Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Arenas in Extra Liga

Old
05-29-2011, 08:49 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Arenas in Extra Liga

I look at the website of HC Kladno. Where stated a spectator capacity of 8600 spectators. Of these, only 1600 seats, the rest standing? Is this is the situation in the rest of the Czech Republic.
In Slovakia at the World Championships, we could see great great venues such as Steal Arena in Kosice and Orange Arena in Bratislava.
Do they have better venues in the Slovak League than in the Czech extra league?

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 10:44 AM
zorz

vCash: 500
hehe, no. Just Kladno is probably the poorest club in the league. They have financial problems year after year, so it's not surprising they don't have the best arena in the world. On the other hand Steel arena and Nepela arena are probably two best in Slovakia (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Mirinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
I look at the website of HC Kladno. Where stated a spectator capacity of 8600 spectators. Of these, only 1600 seats, the rest standing? Is this is the situation in the rest of the Czech Republic.
In Slovakia at the World Championships, we could see great great venues such as Steal Arena in Kosice and Orange Arena in Bratislava.
quality of hockey stadiums or arenas here in the czech rep. is surprisingly high ... many teams have new (Karlovy vary, Liberec, Slavia etc.) or reconstructed arenas (Pardubice, Plzeň, České Budějovice, Brno, Vítkovice etc.)

Kladno and Litvinov have probably one of the worst (and oldest) stadiums in CZE

even teams from lower league (1. liga) like KLH Chomutov for example have absolutely new arenas

Quote:
I look at the website of HC Kladno. Where stated a spectator capacity of 8600 spectators. Of these, only 1600 seats, the rest standing? Is this is the situation in the rest of the Czech Republic. I
and it's traditional here to keep few % of capacity for stading for core fans who are doing the atmosphere (even in new arenas) ...

Quote:
IIHF WCH in 2015 will be held again in Prague and Ostrava .. same cities and arenas as in year 2004

O2 arena in Prague with 17.000 seats (home arena of HC Slavia Prague) and ČEZ arena in Ostrava with 9550 seats (home arena of HC Vítkovice)

O2 arena

ČEZ arena

Quote:
I don't know about any new arena in Slovakia

Last edited by Mirinho: 05-29-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 12:28 PM
lukkas

Quote:
No, we do not. These are only arenas Slovakia have built in last 20 years. Other arenas are mostly in really bad shape.

These are some pictures of arenas where Extraliga was played this season. The last one was temporary arena of Slovan while Zimny Stadion Ondreja Nepelu was in reconstruction

lukkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Swipes

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinho View Post
Kladno and Litvinov have probably one of the worst (and oldest) stadiums in CZE
Yes, the Litvinov stadium is pretty bad, but the atmosphere is awesome because it's so small and packed full of people- especially during the playoffs. The oldest ice hockey stadium is the one in Chomutov (the old one). Then I think it's the Litvinov one. Hopefully Litvajs can get some money for a new stadium, but judging how poor the region is, it seems unlikely.....

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Mirinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Yes, the Litvinov stadium is pretty bad, but the atmosphere is awesome because it's so small and packed full of people- especially during the playoffs. The oldest ice hockey stadium is the one in Chomutov (the old one). Then I think it's the Litvinov one. Hopefully Litvajs can get some money for a new stadium, but judging how poor the region is, it seems unlikely.....
old stadium in Chomutov will be history in few days ... http://m.denik.cz/mobile/chomutovsky...clanek/1220301 ... there will be new Interspar (hypermarket) instead of stadium

Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Swipes

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinho View Post
old stadium in Chomutov will be history in few days ... http://m.denik.cz/mobile/chomutovsky...clanek/1220301 ... there will be new Interspar (hypermarket) instead of stadium
Oh and I was skating there last chistmas as well......oh well.

They are also demolishing Štvanice (which is the oldest stadium in cz, so I was wrong) which is a shame cos in 2000 it was made a cultural monument. Sad times.

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej/...-rika-gut.html

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Zlin's arena is an old one as well, but I really like it!

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote