HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Artem Anisimov contract

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-27-2011, 07:38 AM
  #1
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,896
vCash: 500
Artem Anisimov contract

Patrik Berglund is reportedly on the verge of signing a 2 year deal

Quote:
Expect an announcement soon on an extension with Patrik Berglund. As I previously wrote, you can expect Berglund to agree to a two year deal paying him in the $2.1 million dollar range. $2.1 million in the first year would be a hefty raise off of his $805,000 QO number.
http://www.truehockey.com/articles/NHL-Roundup

Earlier Strickland had reported

Quote:
The Blues have made a two-year offer to forward Patrik Berglund. The two sides have agreed on the term but have yet to settle on a number. Look for Berglund to eventually sign a two-year contract that pays him between $2.1-$2.5 million per year.
http://www.truehockey.com/articles/S...lorado-College

Berglund is in the same boat as AA. Group II with no arbitration rights. 2 years/$4.2M. Is it that or is $2.1M in the first year and a little more in the 2nd year? St.Louis gave David Perron(no arb rights) 2 years/$4.3M last summer. $2.15M.

Berglund has 56 goals and and 125 points in 225 games

AA has 30 goals and 72 points in 165 games

Berglund has averaged 42 points per season and AA is at 36 per season. Rough estimates.

The Rangers gave Dubinsky(no arb rights)2 years/$3.7M in 2009. He had 27 goals and 81 points in 170 games at that time. Very similar numbers to AA.

Don Maloney gave Martin Hanzal(not arbitration eligible)last summer 2 years/$3.6M. 29 goals and 99 points in 227 games at that time.

$1.85M-$2M for AA. Dubinsky got $1.7M and $2M. The Dubinsky contract was two years ago and the cap will have gone from $56.8M to $62.4M-$63.5M. AA should get a little less than Berglund. The AA contract should not be a hard contract to negotiate.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 09:11 AM
  #2
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
So we thinking Arty will get less? If we can keep it under a 2 million for a few yrs I think it's a win win. I like Anisimov and if we can get Richards as the #1 and Stepan as the #2 it will only make the team better with those 3 down the middle.

I can however see Arty losing minutes to Boyle unless they make Boyle a winger this year which could go down. I figure there is a 3rd line LW spot open if they go with Dubsinky, keep Wolski, Avery 4th line. Hagelin and Grachev have a shot if they impress though and that makes Boyle, Prust a real good 4th line / PK group that can chip in offensively

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 09:47 AM
  #3
kovazub94
Enigmatic
 
kovazub94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
So we thinking Arty will get less? If we can keep it under a 2 million for a few yrs I think it's a win win. I like Anisimov and if we can get Richards as the #1 and Stepan as the #2 it will only make the team better with those 3 down the middle.

I can however see Arty losing minutes to Boyle unless they make Boyle a winger this year which could go down. I figure there is a 3rd line LW spot open if they go with Dubsinky, keep Wolski, Avery 4th line. Hagelin and Grachev have a shot if they impress though and that makes Boyle, Prust a real good 4th line / PK group that can chip in offensively
I can't see it at all unless Artie reverses from his development curve and Boyle takes another solid improvement step (vision?). Regardless of what happens with signing Brad Richards, I can see Torts starting the season reuniting the Pack Line and keeping xx - Boyle - Prust together as either 3rd or 4th. Either way AA would be getting more playing time.

I really hope AA contract is a slam dunk - there is no reason it shouldn't be unless either Slats low ball him or Artem's agent makes unreasonable demand$$.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 09:48 AM
  #4
mcsauer2738
Registered User
 
mcsauer2738's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,059
vCash: 500
arty will get 2 years about 3.5 mill. book it

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 10:26 AM
  #5
NY Ranger86
Registered User
 
NY Ranger86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ryan = Cup
Posts: 921
vCash: 500
your crazy. i love Anisimov but 2yrs 3.5mil???? no way

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 10:35 AM
  #6
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
your crazy. i love Anisimov but 2yrs 3.5mil???? no way
I'm reasonably certain that he means 3.5 mil over 2 years, not per year. Dubi got 3.7 over 2 years in his 2nd contract. Artie put up similar numbers, so should get a similar contract.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 10:54 AM
  #7
kovazub94
Enigmatic
 
kovazub94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I'm reasonably certain that he means 3.5 mil over 2 years, not per year. Dubi got 3.7 over 2 years in his 2nd contract. Artie put up similar numbers, so should get a similar contract.
Yup, stating differently he meant 2-year contract worth $1.75 m per year of cap hit. I actually think it's going to be slightly more - he's going to get Dubinsky contract + maybe upto $200 K.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 11:02 AM
  #8
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,896
vCash: 500
AA should get a good contract. He did not have a breakout offensive year like Giroux who got basically arbitration type money in his second contract. AA should get more than Hanzal but less than Berglund will get and less than Gagner and Perron got last summer. Dubinsky wasn't an easy negotiation because his agent wanted $4M which is what he got Zajac who are arb eligible. Dubinsky will get the $4M this time. Staal turned out to be a long negotiation when it didn't appear both sides were far apart. Staal's agent wanted $4M and the Rangers were offering $3.5M plus. The Rangers got Staal for under $4M cap # but his lone Group III year is worth $4.5M. The group II's with no arb rights tend to go unsigned until late August/early September so it could be a while.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 11:10 AM
  #9
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Personally I'd lock up Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Sauer long term.

6 years each.

Boyle 2-3 years.

Get the core locked in long term so we don't need to worry about it.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 11:31 AM
  #10
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Personally I'd lock up Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Sauer long term.

6 years each.

Boyle 2-3 years.

Get the core locked in long term so we don't need to worry about it.
I think it's likely that both Cally and Dubi will get 4 years or more. But Artie and Sauer are still question marks. A 6 year deal for Artie would include 2 UFA years, and for Sauer it would include 3 UFA years. That will drive up both of their cap hits. You willing to give them both 3 mil per year? Because that is probably the minimum it would take to get them signed for 6 years. More if they are resistant to signing long term because they think they can make more money by signing short term now and cashing in later.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 11:35 AM
  #11
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I think it's likely that both Cally and Dubi will get 4 years or more. But Artie and Sauer are still question marks. A 6 year deal for Artie would include 2 UFA years, and for Sauer it would include 3 UFA years. That will drive up both of their cap hits. You willing to give them both 3 mil per year? Because that is probably the minimum it would take to get them signed for 6 years. More if they are resistant to signing long term because they think they can make more money by signing short term now and cashing in later.
You have a point.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 12:10 PM
  #12
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,313
vCash: 500
i think a deal like dubi's last contract is very fair for AA...2 year, $1.85 mil/year. that more than doubles his salary.

but do you want to go longer than just 2 years?

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 12:24 PM
  #13
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
And they will have enough money to resign Fedotenko to a 2 year deal. And Prust to a 3 year deal. Prust will be an ufa after 2011-2012 season.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 01:07 PM
  #14
Vito Andolini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
but do you want to go longer than just 2 years?
Depends how good you think he'll be in the next few years. If you think he's going to break out, then it makes sense to sign him longer. If not, why waste the cap hit next year when we'll already be stretched with the probable buyouts & making a run at Richards.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 01:44 PM
  #15
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,405
vCash: 500
I will play this Price is Right game. 2 years, $2.8M

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 02:13 PM
  #16
kovazub94
Enigmatic
 
kovazub94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I will play this Price is Right game. 2 years, $2.8M
Do you have comparable contracts for reference? Otherwise you seem to significantly shortchange him (everyone else's estimate is at least 700 K more).

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 02:24 PM
  #17
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Do you have comparable contracts for reference? Otherwise you seem to significantly shortchange him (everyone else's estimate is at least 700 K more).
This is Price is Right. If you go over, you automatically lose!

Dubi had a better first 2 years so I imagine he'd get less than Dubi. Dubi's overall play was more complete over those two years as well. Maybe not by a significant margin. I think AA was just working on parts of his game and putting it all together. Dubi probably got a good boost playing with Jagr in his rookie season but numbers and results are numbers and results.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 02:32 PM
  #18
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,895
vCash: 145
Awards:
Well, it's also a few league years later, with a higher cap. Keep that in mind. A $2MM contract three years ago is probably worth like $2.5MM now.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 04:14 PM
  #19
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
This is Price is Right. If you go over, you automatically lose!

Dubi had a better first 2 years so I imagine he'd get less than Dubi. Dubi's overall play was more complete over those two years as well. Maybe not by a significant margin. I think AA was just working on parts of his game and putting it all together. Dubi probably got a good boost playing with Jagr in his rookie season but numbers and results are numbers and results.
Artie is better defensively IMO, but Dubi is better at faceoffs. The offensive numbers are close enough (40, 41 for Dubi and 28, 44 for Artie). And like nyr2k2 said, there's inflation because the cap has gone up since then.

Artie will get somewhere between 1.5 and 2 mil per year.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 05:16 PM
  #20
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !
 
x BEUKEBOOM x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY Rangerville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,394
vCash: 500
Ha.

I was going to start an Artie thread last night but lost interest due to back spasms since my window AC experience yesterday morning.

It seems a thread like this comes up every summer just after a guys sophmore season and 33% see the potential in all aspects and 66% want to trade said player for a 'elite' grinder & a 7th, or package that player with Redden, Newburry & 2nd & 1st for Malkin.

Then after the thread reaches 22 pages of "yes he is" , "no he isnt" nearing the season opener, the guy breaks out and is now untouchable in 95% of HFBoards eye's. 3 years ago it was Cally, 2 summers ago it was Dubi, Last year it was MDZ, albeit it was after his 1st season but it's never been against this board to break rank.

My goal was the way those threads preseed that players breakout season. Almost like a 'right of passage' here on the NYR boards.

So.....here's to Artie's break out season.

IMO, 18g, 26a was just the tip of the iceberg.

Let the trashing begin so the hockey god's can grant the kid the imortal status of untouchable in NYR fans minds next summer.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 05:21 PM
  #21
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
Depends how good you think he'll be in the next few years. If you think he's going to break out, then it makes sense to sign him longer. If not, why waste the cap hit next year when we'll already be stretched with the probable buyouts & making a run at Richards.
I think as long as he stays with Callahan and Dubinsky, he'll definitely improve and be a great player along with Cally and Duby.

If the cap does go up like it reportedly will, we should have enough money to sign a player like Jussi Jokinen to play with Gaborik and Richards (assuming we sign Richards) I'd like to see the following:

Jokinen-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello
Avery/Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 05:46 PM
  #22
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,015
vCash: 50
A comparable; Martin Hanzal. He was a Group II RFA and signed a 2 year deal worth $3.6m, over two years. $1.5m in his first year, $2.1m in his second year. Both are excellent defensive centers, although Hanzal is a bit better in that facet, while Anisimov is a bit better offensively. Hanzal had 3 straight 30+ point seasons when he signed that deal, and Anisimov has had seasons of 28 points and 44 points. I'd go with this:

2 years @ $3.7m-$3.9m. $1.6m next year, $2.1m-$2.3m the year after next. Comes out to slightly above a $1.8m or 1.9m cap hit, which is fair for Anisimov right now. He could make an upwards of $3.5-$4m once that deal is through, though.

EDIT: Didn't read the entire OP. I see RB and I are on the same page.

__________________
Soon.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 05-27-2011 at 06:14 PM.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 06:09 PM
  #23
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
I think as long as he stays with Callahan and Dubinsky, he'll definitely improve and be a great player along with Cally and Duby.

If the cap does go up like it reportedly will, we should have enough money to sign a player like Jussi Jokinen to play with Gaborik and Richards (assuming we sign Richards) I'd like to see the following:

Jokinen-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello
Avery/Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust

Good lineup except I'd really like to see what Hagelin or Horak can do on the lower lines and also if Thomas somehow has a superb Traverse City/Training Camp and can start with the big club.

Artie played well and improved his numbers. He probably gets somewhere between $1.65-1.8 million for one to two years and then next time he'd be arbitration eligible.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 10:26 PM
  #24
hockeyman001
Registered User
 
hockeyman001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
I still hold Artie's gonna get 3.6/2. 1.7 (or 1.6) in the first year, and 1.9 (or 2.0) in the second year. Cap hit = 1.8M

hockeyman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 10:34 PM
  #25
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 32,687
vCash: 500
2 year 3.8/4 mill deal would be my guess.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.