a Beuk-quality defenseman to our top-4 would give us the best defense in the league, especially if MDZ also become a 55+ point producer.
Orpik or Doug Murray type defenseman and I'll be quite pleased.

Old
05-26-2011, 05:11 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Its a fact Bowman was voted best Dman, but in my opinion their best Dman, the guy that made the difference while McI was out and down the stretch was Edmunson.

What else ya got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
You mean how often do his CHL 'sources' watch Moose Jaw?
All you have to do is find the opinions that say opposite of what I'm 'reportedly' hearing, that will be your proof. Instead of finding those quotes you turn to the always charming banter between you and colonial

Old
05-26-2011, 05:21 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Its a fact Bowman was voted best Dman, but in my opinion their best Dman, the guy that made the difference while McI was out and down the stretch was Edmunson.

What else ya got?

All you have to do is find the opinions that say opposite of what I'm 'reportedly' hearing, that will be your proof. Instead of finding those quotes you turn to the always charming banter between you and colonial
On numerous occasions you have alluded to getting "reports" from 3rd parties, which you refuse to name (that's fine), on CHL activity... So if you're getting your information second hand, is it your opinion that Edmunson was the best defenseman or someone else's?

Old
05-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
On numerous occasions you have alluded to getting "reports" from 3rd parties which you refuse to name (that's fine)... So if you're getting your information second hand, is it your opinion that Edmunson was the best defenseman or someone else's? I'm inclined to believe it's the latter.
I did watch games, so both.

And why would I reveal any sources? I never claimed these were exclusive sources, just opinions I trust. Some you can find posting on the CHL boards, its not that hard if you do your own homework.

Old
05-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Randy McNaught???

why the heck did the rangers draft this guy??

heck even the enforcers in the NHL had skills in juniors or college.

Boll from the Jackets
George Parros from the Ducks
Thornton from the Bruins.
Barch from the Stars

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 05:45 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:

What else ya got?

I know Bowman was voted best defenseman, but you said he was earlier in the year.

We have had 1 debate over McIlrath, no need to get personal Cheif.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 05:46 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

I wouldn't be suprised if they took Edmundson with a second rounder. That would be pretty funny.

If hes still there of course.

MrAlmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 06:07 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Thomas runner up for hardest shot impressive, the more I hear about this kid the more excited I get he seams line exactly what we need in the top 6 aside from a 1C cough* Richards cough*

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 07:06 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
I did watch games, so both.

And why would I reveal any sources? I never claimed these were exclusive sources, just opinions I trust. Some you can find posting on the CHL boards, its not that hard if you do your own homework.
You spent the better part of the season picking apart elements of the Moose Jaw boxscores, like penalties called and +/-, and talking about what your CHL buddies were telling you, but now you were purchasing the CHL games to watch your most hated Ranger prospect yourself? My 9 year old nephew tells more convincing tall-tales than this.

Old
05-26-2011, 07:23 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Randy McNaught???

why the heck did the rangers draft this guy??

heck even the enforcers in the NHL had skills in juniors or college.

Boll from the Jackets
George Parros from the Ducks
Thornton from the Bruins.
Barch from the Stars
Okay, so I guess we're at the point where even 7th round picks have to be second guessed and questioned. Let me ask you this, if you had to trade for any of the enforcers you listed, would the price be a seventh round pick? Probably a little more than that. If you pick a guy in the seventh round, chances are that the only time he's putting on an NHL jersey is on draft day. I know Lundqvist was a seventh rounder. It's probably the only time this franchise has ever gotten that lucky. So, just so I'm clear, we suck when we pay a top notch enforcer too much money, and now we suck for wasting our last round draft pick on a guy to try to do the job? Pretty funny...

SML is offline   Reply With Quote