HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXII (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
05-27-2011, 09:00 AM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Ummm no.

They are proffesional atheletes in an arena of fans who pay there mutli million dollar salaries. Obviously if fans take it over the limit players should defend themselves, but your telling me that fans should be assaulted if they call them names & verbally abuse them?
Cmon man, get real. If that bothers an athlete at this point, they should just quit. Its a sign of being immature & lacks respect.
That's the difference between you and me. I don't think that a certain number in your pay check makes it ok to be verbally assaulted or trash thrown at you by hundreads of spectators. I did say what Horton did was dumb, but the guy was not only yelling at them. he looked like he wanted to throw that water bottle too. Maybe he should have gotten a fine, but a suspension? No way!

Old
05-27-2011, 09:09 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I'm more embarrassed of the comments I'm reading here then the incident itself. The players were bombarded with water bottles and that idiot Tampa Bat who got splashed probably was calling the players *******, chokers and whatnot, 2 sec after they got comebacked in a association finales game. In my world, if you pick on somebody, you assume the consequences that come with it. Horton is an idiot, but he didn't deserve anything that time.
1st Amendment rights say the fan can call Horton whatever he wants as long as he doesn't slander him. After the crap Horton pulled at the end of the game on Moore I suspect the fans had a reason to yell some profanities at Horton.

Old
05-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
That's the difference between you and me. I don't think that a certain number in your pay check makes it ok to be verbally assaulted or trash thrown at you by hundreads of spectators. I did say what Horton did was dumb, but the guy was not only yelling at them. he looked like he wanted to throw that water bottle too. Maybe he should have gotten a fine, but a suspension? No way!
Thats fine that you personally feel that way, but thats not the way it works in sports arenas. Have you been to games before? Opposing (and sometimes local) players have been getting lambasted since the roman times. Its the nature of the profession. They have been trained to avoid it, and to understand that it isnt personal, its buisness. As "morally" wrong it is to insult guys because they dont play on your favorite team, it is part of your job. Just like the paparazzi, the media, the newspapers ripping into you, etc. As lame as it sounds, if you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

In the end, fan safety, protection, etc is most important, because it is a gate-driven buisness. If the fans dont cross the line, they should be ignored. What that fan did, is common place in sport and to be expected.
I cant defend athlete douchebaggery.

Old
05-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Habs 1909

Quote:
Thats fine that you personally feel that way, but thats not the way it works in sports arenas. Have you been to games before? Opposing (and sometimes local) players have been getting lambasted since the roman times. Its the nature of the profession. They have been trained to avoid it, and to understand that it isnt personal, its buisness. As "morally" wrong it is to insult guys because they dont play on your favorite team, it is part of your job. Just like the paparazzi, the media, the newspapers ripping into you, etc. As lame as it sounds, if you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

In the end, fan safety, protection, etc is most important, because it is a gate-driven buisness. If the fans dont cross the line, they should be ignored. What that fan did, is common place in sport and to be expected.

Colin Campbell even released a statement following the Tortorella incident that there's zero tolerance for any fan interactions regardless of any mitigating circumstances. Hard to believe that there wasn't any supplementary discipline following the Horton incident.

Old
05-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Having water bottles thrown at you IS crossing the line...

Old
05-27-2011, 10:11 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
So you agree that horton crossed the line? The other guy didn't throw one at horton, whatever it may have looked like.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
05-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Where do you see Horton receiving a water bottle? At worse he was threatened to be thrown one... and please don't say that being threatened to be thrown a water bottle at when you're in full hockey gear is something that warrants self-defense.

Horton took the water bottle RIGHT when he got off the ice and went straight at the guy. It's not like there was a long altercation between them (might've been earlier in the game, maybe between the periods or something, and Horton was just pissed off because of the loss and decided that he was not happy enough at passing his frustration on TB's players in a loss, he'd do it on their fans too).

But the league saying there will be absolutely nothing and they will not issue any comment is truly ridiculous. I mean, don't suspend it, but not even a fine? This is basically saying that what he did is acceptable, but when Tort did it he got suspended out of an elimination playoff game.

Old
05-27-2011, 10:28 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
Where do you see Horton receiving a water bottle? At worse he was threatened to be thrown one... and please don't say that being threatened to be thrown a water bottle at when you're in full hockey gear is something that warrants self-defense.

Horton took the water bottle RIGHT when he got off the ice and went straight at the guy. It's not like there was a long altercation between them (might've been earlier in the game, maybe between the periods or something, and Horton was just pissed off because of the loss and decided that he was not happy enough at passing his frustration on TB's players in a loss, he'd do it on their fans too).

But the league saying there will be absolutely nothing and they will not issue any comment is truly ridiculous. I mean, don't suspend it, but not even a fine? This is basically saying that what he did is acceptable, but when Tort did it he got suspended out of an elimination playoff game.
It's become obvious to so many that Bruins Campbell has brought them more freedoms from fines and suspensions.

Old
05-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
wow malholtra is cleared to skate. unreal

Old
05-27-2011, 06:51 PM
googlymoogly

Remember it has already been predicted that Bruins will win.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adv_41.jpg‎ (161.3 KB, 11 views)

Old
05-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Remember it has already been predicted that Bruins will win.
Predicted? Don't you mean planned?

Old
05-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:

Old
05-27-2011, 07:07 PM
googlymoogly

Cherry still messing up names calling Timmy>>> Timmy Thomas

It's TimmyTuna

Old
05-27-2011, 07:10 PM
holyhabs87

Boston forecast predicting a strong change of LIGHTNING!

Old
05-27-2011, 07:19 PM
googlymoogly

Anybody notice Tampa can take a hit and not have to retaliate like that other team.

Old
05-27-2011, 07:20 PM
A1
Set Sail For Fail

Bob Cole is ****ing pumped for this game, love it!

Old
05-27-2011, 07:23 PM
sheed36

Great start to the game..

Edit.. Who are the refs tonight? Please don't say Chris Lee or Tim Peel..

Old
05-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Great start to the game..

Edit.. Who are the refs tonight? Please don't say Chris Lee or Tim Peel..
Dan O'Halloran and Stephen Walkom.

Old
05-27-2011, 07:30 PM
HomaridII

If the Bruins win tonight, the Leafs get their second round pick this year as well in the Kaberle deal.

Not sure how I feel about that, lol

Old
05-27-2011, 07:33 PM
habsrule22

tampa needs to be better in getting the out of their zone

Old
05-27-2011, 07:33 PM
HomaridII

Quick note ... don't shoot the messenger ...

Earlier today I was watching Bob Mckeown on Spotsnet and they started talking about Brad Richards.

One of his guests said Richards had let it be known that one of the places he would like to play in was Montreal (NY + Dallas were other places they talked about, they also talked about Tampa but didn't think the owner would pay the salary)

Old
05-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Quick note ... don't shoot the messenger ...

Earlier today I was watching Bob Mckeown on Spotsnet and they started talking about Brad Richards.

One of his guests said Richards had let it be known that one of the places he would like to play in was Montreal (NY + Dallas were other places they talked about, they also talked about Tampa but didn't think the owner would pay the salary)
Heard this story before...everyone uses Montreal as a weight when it comes to a new contract. But nobody signs here.

Old
05-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Viggo Mortensen

So the Bruins are playing against the Oilers right now according to B Brunet

Old
05-27-2011, 07:40 PM
habsrule22

a fewscrambles in front on thomas, tampa needs to shoot more

Old
05-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

vCash: 200
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Maybe you guys don't care anymore but here's the stream for Calder Cup game 1.

Closed Thread