HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Draft Talk V3.0

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2011, 08:56 AM
ChoseLa

vCash: 500
No Rocco... please i dont want 10% of his first NHL contract to go to a church that brainwash the mind of people. I don't want to think that even a single buck i ever paid this organisation is invested in a church.

Please stay away. We have enough clowns on this team already.

EDIT GOOD GOD

RGrimaldi23 Rocco Grimaldi
Without God our week would be: SINday, MOURNday, TEARSday, WASTEday, THIRSTday, FIGHTday & SHATTEREDday #WeNeedChrist

Last edited by ChoseLa: 05-28-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old
05-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Richiebottles
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
No Rocco... please i dont want 10% of his first NHL contract to go to a church that brainwash the mind of people. I don't want to think that even a single buck i ever paid this organisation is invested in a church.

Please stay away. We have enough clowns on this team already.

EDIT GOOD GOD

RGrimaldi23 Rocco Grimaldi
Without God our week would be: SINday, MOURNday, TEARSday, WASTEday, THIRSTday, FIGHTday & SHATTEREDday #WeNeedChrist
I totally want this guy on our team. Montreal lacks decent people and a guy who can come and spread the Word while being a great hockey player is Amazing.

Old
05-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Protest the Hero

I think the thing that's different about this year is there is no single person almost everyone agrees on. The team could pick about 5-6 different players and I'm sure 90% of us would be happy.

Old
05-28-2011, 12:46 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

LOL guys that's not really him. Relax.

Old
05-28-2011, 01:00 PM
ScopeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
I totally want this guy on our team. Montreal lacks decent people and a guy who can come and spread the Word while being a great hockey player is Amazing.
I admire the guy for being so vocal about his faith. I'm a believer myself and I find it extremely challenging to speak about my beliefs. He sounds like a character guy and a solid teammate but the fact that I agree with his beliefs would probably only be a small factor in whether I'd want to draft him. I agree with the poster who put up the arguments showing that small players are extremely unlikely to be high level performers and therefore, I'd lean towards a guy with some size and power, Christian or not.

Old
05-28-2011, 02:33 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
PK thanked God first when he won the Gold with Canada.

I'm sure Rocco won't upset the room by being a strong hockey player with strong faith.
Agreed. I'm not religious, but there is no indication he would try to "convert" players simply because he's a strong believer. Look at Shane Doan and Mike Fisher. Openly religious but teammates love them.

Now I'm not saying I want him on the team, but to think he's going to be a detriment just because of his strong beliefs is laughable. We got rid of some players because they couldn't handle all the vices of the city, but we would want to turn away a player that is the complete opposite? Makes no sense.

Old
05-28-2011, 02:34 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Really? someone would actually make a fake rocco grimaldi account? I think it is him

Old
05-28-2011, 02:43 PM
ScopeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Really? someone would actually make a fake rocco grimaldi account? I think it is him
It would be consistent with what Wikipedia says about him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocco_Grimaldi

Old
05-28-2011, 02:44 PM
ScopeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Agreed. I'm not religious, but there is no indication he would try to "convert" players simply because he's a strong believer. Look at Shane Doan and Mike Fisher. Openly religious but teammates love them.

Now I'm not saying I want him on the team, but to think he's going to be a detriment just because of his strong beliefs is laughable. We got rid of some players because they couldn't handle all the vices of the city, but we would want to turn away a player that is the complete opposite? Makes no sense.
Iginla is also a devout Christian and is considered by most to be a top 5 captain in the league.

Old
05-28-2011, 02:45 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Thinking about it, the two players I'd want are Grimaldi or Khokhlachev. Jésus m'aime le matin, Jésus m'aime le midi, whatever, he'll probably tone it down and have a good atitude on top of that. Anybody thinks Grimaldi could be converter as a winger ? I think that'd be the best fit for him.

Old
05-28-2011, 03:01 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Sorry but just because Rocco is religious doesn't mean I'm afraid of drafting a potential steal. A lot of people in the NHL are very religious, just some are more reserved then others. I for one think its a breath of fresh air, as long as he doesn't pull a Mueller and decide he might become a priest, if hes a beast on and off the ice, sticks to hockey and shows as much passion with it as with his religion, it makes me want to draft him more.

Old
05-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Marc BargainBin
only on playstation

Send a message via Skype™ to Marc BargainBin
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Thinking about it, the two players I'd want are Grimaldi or Khokhlachev. Jésus m'aime le matin, Jésus m'aime le midi, whatever, he'll probably tone it down and have a good atitude on top of that. Anybody thinks Grimaldi could be converter as a winger ? I think that'd be the best fit for him.
I see what you did there

Anyways I don't want him on the team if he is this huge fundy that tries to convert the team. If he is respectful then I'm all for it as he is an elite player. He could become a winger but depending on our center depth when he makes the team, that shouldn't be an issue.

I think Jensen is the player we need.

Old
05-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Jensen IMO has more bust potential that most people considered at our pick

Old
05-28-2011, 03:32 PM
S Bah

Quote:
The Habs have been drafting Centers for decades and teaching them to play the wings and some vice versa.Easier to train a center to be a winger giving their line two capable faceoff men as a bonus.Guy Lafleur was a center and succeeded as a RW,Jacques Lemaire a LW became a center.Khokhlachev is a Center/LW,very solid on his skates and plays the physical game well.He came over at 5'10 170 and now is 5'10 188 lbs.don't have to worry about signing him as he's already here to play in the NHL.Oozes talent can playmake,play all three zones and can score,drive the net.Don't know much about Grimaldi,can't comment.

Old
05-28-2011, 04:00 PM
katatoniak

I would be happy with one of : Khokhlachev, McNeil, Puempel, Grimaldi or Beaulieu

Old
05-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Marc BargainBin
only on playstation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Jensen IMO has more bust potential that most people considered at our pick
I doubt Grimaldi will be available and a scoring winger would be nice.

You have to risks in the draft, we have enough enough two-way players in our depth chart.

Schiefele, Jensen, Miller, Armia, klefbom, Oleksiak, Puempel are my choices at 17

Jurco, Danault, Namestnikov, Khokhlachev, Martschini are my choices if we move down.

Old
05-28-2011, 04:03 PM
JeromeHP
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
of course thats him what are you talking about ?

Old
05-28-2011, 04:14 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Add Jurco and these would be the guys I'd like the Habs to swing for the fences with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
of course thats him what are you talking about ?
That account seemed a little too much to be real. Who knows...

Old
05-28-2011, 04:17 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard4u2win View Post
I doubt Grimaldi will be available and a scoring winger would be nice.

You have to risks in the draft, we have enough enough two-way players in our depth chart.

Schiefele, Jensen, Miller, Armia, klefbom, Oleksiak, Puempel are my choices at 17

Jurco, Danault, Namestnikov, Khokhlachev, Martschini are my choices if we move down.
If Klefbom is still there Habs better think deeply about the possibility of building one of the best defensive cores in the NHL in a few years.

Old
05-28-2011, 04:22 PM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
If Klefbom is still there Habs better think deeply about the possibility of building one of the best defensive cores in the NHL in a few years.
What's so special about him ?

Old
05-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Marc BargainBin
only on playstation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
What's so special about him ?
He's sorta of weber-lite, him and Brodin are similar to weber-suter

He hasn't been given much attention.

Old
05-28-2011, 05:25 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
If you think being religious means you won't get sucked into the 'Vices' of the city. That is more short sighted then me saying I don't want someone on the team because they are of a strong faith (not what I said, I just don't like religious people who try to push their faith on others, like it or not, Christianity and Religion is the reason for a lot of crusades, deaths and wars through history).
We see things in the news about despicable things Ministers have done. Let us not exaggerate and think that him being a devout Christian will make him stronger willed than anyone else we could draft.

Old
05-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
If you think being religious means you won't get sucked into the 'Vices' of the city. That is more short sighted then me saying I don't want someone on the team because they are of a strong faith (not what I said, I just don't like religious people who try to push their faith on others, like it or not, Christianity and Religion is the reason for a lot of crusades, deaths and wars through history).
We see things in the news about despicable things Ministers have done. Let us not exaggerate and think that him being a devout Christian will make him stronger willed than anyone else we could draft.
Ignorant much ? You put all of the religions in the same boat. So what if we wants to share the good news with his team mates ? That is excellent ? And listen Montreal is a city like any other . It would be amazing to see a guy who has MASSIVE talent come to Montreal and be a star player while doing the right thing. Please stop advocating the opposite of religion it is just getting ridiculous. Plus the choise to tithe is just that a choise. Better that he does that than goes out and plays his carrer earns a bunch of money and goes into depression like many players. He is really well balanced and a kid who is down to earth for once. Let him live and play like he wishes.

Old
05-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Marc BargainBin
only on playstation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Ignorant much ? You put all of the religions in the same boat. So what if we wants to share the good news with his team mates ? That is excellent ? And listen Montreal is a city like any other . It would be amazing to see a guy who has MASSIVE talent come to Montreal and be a star player while doing the right thing. Please stop advocating the opposite of religion it is just getting ridiculous. Plus the choise to tithe is just that a choise. Better that he does that than goes out and plays his carrer earns a bunch of money and goes into depression like many players. He is really well balanced and a kid who is down to earth for once. Let him live and play like he wishes.
It depends on how much it is. If he really thinks if people don't have God they are sinners then i don't want him here. I don't think he does though.

Old
05-28-2011, 06:17 PM
ScopeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard4u2win View Post
It depends on how much it is. If he really thinks if people don't have God they are sinners then i don't want him here. I don't think he does though.
Christians believe all humans, Christian or not, are sinners.

Closed Thread