HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrew Macdonald

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-29-2011, 07:08 PM
  #26
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 22,800
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Criminy. I thought this was going to be about the STL forward.

Who do y'all want? Voracek? Maybe not straight up, but we can talk.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
05-29-2011, 07:13 PM
  #27
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 18,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Criminy. I thought this was going to be about the STL forward.

Who do y'all want? Voracek? Maybe not straight up, but we can talk.
We're not as weak on defense as the Blue Jackets, but we're not much better. We can't afford to trade him away for a forward. I like Voracek a lot, but not at the cost of MacDonald.

AMac, Hamonic, deHaan, and possibly Hamilton will be our future top-4. Right now, AMac is probably the most important one.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline  
Old
05-29-2011, 07:17 PM
  #28
Kevin27nyi
Moderator
#21KO
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,992
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
For half a second I thought that an Isles fan started this thread, i was gonna flip.

There are about 15 players I would trade Amac for, huge no.
there are a large number of players id trade amac for, but few make sense for the islanders. they cant take on a lot of salary, so in the end, you're not getting the best bang for the buck. you'd be just trading for a 'name'.

one thing that sucks about being a small market team that has been in the gutter for 4 straight years is that people around the league dont recognise some of the great players we have. fortunately, some do recognise macdonald, nielsen, hamonic etc.

Kevin27nyi is offline  
Old
05-29-2011, 07:18 PM
  #29
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 22,800
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
We're not as weak on defense as the Blue Jackets, but we're not much better. We can't afford to trade him away for a forward. I like Voracek a lot, but not at the cost of MacDonald.

AMac, Hamonic, deHaan, and possibly Hamilton will be our future top-4. Right now, AMac is probably the most important one.
I get that. I just kind of felt the need to pile on, 'cause, y'know, when the lesson partly comes from other fanbases, sometimes that helps the crazy ones learn.

If I were y'all, I wouldn't trade him at all.

(Besides, if I really wanted to go for one of your young defensemen, it'd be Hamonic, after watching him and Calvert against Windsor during the Mem Cup. )

Viqsi is offline  
Old
05-29-2011, 07:22 PM
  #30
Kevin27nyi
Moderator
#21KO
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,992
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
We're not as weak on defense as the Blue Jackets, but we're not much better. We can't afford to trade him away for a forward. I like Voracek a lot, but not at the cost of MacDonald.

AMac, Hamonic, deHaan, and possibly Hamilton will be our future top-4. Right now, AMac is probably the most important one.
agreed.

the offense is good, we just need defense, which is why trading macdonald doesnt make sense.

i like the defensive core going forward with those three, adding hamilton will only make it better.

fwiw, i feel like the macdonald-hamonic pairing is a poor mans suter-weber pairing.

Kevin27nyi is offline  
Old
05-29-2011, 07:25 PM
  #31
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 18,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I get that. I just kind of felt the need to pile on, 'cause, y'know, when the lesson partly comes from other fanbases, sometimes that helps the crazy ones learn.

If I were y'all, I wouldn't trade him at all.

(Besides, if I really wanted to go for one of your young defensemen, it'd be Hamonic, after watching him and Calvert against Windsor during the Mem Cup. )
Hamonic is going to be a very special player. But Hamonic played so well this year because he was paired with MacDonald.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline  
Old
05-29-2011, 07:26 PM
  #32
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 18,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
agreed.

the offense is good, we just need defense, which is why trading macdonald doesnt make sense.

i like the defensive core going forward with those three, adding hamilton will only make it better.

fwiw, i feel like the macdonald-hamonic pairing is a poor mans suter-weber pairing.
They are eerily similar to Alzner-Carlson. The only difference is Carlson is better offensively.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline  
Old
05-29-2011, 07:28 PM
  #33
WangMustGo
NYI
 
WangMustGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 5,072
vCash: 3178
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
We're not as weak on defense as the Blue Jackets, but we're not much better. We can't afford to trade him away for a forward. I like Voracek a lot, but not at the cost of MacDonald.

AMac, Hamonic, deHaan, and possibly Hamilton will be our future top-4. Right now, AMac is probably the most important one.
As much as I love AMac, Hamonic showed some flashes of greatness. I really think Hamonic is going to be a great #1 defenseman in the future. He reminds me a lot of Marc Staal with better outlet passes and more offensive skills. Obviously he still has a lot to learn but he looks great.

I wouldn't trade MacDonald, he has a great contract, and is very valuable to the Islanders. He is a good building block, and there is no reason to trade him.

WangMustGo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.