HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrew Macdonald

Old
05-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Criminy. I thought this was going to be about the STL forward.

Who do y'all want? Voracek? Maybe not straight up, but we can talk.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:13 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Criminy. I thought this was going to be about the STL forward.

Who do y'all want? Voracek? Maybe not straight up, but we can talk.
We're not as weak on defense as the Blue Jackets, but we're not much better. We can't afford to trade him away for a forward. I like Voracek a lot, but not at the cost of MacDonald.

AMac, Hamonic, deHaan, and possibly Hamilton will be our future top-4. Right now, AMac is probably the most important one.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
For half a second I thought that an Isles fan started this thread, i was gonna flip.

There are about 15 players I would trade Amac for, huge no.
there are a large number of players id trade amac for, but few make sense for the islanders. they cant take on a lot of salary, so in the end, you're not getting the best bang for the buck. you'd be just trading for a 'name'.

one thing that sucks about being a small market team that has been in the gutter for 4 straight years is that people around the league dont recognise some of the great players we have. fortunately, some do recognise macdonald, nielsen, hamonic etc.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
We're not as weak on defense as the Blue Jackets, but we're not much better. We can't afford to trade him away for a forward. I like Voracek a lot, but not at the cost of MacDonald.

AMac, Hamonic, deHaan, and possibly Hamilton will be our future top-4. Right now, AMac is probably the most important one.
I get that. I just kind of felt the need to pile on, 'cause, y'know, when the lesson partly comes from other fanbases, sometimes that helps the crazy ones learn.

If I were y'all, I wouldn't trade him at all.

(Besides, if I really wanted to go for one of your young defensemen, it'd be Hamonic, after watching him and Calvert against Windsor during the Mem Cup. )

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 3700
Quote:

agreed.

the offense is good, we just need defense, which is why trading macdonald doesnt make sense.

i like the defensive core going forward with those three, adding hamilton will only make it better.

fwiw, i feel like the macdonald-hamonic pairing is a poor mans suter-weber pairing.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:25 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I get that. I just kind of felt the need to pile on, 'cause, y'know, when the lesson partly comes from other fanbases, sometimes that helps the crazy ones learn.

If I were y'all, I wouldn't trade him at all.

(Besides, if I really wanted to go for one of your young defensemen, it'd be Hamonic, after watching him and Calvert against Windsor during the Mem Cup. )
Hamonic is going to be a very special player. But Hamonic played so well this year because he was paired with MacDonald.

Old
05-29-2011, 08:26 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
agreed.

the offense is good, we just need defense, which is why trading macdonald doesnt make sense.

i like the defensive core going forward with those three, adding hamilton will only make it better.

fwiw, i feel like the macdonald-hamonic pairing is a poor mans suter-weber pairing.
They are eerily similar to Alzner-Carlson. The only difference is Carlson is better offensively.

Old
05-29-2011, 08:28 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

Quote:

As much as I love AMac, Hamonic showed some flashes of greatness. I really think Hamonic is going to be a great #1 defenseman in the future. He reminds me a lot of Marc Staal with better outlet passes and more offensive skills. Obviously he still has a lot to learn but he looks great.

I wouldn't trade MacDonald, he has a great contract, and is very valuable to the Islanders. He is a good building block, and there is no reason to trade him.

WangMustGo is online now   Reply With Quote