HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

3rd Line Center to STL

Old
05-29-2011, 05:08 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
We dont need a 3rd line center but some people want one. In my view Oshie is our 3rd line center.

Perron - Berglund - Stewart
McDonald - Backes - D'Agostini
Steen - Oshie - FA
I honestly think we would be fine with
Perron Berglund Stewart
McDonald Backes Oshie
Steen McRea D'Aogstini

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 05:09 PM
sabresfan123*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Please, learn how to spell and use the word "definitely" in it's proper context.
Grammar Nazi!!!

Can you spell every word in the dictionary properly? Or only correct the ones you know?

sabresfan123* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Guitpik

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Not sure if sarcastic but yes. His previous two NHL seasons he topped the 50 points mark. Did he have an awful season this year? Absolutely.

Do I think he will bounce back next year? Defiantly. I would say he should get at least 40. 50 is also possible for him.
I was just being a complete smart-ass. No offense, buddy.

Guitpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 05:11 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
I honestly think we would be fine with
Perron Berglund Stewart
McDonald Backes Oshie
Steen McRea D'Aogstini
Id be ok with that too. But Id prefer to have McRae develop a little more in Peoria, I dont think he looked ready last year, not out of place but just not there yet. JMO

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 05:12 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Done. No takebacks.
Agreed. That's just about the perfect player for the Blues IMO, and the perfect deal for him.

Don't think it would be a hit with most Leafs fans, though.

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Leafssss

Quote:
We dont need a 3rd line center but some people want one. In my view Oshie is our 3rd line center.

McDonald - Backes - D'Agostini
Steen - Oshie - FA
I think your limiting Oshie by placing him on the 3rd line. He's more of a winger as well, and D'agostini is more of a 3rd liner.

My view:

Oshie - McDonald - Backes
Steen - The 3rd line centre that you need and that this thread is made for - D'agostini

You also have good one guys like Schwartz who can step in to the third line centre and develop there, or maybe even make a line of composed of Steen, D'agostini and Tarasenko and see how that does.

Leafssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 05:14 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Quote:
Id be ok with that too. But Id prefer to have McRae develop a little more in Peoria, I dont think he looked ready last year, not out of place but just not there yet. JMO
I agree. McRae will definitely play in the NHL but he needs a bit more time in the AHL first.

Old
05-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Leafssss

Can you guys tell me about Beukeboom? Cause it seems that my Bozak + 4th/5th offer for him looks like a steal, lol.

Old
05-29-2011, 05:16 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafssss View Post
I think your limiting Oshie by placing him on the 3rd line. He's more of a winger as well, and D'agostini is more of a 3rd liner.

My view:

Steen - The 3rd line centre that you need and that this thread is made for - D'agostini

You also have good one guys like Schwartz who can step in to the third line centre and develop there, or maybe even make a line of composed of Steen, D'agostini and Tarasenko and see how that does.
Tarasenko is staying in the KHL and Schwartz is going back to CC.

Old
05-29-2011, 05:21 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

Quote:
Can you guys tell me about Beukeboom? Cause it seems that my Bozak + 4th/5th offer for him looks like a steal, lol.
I honestly dont know much about him, we acquired him in the Brewer trade at the deadline. I know his season ended short with a concussion, here is this.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/brock_beukeboom

Old
05-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
I think Stajan is almost better in every catergory than Bozak and could be had for the same cost or less. But I can totally understand why the Blues would not want him because of his cap hit. However, they absolutely have the room and like I said earlier his contract will go down significantly after next season. But offensively Stajan is much better than Bozak and he is just as good in the FO's. I think most Leaf fans would back up my comments as well.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Leafssss

If not Beukeboom, what about a deal like this:

Bozak
Jesse Blacker (PMD prospect, 5th in OHL dman scoring)
Toronto 2nd 2011 (39th overall)

for

Kevin Shattenkirk

Old
05-29-2011, 05:30 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

Quote:

Bozak

for

Kevin Shattenkirk
Blues pass on this quite easily

Old
05-29-2011, 05:31 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:

Bozak

for

Kevin Shattenkirk
LoL no shattenkirk is not available

Old
05-29-2011, 05:35 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Quote:

My view:

The Blues spread the ES minutes between the top three lines very evenly, and Oshie will probably end up the top forward in TOI by the end of the season (certainly top 3) after his PP and PK time is added in. Minutes aren't a problem.

Nor is he really being "limited" by the quality of his linemates, especially once Tarasenko comes over. The Blues players haven't developed to the point where they have a lot of top line guys (yet), but it's no stretch of the imagination to think that they could have 8 or 9 legitimate top 6 guys. I think most fans envision them rolling the equivalent of three #2 lines next year with an energy/checking line sprinkled in here and there.

Also, FYI, McDonald won't be playing center for the Blues...he hasn't for the vast majority of his time here...and Oshie does many things well but playing LW isn't one of them. Unless the Blues acquire a top line center somehow, Backes and Berglund are pretty much entrenched in those roles. Sprinkle in McDonald, Steen, and (hopefully) Perron on the LW with Stewart, D'Agostini, and Crombeen on the RW and Oshie either at C or RW depending on what happens this offseason and that's pretty much the Blues for 2012.

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 05-29-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old
05-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I think Stajan is almost better in every catergory than Bozak and could be had for the same cost or less. But I can totally understand why the Blues would not want him because of his cap hit. However, they absolutely have the room and like I said earlier his contract will go down significantly after next season. But offensively Stajan is much better than Bozak and he is just as good in the FO's. I think most Leaf fans would back up my comments as well.
nope, Bozak is much better than Stajan and is going to be around 2-2.5 million cheaper

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 05:38 PM
BigHabs

Montreal

Desharnais
Pouliot/Weber

for

St Louis

Polak
Beach

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 05:40 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I respectfully disagree.

And it doesn't matter what happens "after next season" with his contract. Next season still happens, and that's an immediate deal-breaker with the Blues ownership situation as it is.

Old
05-29-2011, 05:44 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
Montreal

Desharnais
Pouliot/Weber

for

St Louis

Polak
Beach
I very much doubt the Blues would be interested in moving a current roster player to acquire a 3rd line center in this situation. Certainly not Polak.

Old
05-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Backlund

vCash: 1263
Stajan for a 7th

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
nope, Bozak is much better than Stajan and is going to be around 2-2.5 million cheaper
Which would assume that Burke would be able to resign him for 1.25-1.5 million which would be great value if he could get that done. However, I have to disagree in that I think Stajan is just as good defensively as Bozak is, and is definitely better offensively. However, I like Bozak's game and think he plays with better energy than Stajan does.

Old
05-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Primakov!

If a player like T.J. Oshie was available maybe the Kings could put together a package with a player like Jarret Stoll?

As a comparison, Stoll won 753/1310 during the regular season at a 57.5% clip.

Tyler Bozak won 787/1441 at 54.6% and Matt Stajan won 436/845 for a 51.6% faceoff percentage.

Then again, the Blues would be smart to just keep all of their assets and just sign a guy like Eric Belanger as an unrestricted free agent instead.

Belanger won 717/1297 -- a 55.3% winning rate.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
I respectfully disagree.

And it doesn't matter what happens "after next season" with his contract. Next season still happens, and that's an immediate deal-breaker with the Blues ownership situation as it is.
Absolutely true, and that is going to be a huge turnoff to most GM's if Feaster tries to shop Stajan and I'm sure he will. It is highly likely that we are stuck with him until next season.

Personally, I think Stajan is a good player and great teammate. But I do not want him on the Flames at all. He is going to be our 4th line centre next season and he just makes way too dam much money for that. I would let him go for a 7th round pick, although that is not fair value for what he brings. Despite my dislike for him, I still think he could be a good player on a lot of teams. Will be interesting to see what happens with him.

Old
05-29-2011, 05:56 PM
HooliganX2

The Blues are not looking to move any roster players or high end prospects for a 3rd line center. 2nd round picks or midlevel prospects is what they would be willing to give. IMO the Blues have no need to trade for a 3rd line center. I would be perfectly happy starting the season with McRae or Sobotka as our 3rd line center to start the season. I would be fine with playing someone else as a 4th line center with Crombeen and Reaves.

Old
05-29-2011, 06:02 PM
Freudian
Ready for some hokey

I wouldn't object to sending Jay McClement back to Blues. He doesn't really fit a need (more than a general need for guys that are good at PK/on faceoffs).

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote