HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

NHL Draft June 24-25 2011 - who do you think we will pick up?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-28-2011, 11:10 AM
  #26
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,857
vCash: 500
I'd like to see them get Shane McColgan

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:24 AM
  #27
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I think Landeskog will drop to #4 for the Devils - or the Devils will trade up to get him. I will hate the idea of him going to the Devils; that is why it will happen.
As much as I dislike the Devils, I'd rather see Landeskog go there than Florida or the Isles. At least they'll make him the player he can be. Which is why I bet he ends up in one of the hellholes.

I'm more fearful of the Devils getting Murphy, to be honest. He has the potential to screw the Flyers for years to come, and they need a puck mover in the worst way. A match made in hell if you're a Flyers fan.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 12:59 PM
  #28
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
As much as I dislike the Devils, I'd rather see Landeskog go there than Florida or the Isles. At least they'll make him the player he can be. Which is why I bet he ends up in one of the hellholes. Bite your tongue. Screw the bevs
I'm more fearful of the Devils getting Murphy, to be honest. He has the potential to screw the Flyers for years to come, and they need a puck mover in the worst way. A match made in hell if you're a Flyers fan.
He is a nice player, but he is no Bobby Orr. I am fine with him going there vs Gab.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 01:05 PM
  #29
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
My worst case scenario is Larsson somehow managing to fall to the Devils. He is exactly what they need.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 01:07 PM
  #30
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I think Landeskog will drop to #4 for the Devils - or the Devils will trade up to get him. I will hate the idea of him going to the Devils; that is why it will happen.
I really hope you are wrong here. I just do not see him dropping down to four. RNH is not ready for the NHL and Larsson is nice. But Landeskog will step in and play next year and will do very well. I like Sean too but not as much as Gab. Yep if the bevs want him they are going to have to move up.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 01:08 PM
  #31
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
My worst case scenario is Larsson somehow managing to fall to the Devils. He is exactly what they need.
He is a nice player. But I would rather see him there than Gab.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 01:37 PM
  #32
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
He is a nice player. But I would rather see him there than Gab.
Yeah, I think Landeskog is an overall better player, but the Devils pretty much have no defensemen other than Volchenkov.

Either way, it sucks that the Devils are in the top 5.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 01:51 PM
  #33
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,870
vCash: 500
I'm just hoping the Avs pick up Landeskog. Although I know they need a D-man but they can get one with their 11th pick. It'd be nice to see Duchene, Stastny, and Landeskog.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 01:53 PM
  #34
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
It'll really be interesting to see what Edmonton does. It seems to me like they really need a top-end defensive prospect more than a top-end offensive prospect, but could you imagine Hall-RNH-Paajarvi in five years? Holy ****.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 03:22 PM
  #35
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
I'm just hoping the Avs pick up Landeskog. Although I know they need a D-man but they can get one with their 11th pick. It'd be nice to see Duchene, Stastny, and Landeskog.
That would be a wicked line for years to come.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 03:24 PM
  #36
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
He is a nice player, but he is no Bobby Orr. I am fine with him going there vs Gab.
While I agree he's not Orr (the only other God named Bobby), he's the most dynamic defenseman we've seen in the OHL since Coffey. Whether he can translate that to the NHL is something we'll have to wait to see, but I'd put my money on the kid.

He needs (crosses fingers) another year or two in junior and then whoever drafts him is going to have a lot of fun watching him.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 03:27 PM
  #37
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 107,496
vCash: 6115
I hope Landeskog goes to a team that I don't actively root against, which means he'll likely be drafted by Colorado or New Jersey.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 09:36 AM
  #38
MB94
@MBFarina94
 
MB94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,345
vCash: 500
Came here to post my article on Conz, figured it might interest you guys.

http://mbsbl0g.blogspot.com/2011/05/...-charm_28.html

Let me know your thoughts and feedback. Thanks

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 09:48 AM
  #39
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
Yeah, I think Landeskog is an overall better player, but the Devils pretty much have no defensemen other than Volchenkov.

Either way, it sucks that the Devils are in the top 5.
#5 would have been fine. #4 is killer. They automatically have a chance at Larsson, RNH, Landeskog, or Couturier. I have a feeling Couturier will be the most dominant of the four, and the Devils will likely have a shot at him with the way he's been falling.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 10:15 AM
  #40
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
Would love for us yo grab Conz in the later rounds.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 09:51 AM
  #41
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
Could anyone see us trading Carle for a LATE 1st round pick and player TBD?

Then flipping that to Dallas where ** http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369767 } Nieuwendyk would trade the 14th overall down and look to get their 3rd round pick somewhere....

---------------

So it would look like this:

To Anyone willing:
Carle for a late 1st Rd.


Then -

To Dallas:
late 1st rd and our 3rd

To Flyers:
14th overall and player TBD (perhaps a Dman or just use the free money to sign Hedja)

-------------

I am excited for this offseason and I don't think this would be too much of a stretch... It would be sweet tho.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:08 AM
  #42
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
He is a nice player, but he is no Bobby Orr. I am fine with him going there vs Gabe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
I really hope you are wrong here. I just do not see him dropping down to four. RNH is not ready for the NHL and Larsson is nice. But Landeskog will step in and play next year and will do very well. I like Sean too but not as much as Gabe. Yep if the bevs want him they are going to have to move up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
He is a nice player. But I would rather see him there than Gabe.
Unless they do things different in Sweden, which is probable, the short name of Gabriel is Gabe.

EDIT: Also, I'm not trying to be a dick, just a pet peeve lol

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:51 AM
  #43
kammy
Registered User
 
kammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
We see which player is the most intelligent, and draft him. Then we have him build a time machine so he can go back in time and see to it that Philly drafts Datsyuk.
time travel is impossible.

if it was possible, dont you think people of the future would want to travel back in time to witness famous events? people would want to go back and witness JFK assasination for example to put an end to the mystery once and for all. however we know for a fact that there were not millions of futuristic people wandering the streets in any video recordings of the JFK assasination. no datsyoop for you!

think about it.

kammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:57 AM
  #44
chimrichalds18
the key
 
chimrichalds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kammy View Post
time travel is impossible.

if it was possible, dont you think people of the future would want to travel back in time to witness famous events? people would want to go back and witness JFK assasination for example to put an end to the mystery once and for all. however we know for a fact that there were not millions of futuristic people wandering the streets in any video recordings of the JFK assasination. no datsyoop for you!

think about it.
Unless time travel is what made the assassination possible. Now we know what really happened to badgeman.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 11:54 AM
  #45
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,240
vCash: 500
sean couturier is still going to turn out to be the best player from this draft year.

book it.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 12:11 PM
  #46
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
sean couturier is still going to turn out to be the best player from this draft year.

book it.
It'll be a few years until we know the answer, but my money is on a few others before Couturier.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 12:55 PM
  #47
Fenza
G-Rouxnit
 
Fenza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: State College, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
I'd like to see them get Shane McColgan
That sounds nice.

Fenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.