HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL Part XIV Van-Bos. Game 7 Edition (D.Sedin Guarantees win)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-28-2011, 05:42 AM
  #176
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,837
vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
Agree. Wasn't THAT impressed with him when he played in sweden, he has no edge. I'd have taken Erik Karlsson over him every day in the week.
To be fair Karlsson would be taken over a LOT of younger NHL d men lol.

Kid is something special.

Scottyk9 is online now  
Old
05-28-2011, 07:37 AM
  #177
Dustin Peener
The real Iceman
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 53,684
vCash: 5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Those who hate the canucks...I'm just curious where it's coming from? Thanks.
I was thinking the same thing, what makes them such an unlikable team? And I don't get whats wrong with Luongo? Are you guys just bitter because his team beat USA in the Olympics?

Dustin Peener is offline  
Old
05-28-2011, 08:03 AM
  #178
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,432
vCash: 500
everytime I see Horton score big goals I think FLA is on crack moving the guy especially for the return they got. Weiss is likely next. The Frolik deal seemed not so great too

Vitto79 is online now  
Old
05-28-2011, 08:14 AM
  #179
Dustin Peener
The real Iceman
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 53,684
vCash: 5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
everytime I see Horton score big goals I think FLA is on crack moving the guy especially for the return they got. Weiss is likely next. The Frolik deal seemed not so great too
Don't forget the Luongo trade

Dustin Peener is offline  
Old
05-28-2011, 09:19 AM
  #180
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
I have a much bigger problem with Boston fan base than Nucks. I feel as if the canucks are a non issue for us since we handled them in 94 so I rather them win instead of a original 6 BOSTON team. Never liked any of the Boston teams in any sport.

hpNYR is offline  
Old
05-28-2011, 09:21 AM
  #181
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy3413 View Post
I was thinking the same thing, what makes them such an unlikable team? And I don't get whats wrong with Luongo? Are you guys just bitter because his team beat USA in the Olympics?
I don't like the Nucks but I hate Boston more.

My dislike for the Nucks has nothing to do with Luongo. It's the Sedins. They play the game like a bunch of girls. They get nudged and they flop to the ice. Bunch of babies. Also, I think it was kind of lame how they refused to play on different teams. Wah wah, I can't be without my brother, wah.

beastly115 is offline  
Old
05-28-2011, 09:31 AM
  #182
Loffen
Hadouken!
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 18,819
vCash: 500
1-0 loss? Really, Bolts!? The ****.

Go Nucks Go

Loffen is offline  
Old
05-28-2011, 10:38 AM
  #183
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
I don't like the Nucks but I hate Boston more.

My dislike for the Nucks has nothing to do with Luongo. It's the Sedins. They play the game like a bunch of girls. They get nudged and they flop to the ice. Bunch of babies. Also, I think it was kind of lame how they refused to play on different teams. Wah wah, I can't be without my brother, wah.
lmao yea i hate the sedins, but boy id love kesler ehrhoff or bieksa on the rangers.. good thing the 2 dman are UFA...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
05-28-2011, 11:32 AM
  #184
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
I don't like the Nucks but I hate Boston more.
Hate boston everything. Hate their teams. Hate their accents. Hate their politics. Hate their politicians. Hate their criminals. Hate their baked beans.

I didn't want to see the canucks win because it was kind of cool that their most nostalgic memories of their team was losing to the Rangers in 1994. But now we have no choice.

Beat boston.

Mr Atoz* is offline  
Old
05-28-2011, 11:36 AM
  #185
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 10,038
vCash: 500
I think this will end in 5 games. Vancouver is too ****ing good.

Agreed on Hedman as well. You could see it at the WJC during his draft year. Lacks a sense or urgency, playing with zero edge. People are going to be disappointed with Larsson too. They are very similar in my opinion pre draft.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now  
Old
05-28-2011, 12:54 PM
  #186
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer
 
Whoot Whoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,713
vCash: 500
An encouraging thought: Thomas and Luongo - two elite goaltenders make it to the finals.

Whoot Whoot is offline  
Old
05-28-2011, 12:59 PM
  #187
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz
 
McDonagh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,505
vCash: 500
Why do you guys always diss Canadians?

It goes both ways, there are reasons to dislike SOME Canadian fans, and there are reasons to dislike SOME American fans.

The reason I don't want the Canucks to win is because all of the non-die hard Canadian hockey fans who can't name anyone on the team aside from Luongo, the Sedins, and Kesler are all acting as if they were Canuck fans all along. I don't want the Bruins to win because they are the Bruins.

McDonagh is online now  
Old
05-28-2011, 03:36 PM
  #188
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,040
vCash: 500
I'm torn between my hatred of Boston, and the fact that i'd love for Pevs to get his name on the Stanley cup. Was always a huge dream of his.

He'd be the first SLU player to get it, but not the first in an organization, as someone named Mike Keenan did it as a coach back in the 90's sometime.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline  
Old
05-28-2011, 05:18 PM
  #189
NYRSchrute217
Registered User
 
NYRSchrute217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I'm torn between my hatred of Boston, and the fact that i'd love for Pevs to get his name on the Stanley cup. Was always a huge dream of his.

He'd be the first SLU player to get it, but not the first in an organization, as someone named Mike Keenan did it as a coach back in the 90's sometime.
Peverley is awesome. Very useful role player for the Thrashers for a few years and now Boston.

How many years did you play with him at SLU, Fitzy?

NYRSchrute217 is offline  
Old
05-28-2011, 06:01 PM
  #190
Dustin Peener
The real Iceman
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 53,684
vCash: 5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
An encouraging thought: Thomas and Luongo - two elite goaltenders make it to the finals.
Yeah, now hopefully there won't be any "we don't need Lundqvist elite goalies never win cups trade him for cap space!" posts. I remember watching the finals last year while talking to a friend on facebook who is a "casual" fan, and he said to me "Leighton and Niemi are both great goaltenders" and I was like

Dustin Peener is offline  
Old
05-28-2011, 06:04 PM
  #191
Alvvays
Man Girardi
 
Alvvays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 60,213
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I think this will end in 5 games. Vancouver is too ****ing good.

Agreed on Hedman as well. You could see it at the WJC during his draft year. Lacks a sense or urgency, playing with zero edge. People are going to be disappointed with Larsson too. They are very similar in my opinion pre draft.
Carbon copy of Jay Bouwmeester. Physical gifts out the wazoo, but soft and has no intensity in his game.

__________________
Soon.
Alvvays is offline  
Old
05-28-2011, 06:07 PM
  #192
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,557
vCash: 500
Yeah except he's only 20.

Let's wait a little before calling him a scrub, no?

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
05-28-2011, 06:53 PM
  #193
Sticky Fingers
Hayes dangle
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
To be fair Karlsson would be taken over a LOT of younger NHL d men lol.

Kid is something special.
He sure is. The comparison I made was because there was such a hype on Hedman when he was playing in Modo, Sweden. I never really got it. To me he never stood out as a future super star. Erik Karlsson always have, to me anyway. And I think he'll end up top-10 in the league.

Sticky Fingers is online now  
Old
05-28-2011, 07:01 PM
  #194
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,544
vCash: 500
I'm rooting for Vancouver all the way--especially with Manny cleared to play.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now  
Old
05-28-2011, 07:07 PM
  #195
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,730
vCash: 500
Going for Boston (they'll win it in 6).

I actually like both teams but some of the Nucks fans on this site have been so annoying throughout the season that it has turned me against them....

mike14 is offline  
Old
05-28-2011, 07:27 PM
  #196
Alvvays
Man Girardi
 
Alvvays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 60,213
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
He sure is. The comparison I made was because there was such a hype on Hedman when he was playing in Modo, Sweden. I never really got it. To me he never stood out as a future super star. Erik Karlsson always have, to me anyway. And I think he'll end up top-10 in the league.
Remember that game he played against the Rangers where we lost 2-1 in the shootout? He was amazing. Every time he had the puck my stomach went into a knot.

Alvvays is offline  
Old
05-28-2011, 08:06 PM
  #197
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 16,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Canadian fan base. Luongo. etc.
Well, I cannot really agree with your statement about Canadian fans. Too general.

Vancouver is pretty smug. You have to realize that even if hockey did not exist, lots of Canadians would not want to see Vancouver win anything. It could be called sour grapes perhaps, but I really do not care.
I think Luongo is overrated and pampered. The Canucks are now a real team though. I'm not knocking them at all, but I am really sick of the never-ending Eastern Conference is crap attitude from Canucks fans. I would love to see them go down just to see their boat rocked.

trilobyte is offline  
Old
05-28-2011, 09:18 PM
  #198
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,657
vCash: 50
my bad just been really busy so to the mod that fixed the title thank you

Edit: I updated the OP post as well


Last edited by Swept In Seven: 05-28-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Swept In Seven is online now  
Old
05-28-2011, 09:19 PM
  #199
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,657
vCash: 50
I want the Nucks to win here I ****ing hate Boston, especially Horton he is such a pos

Swept In Seven is online now  
Old
05-28-2011, 09:30 PM
  #200
t3hg00se
Registered User
 
t3hg00se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,398
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Vancouver is pretty smug. You have to realize that even if hockey did not exist, lots of Canadians would not want to see Vancouver win anything. It could be called sour grapes perhaps, but I really do not care.
I think Luongo is overrated and pampered. The Canucks are now a real team though. I'm not knocking them at all, but I am really sick of the never-ending Eastern Conference is crap attitude from Canucks fans. I would love to see them go down just to see their boat rocked.
Pretty much. I just want to see them go down so bad.

t3hg00se is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.