HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post your favorite personal piece of Flyers memorabilia

Old
05-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Intentional Icing
why you little!

vCash: 500
Post your favorite personal piece of Flyers memorabilia

Is it a game stick? Autograph? Game worn jersey? Caught puck?

Post what means most to you.

For me it has to be the birthday gift my father got for me. His friend worked in the Flyers training camp (if my memory serves me right) and he got the entire 1996-1997 team to sign a piece of notebook paper say happy birthday.

Intentional Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 08:06 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Okay Billy_Shoe -- have at 'er! I'd love to look through your basement again!

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I have a Stanley Cup penant from the 70s. That's pretty much it. Nothing too special about it.

05-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Intentional Icing
why you little!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I have a Stanley Cup penant from the 70s. That's pretty much it. Nothing too special about it.
That's awesome. The first or the second cup?

Intentional Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna View Post
That's awesome. The first or the second cup?
It's actually for both of them

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 08:22 PM
orangecrush8

Im a jersey guy. I wish I could afford game worn jerseys (but school gets in the way). Authentics will have to do for now

With that said, these are a couple of my favourites

Last edited by orangecrush8: 05-26-2011 at 08:58 PM.
orangecrush8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Flyersfan139

I have a Stanley cup puck (has both years on it) with all the players names on the back. My aunt gave it to me a while ago, not sure if she got it at the stadium or what.

Second favorite would be an autographed JVR puck

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

I don't have too much, just a few jerseys (LeClair, Brind'Amour, Pre-C Richie). I've also got a few signed pucks which I like to get whenever possible, just not on the Pronger type scale. 2 of my favorites are an old Gary Dornhoefer one - okay stop it right here - and a newer Kimmo signed one - okay let 'er go.

Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Can't really pick one, so I'll give three.

1) Autographed Timonen Jersey (away 08/09): Parents bought it at a school auction. Honestly, I don't think my mom thought she would win, because when I brought it over to her (I was helping out at the auction) she didn't seem too thrilled.

2) Autographed Bob Picture: Got it back in November when the Eagles came back against the Giants. Jackson's punt return was while I was in line, and it was funny to see the whole place cheer, mostly because Bob was loving it. After I got my autograph, I thanked him, expecting just a nod or something and he replied "No problem!" and gave one of his Bob smiles.

3) Autographed Giroux Picture: Came back from school for a weekend in February and got this. We got to the place, and the people told us it was all sold out, even though we got there at the beginning of the hour and it didn't look like there was an hour worth of people there. So, I was pissed and wanted to go home, but my sister kept me there, just in case. Sure enough, some other lady made a fuss over the line being relatively short, and they asked Claude if it was ok. He must've said yes, because they gave out more tickets, and my sister was up there before I could turn around to tell her. While in line, there was a toddler wearing a helmet and roller skates in front of us, and Claude signed everything for him. We got our picture signed, and Claude was really nice about everything.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
Can't really pick one, so I'll give three.

1) Autographed Timonen Jersey (away 08/09): Parents bought it at a school auction. Honestly, I don't think my mom thought she would win, because when I brought it over to her (I was helping out at the auction) she didn't seem too thrilled.

2) Autographed Bob Picture: Got it back in November when the Eagles came back against the Giants. Jackson's punt return was while I was in line, and it was funny to see the whole place cheer, mostly because Bob was loving it. After I got my autograph, I thanked him, expecting just a nod or something and he replied "No problem!" and gave one of his Bob smiles.

3) Autographed Giroux Picture: Came back from school for a weekend in February and got this. We got to the place, and the people told us it was all sold out, even though we got there at the beginning of the hour and it didn't look like there was an hour worth of people there. So, I was pissed and wanted to go home, but my sister kept me there, just in case. Sure enough, some other lady made a fuss over the line being relatively short, and they asked Claude if it was ok. He must've said yes, because they gave out more tickets, and my sister was up there before I could turn around to tell her. While in line, there was a toddler wearing a helmet and roller skates in front of us, and Claude signed everything for him. We got our picture signed, and Claude was really nice about everything.
1) I think you need to sit down with your mother and explain to her, thoroughly, who Kimmo Timonen is.

2) Legit.

3) From what I've picked up reading the media and from people who have met Bob, he has learned English pretty quickly. I forget which reporter it was, but apparently he was quite surprised halfway through the season when Bob was using American slang conversationally. Or something like that. I think it was more of a nod and a "sup?"

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 12:55 AM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
1) I think you need to sit down with your mother and explain to her, thoroughly, who Kimmo Timonen is.

2) Legit.

3) From what I've picked up reading the media and from people who have met Bob, he has learned English pretty quickly. I forget which reporter it was, but apparently he was quite surprised halfway through the season when Bob was using American slang conversationally. Or something like that. I think it was more of a nod and a "sup?"
Yeah I think I remember that too. I think they said that one of the players asked, "What's up?" and he said, "Not much, just chilling."

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote