HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Artem Anisimov contract

Old
05-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 50
I see him getting 2.1 for 2 years

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:47 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I'm reasonably certain that he means 3.5 mil over 2 years, not per year. Dubi got 3.7 over 2 years in his 2nd contract. Artie put up similar numbers, so should get a similar contract.
Agreed, same deal as Dubi.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 05:48 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Apparently $2.1M will be Berglund's first year salary and then slightly more in 12-13.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 05:52 AM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Apparently $2.1M will be Berglund's first year salary and then slightly more in 12-13.
Seems about right. Berglund has shown flashes, but he hasn't been consistent offensively, as of yet. He has #1 center potential, though. I could see that second year being an upwards of $3MM, although I wouldn't expect that. Probably $2.4MM-$2.6MM.

05-29-2011, 08:16 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Is there a reason everone is locked on a 2 year deal that I'm missing?

Artie seems to love NY, the Russian kids usually do, Torts, for all his criticisms of Artie has also praised him often and played him in some important situations. I could picture a longer deal with him, unless I'm missing something, the organization has been very happy with his development and could probably lock him up at a bargain. He admitted himself last year that his game isn't where he expects it to be when he was talking about other russians in the league he'd like to be compared to one day.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:19 AM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

He's coming off his ELC. You usually don't see long terms deals in the situation that Anisimov is in. He's young, and he has the potential to inflate his value over the next 2/3 years, possibly up to ~$4.5MM per year. He's not going to give up potentially large paydays to take a long term deal now, IMO.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 09:41 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
He's coming off his ELC. You usually don't see long terms deals in the situation that Anisimov is in. He's young, and he has the potential to inflate his value over the next 2/3 years, possibly up to ~$4.5MM per year. He's not going to give up potentially large paydays to take a long term deal now, IMO.
Thanks for that, I did consider it a little, but some guys just seem to really like the security and comfort of knowing where their gonna be. AA seems like one of those guys to me, he's not brash or emotional, he's a quiet workhorse, I could really see him forgoing some cash for security in a place he's comfortable. I know guys rarely leave money on the table, but some do, he seems like the type.

Old
05-29-2011, 09:43 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Eh it's not so much that you don't see those kind of deals, but that Sather really doesn't like them. He likes giving out the short second contracts for less money with the idea that if the guy earns it, he'll get his payday on the next contract. I think agents have been trying to push for the big, longterm second contract and for guys like Anisimov and Dubinsky, etc, it doesn't make sense to give them a huge contract for what you think they might be able to do in the future

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 10:31 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Thanks for that, I did consider it a little, but some guys just seem to really like the security and comfort of knowing where their gonna be. AA seems like one of those guys to me, he's not brash or emotional, he's a quiet workhorse, I could really see him forgoing some cash for security in a place he's comfortable. I know guys rarely leave money on the table, but some do, he seems like the type.
The problem with signing him to a longer term deal now is that it will inflate his cap hit.

Let's say for example that we sign him for 2 year at 2 mil per year now, then when that contract is up, we re-sign him for 4 years at 4 mil per.

Or, we could sign him now for 6 years at 3 mil per.

The 2nd option is an overpayment now, but could turn out to be a bargain in the later years if Artie continues to develop. The 1st option is a bargain now, but he will cost us more later if he develops.

It's a bit of a gamble on the parts of both the GM and the player. Sather doesn't usually give out more than 2 years on the second contract. The only players who have gotten more than 2 years are Staal and Lundqvist (sort of...he signed a 1 year deal then signed a 6 year extension the following January). Basically, the only 2 players who had progressed enough by the end of their ELCs that signing them long term wasn't much of a gamble.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:03 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
The problem with signing him to a longer term deal now is that it will inflate his cap hit.

Let's say for example that we sign him for 2 year at 2 mil per year now, then when that contract is up, we re-sign him for 4 years at 4 mil per.

Or, we could sign him now for 6 years at 3 mil per.

The 2nd option is an overpayment now, but could turn out to be a bargain in the later years if Artie continues to develop. The 1st option is a bargain now, but he will cost us more later if he develops.

It's a bit of a gamble on the parts of both the GM and the player. Sather doesn't usually give out more than 2 years on the second contract. The only players who have gotten more than 2 years are Staal and Lundqvist (sort of...he signed a 1 year deal then signed a 6 year extension the following January). Basically, the only 2 players who had progressed enough by the end of their ELCs that signing them long term wasn't much of a gamble.
All good and true points but we don't know what AA and his Agent think he's worth. If he'll sign for 4yrs/9 mill I think we'd be crazy not to do it, and he's only be 27 coming off, not like he's giving up his best years.

I guess I'll I'm trying to say is its getting nerve racking having to resign players we really like every 2 yrs while we navigate horrendous veteran contracts...

wishful thinking on my part I know, but maybe this summer things become different.

Old
05-29-2011, 12:33 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
All good and true points but we don't know what AA and his Agent think he's worth. If he'll sign for 4yrs/9 mill I think we'd be crazy not to do it, and he's only be 27 coming off, not like he's giving up his best years.

I guess I'll I'm trying to say is its getting nerve racking having to resign players we really like every 2 yrs while we navigate horrendous veteran contracts...

wishful thinking on my part I know, but maybe this summer things become different.
Artie and his agent will base their demands on what other comparable players have gotten in the past. His agent isn't going to sell him short.

4 years 9 mil would be great, but I doubt he'd sign for that, and Slats wouldn't offer a 4 year contract because that would take Artie right to free agency. If he offers a long term deal, it will be at least 5 years. More likely it will be 2 years, like most of the others have been.

Old
05-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:

In two years we won't have any nasty contracts left unless Sather makes another blunder so it really doesn't matter. Signing them to two years is fair to both parties it let's the team save a little money and gives the player a chance to prove himself. I'd also think it is good motivation for the player.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 07:25 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Don't get me wrong, everything you guys have said makes logical sense and I guess 2 years is the likelyhood, but I'd like to finally see some guys locked up long term

Old
05-29-2011, 08:53 PM
xxxZENxxx

Restricted free agency allows Sather to sign these young players to 2 or 3 year deals and still have bargaining power over them (for the most part). There really is little reason to sign AA or Sauer to long term contracts. Cally and Dubi are different, because of arbitration and unrestricted free agency coming up relatively soon.

My guess is that Cally gets 5/6 years, Dubi gets 4/5, while AA & Sauer get 2/3.

Last edited by xxxZENxxx: 05-30-2011 at 08:41 AM.
xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:56 PM
xxxZENxxx

I would assume that AA's deal will be the easiest to get done (cap hit between 1.7-1.9). I can see Cally & Dubi's being a bit difficult because of the financial commitment and length. While both Boyle and Sauer's negotiations could get very interesting, as I wouldn't put it past Sather to play heavy duty hardball with both.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:12 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

I would hope they lock up many of the younger "core" players on multi year deals if for no other reason than to tie Sather's hand on UFA offer sheets

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 01:37 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Berglund got 2 years/$4.5M

Quote:
Berglund's contract is $4.5 million over 2 years.
https://twitter.com/#!/jprutherford/...09450706239490

Quote:
BERGLUND gets 2.1 in year 2.4 year two
https://twitter.com/#!/andystricklan...16519563911168

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 01:39 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Excellent contract for St. Louis.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 01:54 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Didn't see this posted anywhere:

http://bluelinestation.com/2011/06/0...rtem-anisimov/

Quote:
Artie also received some recognition for his fine season from his Russian peers, earning 2 3rd place votes for the Kharlamov Trophy, the NHL award for the best Russian forward. The eventual winner, Red Wings center Pavel Datsyuk, was one of the players to give Anisimov a vote. The significance here is Datsyuk is Anisimov’s role model if you will for what type of player he’d like to become and to receive a vote from him must be a high honor for Anisimov and possibly a motivational tool to use in his development.

Old
06-08-2011, 02:03 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Red Wings center Pavel Datsyuk, was one of the players to give Anisimov a vote
That's ****ing great. I truly believe Arty can become a 60 point poor man's Datsyuk in his prime. Good with the puck, very smart defensively.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 10:58 PM
The Mouth

Mike Rupp comes to Rangers 5 years at 1.4 per book it.

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:19 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
I could see it, but not for 5 years. 2 or 3.

Quote:
Didn't see this posted anywhere:

http://bluelinestation.com/2011/06/0...rtem-anisimov/
Artie also received some recognition for his fine season from his Russian peers, earning 2 3rd place votes for the Kharlamov Trophy, the NHL award for the best Russian forward. The eventual winner, Red Wings center Pavel Datsyuk, was one of the players to give Anisimov a vote. The significance here is Datsyuk is Anisimov’s role model if you will for what type of player he’d like to become and to receive a vote from him must be a high honor for Anisimov and possibly a motivational tool to use in his development.
You know how you already know that Anisimov is a keeper? The very fact that he wants to model his play after the best all-around hockey player in the game tells you that he understands what the most effective way to play the sport is, and that's more than you can say about a great deal of NHLers.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:25 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
I'd flip if they signed rupp to 5 years.

I don't want him till he's 36

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:26 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Would not mind that at all. We always want a fighter, but with Rupp he can play the game, fight and is nasty, id actually be very happy with him as a NYR.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:05 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

ok inflation, you win.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote