HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

If Atlanta gets an AHL team

Old
05-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
If Atlanta gets an AHL team

Would you be against the organization dropping the Admirals in favor of a team closer to Nashville?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 06:48 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Would you be against the organization dropping the Admirals in favor of a team closer to Nashville?
Not if it hurts Milwaukee in the sense that they'd be losing a team. Granted, it's a minor league team but no one likes to see their teams go away, regardless of what level they're at.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 09:45 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
I dont think the Ads would lose their team. AHL teams change affiliations all the time while remaining in place.

that said, i really dont see the benefit of having our AHL team closer, and Id just as soon stay with the Ads.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Don't know all of the logistics, but if we did end up with Atlanta I would make occasional weekend trips to see them.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 10:34 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Which ever team has the better coaching staff. If it's the Ads, Ads. If it's mystery team X ion ATL, then them.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:30 PM
randymc2641

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Don't know all of the logistics, but if we did end up with Atlanta I would make occasional weekend trips to see them.
I am with you, more convient on the players too, i know spalling was without a car for weeks here. One could drive to Nashville from ATL before he could catch a flight most of the time.

randymc2641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 12:12 AM
InRinneWeTrust

In a word, No.

No disrespect, but after we've won our first playoff series and gained some "legitimacy" the last thing we need is to be affiliated with a twice-failed hockey market.

InRinneWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 12:13 AM
chipper
Thrashers forever

Send a message via AIM to chipper
If they did, and it was the Preds team, you'd probably see me become a Preds fan. Maybe.

chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by InRinneWeTrust View Post
In a word, No.

No disrespect, but after we've won our first playoff series and gained some "legitimacy" the last thing we need is to be affiliated with a twice-failed hockey market.
Really?

You've got to be related to Mr. Magoo with that shortsighted response.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 08:25 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I dont think the Ads would lose their team. AHL teams change affiliations all the time while remaining in place.

that said, i really dont see the benefit of having our AHL team closer, and Id just as soon stay with the Ads.
The Admirals are owned by a Milwaukee businessman. I believe that he has a real estate company and is the grandson of the man who started Masterlock. Perhaps you remember the TV commercial where a rifleman shoots a padlock and it doesn't open? That was by Masterlock.

If Nashville broke the affiliation, Milwaukee would find a new dance partner. The Ads were with Vancouver and then Chicago in the IHL days (80s and 90s). Before those teams, it was Quebec and 3 or 4 other cities.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 09:28 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
If we were to move to the Southeast, then I would not be opposed to it at all; however, considering the presence of the ECHL Gladiators in nearby Gwinnett, I'd rather jump ship from Cincinnati and affiliate with them, and possibly move our AHL team to Memphis if the chance presents itself.

Memphis has been the hardest place to sell on the sport in Tennessee. There's no permanent ice in the city, and just four high school teams (one of which is based in northern Mississippi). If we could put a team in the FedEx Forum downtown and charge about $15 on the average, it would be a tremendous way to help grow the sport in West Tennessee.

All that said, I have really enjoyed our relationship with Milwaukee, and I think the organization feels the same way and won't want to break that relationship any time soon.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote