HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Champion's league final in Rome

Old
05-27-2011, 05:46 PM
HabsByTheBay

vCash: 500
It's a 19:45 kickoff in London, so 11:45 PDT or 2:45 EDT.

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 06:14 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsByTheBay View Post
It's a 19:45 kickoff in London, so 11:45 PDT or 2:45 EDT.
I got confused by them saying 20:45 I guess that's for those in Spain?

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 06:22 PM
HabsByTheBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I got confused by them saying 20:45 I guess that's for those in Spain?
You guess right. Central European Time, which is what pretty much all of western Europe runs on, is one hour ahead of British Summer Time.

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 07:12 PM
phoque taupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
There is no particular 'bad' time to start drinking
qft
you can now lock this thread

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Man, the RDS crew is doing a good job. I like it.

Not to mention, the RDS feed is ahead of the Sportsnet one and the Fox one.

EDIT: btw, it should be the same during the Stanley Cup Finals too. (I mean their feed ahead)

Last edited by Fel 96: 05-28-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 03:14 PM
habdynasty

This looks like a complete mismatch,

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 03:15 PM
LeHab

1-0

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Tie game!

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 03:21 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by persh View Post
1-0
1-1 now

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Miller Time

barca!!!

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 04:42 PM
NewHabsEra*

WTF?? There was no game.. Barcelona players were alone on the ground, thats a hell of soccer machine but there was just no opposition..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 04:48 PM
PhysicX

Hard to find any opposition to that team! Simply the best possession team there is at the moment and maybe even in the history of the sport... It's pure brilliance and skill

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 04:57 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

This is not the ManU I knew when I was a "wee lad." And Barca, wow. Can they keep this going as a dynasty? That core is getting older (maybe not Messi), so it should be interesting.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
This is not the ManU I knew when I was a "wee lad." And Barca, wow. Can they keep this going as a dynasty? That core is getting older (maybe not Messi), so it should be interesting.
They are not that old just yet. They still have alot of talent up and coming but as long as xavi and iniesta are patrolling the midfield and messi is still around, they will always be a force.

They made the EPL champions in Utd looks like West Ham today. I suggest that all football fans savor these moments because you will likely never see a team like this in your lifetime again.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:35 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
They are not that old just yet. They still have alot of talent up and coming but as long as xavi and iniesta are patrolling the midfield and messi is still around, they will always be a force.

They made the EPL champions in Utd looks like West Ham today. I suggest that all football fans savor these moments because you will likely never see a team like this in your lifetime again.
If Roy Keane was on the pitch, this would have been an entirely different match, promise you that much.

Come on, what did people expect, Carrick and Giggs patrolling the middle of the pitch against Xavi and Iniesta? Talk about a mismatch. Carrick doesn't belong on the same pitch as Xavi and Iniesta and Giggsy is 37 and a natural winger.

Man Utd need to spend some money this offseason to buy 1-2 midfielders, specially now that Scholes is retiring ... somebody like Sneijder would be perfect. And I would look for a defensive midfielder or at least a midfielder that can tackle, like Danielle de Rossi or Torsten Frings or Sami Khedira ..

Only then would they be able to challenge Barcelona .. a midfield of Sneijder - De Rossi or Sneijder - Khedira with Park/Nani/Valencia/Giggs on the wings

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:38 PM
HomaridII

Quote:

And BTW

While they are a great great great team to watch, Barcelona only made the final because of two phantom red cards, they were on the way to losing to both Arsenal and Real Madrid.

The amazing Messi was a no-show until Pepe was red carded in that game.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
And BTW

While they are a great great great team to watch, Barcelona only made the final because of two phantom red cards, they were on the way to losing to both Arsenal and Real Madrid.

The amazing Messi was a no-show until Pepe was red carded in that game.
Yeah, and barca should have never beaten chelsea in 09 either when they went on beat utd in the finals 2-0. I hear this stuff all the time. There's always going to be controversial plays to lead up to your run. It only gets magnified when the best teams take advantage of them.

But the way this team holds possession, and they way they pounce like a pack wolves if the ball is lost is a real spectacle to watch and its the kind of football that wont be around forever.

I've been savoring this team for the last 3 years and its truly the golden era for Spanish football right now. Obviously, they have a heavy influence from the barca squad and they are also defending euro and world cup champions.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Manchester need Alexis Sanchez type of guy....

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 03:53 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Yeah, and barca should have never beaten chelsea in 09 either when they went on beat utd in the finals 2-0. I hear this stuff all the time. There's always going to be controversial plays to lead up to your run. It only gets magnified when the best teams take advantage of them.

But the way this team holds possession, and they way they pounce like a pack wolves if the ball is lost is a real spectacle to watch and its the kind of football that wont be around forever.

I've been savoring this team for the last 3 years and its truly the golden era for Spanish football right now. Obviously, they have a heavy influence from the barca squad and they are also defending euro and world cup champions.
Indeed, by far the better team I ever saw.. I was looking at the most titled teams and was surprised to see Madrid with 9 titles.. The french foot really sucks lol, only 1 tittle, Marseille I think..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 04:35 AM
Traitor8

That was a disgraceful performance by Manchester United. We all know Barcelona is good but common ...MANY teams looked much better than United did tonight especially Arsenal and Real Madrid.

How are you in a CL final and you have Scholes, Giggs and Park on the field at the same time .. that was hilarious. They actually thought they would be able to win the ball back and hold possession ..common !

The way to beat Barcelona is to play a strong defensive team and have brilliant counter attack (like Inter Milan did last year). Barcelona is a very strong team but hardly unbeatable especially when you don't have Puyol playing and replacing him with Masherano ...common where were the crosses in the box ..where was the height ..you had BERBATOV sitting down ..he could of bullied Masherano.

Look at the counter on the 2nd and 3rd goals for Inter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMAiu...layer_embedded

Last edited by Traitor8: 05-29-2011 at 04:41 AM.
Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 10:25 AM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
If Roy Keane was on the pitch, this would have been an entirely different match, promise you that much.

Come on, what did people expect, Carrick and Giggs patrolling the middle of the pitch against Xavi and Iniesta? Talk about a mismatch. Carrick doesn't belong on the same pitch as Xavi and Iniesta and Giggsy is 37 and a natural winger.

Man Utd need to spend some money this offseason to buy 1-2 midfielders, specially now that Scholes is retiring ... somebody like Sneijder would be perfect. And I would look for a defensive midfielder or at least a midfielder that can tackle, like Danielle de Rossi or Torsten Frings or Sami Khedira ..

Only then would they be able to challenge Barcelona .. a midfield of Sneijder - De Rossi or Sneijder - Khedira with Park/Nani/Valencia/Giggs on the wings
exactly

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote