HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Brandon Bochenski

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Hyped

vCash: 500
Brandon Bochenski

Hey Sens fans,

Has there been any word on Bochenski's progress as a player? I know he had a good season in the AHL last year. Is there a chance he could sneak onto the Senators' top two lines this year? If not, is he capable of doing so and how soon would he be able to? One more question while I'm in rapid fire mode, what do you see as his ceiling for points in the NHL?

Thanks in advance...

Old
08-18-2005, 02:02 PM
armani
Guy Likes

vCash: 50
Bochenski is still a year or two away from making the big squad.

He is a natural scorer with an upside of being a 2nd liner from what I have seen and heard.

Old
08-18-2005, 02:14 PM
bsenskmolson

I watched Bochenski all last year, yes he did great last year. But Spezza makes people around him better and he was centering Bo all last year...It will definitely be interesting to see how he plays without Spezza in Bingo this year, he does have that natural scoring ability that is needed. My opinion would be after this year he will be in Ottawa, if he can play like he did last year....

Old
08-18-2005, 10:36 PM
Ismellofhockey

With Spezza, Vermette and Kelly gone in Binghamton, with Kaigorodov unlikely to play there and Eaves possibly breaking in to the NHL as early as this year, Bochenski will likely be expected to shoulder the offensive load for the B-Sens and how he responds I guess will determine when he breaks the O-Sens.

Old
08-19-2005, 08:50 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

The nice thing about Bochenski is that he's a natural LW, and the Senators have a preponderance on RW at the moment.

Old
08-19-2005, 08:52 AM
Rabid Ranger
Drifter

Bochenski needs a playmaker to be effective, plain and simple. He will fail if he is the "man" on offense. He's the new Bob Kudelski!

Old
08-19-2005, 09:42 AM
Roy G Biv*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger
Bochenski needs a playmaker to be effective, plain and simple. He will fail if he is the "man" on offense. He's the new Bob Kudelski!
I dunno... They've been saying this about him all through his life...

Didn't he do well when Parise left?

Old
08-19-2005, 11:31 AM
sensens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner
I dunno... They've been saying this about him all through his life...
Didn't he do well when Parise left?
Well, I'd say that it's more accurate to say that he did okay before Parise got to North Dakota. Still, he's always seemed to walk into priveledged situations... making the Sioux top line as a rookie (and scoring 32pts in 36GP), then playing with Parise as his centre for two years (60Pts+ each), then walking onto an AHL scoring line with Jason Spezza as his centre during his MVP season and leading all rookies in scoring.

But you have to be lucky to be good, and good to be lucky... at the end of the day he made the cut as a top-line player as a rookie in both the NCAA and the AHL, and has produced at every level that he's played at. Personally, I think you'll see Bochenski bottom out around 50-60pts this year without a true top-line centre for him to play with, but I could very well be wrong.

Old
08-19-2005, 05:22 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I like Bochenski and I think he has a better shot at playing in Ottawa this year than Eaves since Bo played in Bingo last year, with men. As another post said you have to be good to be lucky, how would Bossy have done without Trottier? Every great playmaker needs a sniper who can bury it for them. How many players in our history have the Sens had who couldn"t bury it when given the perfect pass (Muckalt). Bochenski can bury it consistenly, we need that especially in the playoffs.

Bochenski has the size at 6'2" 205 lbs, there's no question he has the skill, he can play either wing and has excelled at evry level. His skating needs to improve along with his defensive lapses but I think he has what it takes to be a very good NHLer.

Havlat - Spezza - Alfredson - this will be an exciting line to watch.
Vermette - Kaigorodov - Hossa - could be an excellent line if Kai comes to NA.
Schaefer - Fisher - Bochenski - IMO Smoke and Varada will get moved.
McGratton - Martins - Neil - we still need to get a bigger and better 4th line centre.

Redden - Volchenkov - if these two gel this could be a very good tandem.
Phillips - Chara - Phillips has to play playoff hockey all year, best tandem in hockey.
Schubert - Pothier - Schubert has the size and skill to replace the de Vries we know
Platil - Meszaros - Malec - it will be interesting to see if Malec at 23 yrs old evolves.

Hasek - Emery - Thompson - it remains to be seen but goal could be our weakest link.

Old
08-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Bytown

Not even close here is what we will have.

Havlat-Spezza-Alfredson
Vermette-Varada-Bochenski
Neil-Martins-Mcgratton

Redden-Volchenkov
Phillips-Chara
De Vries-Pothier

Smokes will be moved yes they will not get rid of varada & de vries they are key.The way you had it we would have a team full of rookies.

Old
08-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Mysterion

Dude you just put in Bockenski and McGratton, both rookies, and left out Hossa, Fisher, Smolinski and Scheafer.

Old
08-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Jared Cowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa420
Dude you just put in Bockenski and McGratton, both rookies, and left out Hossa, Fisher, Smolinski and Scheafer.
...He left out the complete 2nd line...

Closed Thread