HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part II(All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2011, 10:27 PM
De Montreal
help

vCash: 500
Lapierre to ask Gomez tips on how to beat the Bruins

http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/sports/no...medium=twitter

It says Maxim Lapierre is still friend with Gomez, and that he will contact him and some other players on the Habs for advice on how to beat the Bruins.

Old
05-29-2011, 10:27 PM
JackZap

Gomez's first tip : dont be on the ice for 4 goals

Old
05-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Gomez tip...."See what I did? Just do the opposite.

Old
05-29-2011, 10:33 PM
pine*

... "keep trolling".

Old
05-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

vCash: 50
How can habs players tell how to beat the Bruins, if they actually didnt do it?

Old
05-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
Score more goals than the bRuins.

Old
05-29-2011, 10:44 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan182018 View Post
They were one lucky bounce close to do so.

Old
05-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

Gomez: "Max, just stay off the ice"

Old
05-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
They were one lucky bounce close to do so.
and if just one of the many blatantly missed calls that directly resulted in goals that decided games the B's are golfing and looking for a coach.

Old
05-29-2011, 10:51 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
... "keep trolling".
funniest post so far itt

Old
05-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan182018 View Post
They were much closer to beating them than the Flyers that much I know for sure

Old
05-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Changing the subject to past Habs players from active ex-Habs, anyone in need of a good cry/vent/tantrum should tune into game 6 of the 1989 Cup Finals on CBC at 11:30 EST. I've already seen it too many times, and probably won't put myself through it again. Probably the #1 reason I was never able to accept Doug Gilmour as a Hab, even more than a decade after the fact.

Old
05-29-2011, 11:15 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

max trolling again?

Old
05-29-2011, 11:20 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Lapierre to ask Gomez tips on how to beat the Bruins
Vancouver is screwed.

Old
05-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
Vancouver is screwed.
Totally. I mean, its not like a 2-time Stanley Cup champion knows anything about winning it all.

Old
05-31-2011, 10:47 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Just troll each one of them. But stay the **** away from stanchions.

Old
06-06-2011, 08:48 PM
habsfan88

Why Did We Trade Lapierre?

I'm sure this has been discussed already... But watching the playoffs I cannot for the life of me understand why we gave away Lappy for like nothing... The guy is a hometown player, chirps everyone, and is non stop hustle. I like him a lot as a player, and its painful to be watching him play in another jersey right now and doing so well...

Old
06-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

So he can win the cup and troll us.

Old
06-06-2011, 08:49 PM
overlords
Hfboards

because he asked for it.

Old
tinyzombies

We have enough penalty takers.

Old
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

like other players traded before him, he made it clear that he wanted more playing time and kind of wanted out.

Old
06-06-2011, 08:53 PM
habsfan88

I don't understand how vancouver is considered a team with an incredible amount of depth, yet lapierre would end up playing for them/getting more ice time with them? We need this guy back haha damnitt! maybe i'm just biased though...

Old
06-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan88 View Post
I'm sure this has been discussed already... But watching the playoffs I cannot for the life of me understand why we gave away Lappy for like nothing... The guy is a hometown player, chirps everyone, and is non stop hustle. I like him a lot as a player, and its painful to be watching him play in another jersey right now and doing so well...
He asked to be traded...and more often than not he seemed to think he was a skill guy instead of playing a grinding game and using his speed.

Old
06-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He asked to be traded...and more often than not he seemed to think he was a skill guy instead of playing a grinding game and using his speed.
Again, if he has the faith that Martin uses on freakin Pyatt for example, he doesn't ask to be traded. Oh right, Pyatt deserve all that faith 'cause he moves his little feet right? Well hockey is more than that. Lapierre was not that long ago amongst our best regular season line with Lats and Kosto. And amongst our best players in the players, with Halak, and Moore, you have Lapierre in it as well. Lapierre had in him to be the kind of player he is now. It's not like this Lapierre has just been discovered....it's a Lapierre who was there and we weren't able to exploit. Just like the numerous guys who are leaving and are saying it.

I don't know but if I go in my coach's room, and say that I know I can play for that team. I know that I'm good enough so that I deserve a better role. That if he doesn't think so, maybe I should be traded....I'M sorry but if I'm the coach, I treat it as a sign of a guy who's not taking the way I'm using him. And I put my faith in him to redress the situation.....If I like him.

It's not like Lapierre is full of hot air. He talks the talk and walks the walk. He knew he could have made a difference and he's doing it. He had his struggles but who doesn't? What freakin team are we here so that we don't believe in players having a tougher time? It's not like we'd be 1st overall for the past 10 years so that we can't understand a guy having 2 bad games in a row...Yet, some had more bad games in a row than Lappy and still had the confidence of their coach. Some did, some didn't. The ones who didn't....are doing okay elsewhere....with what? The confidence of their coach.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:05 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I don't know but if I go in my coach's room, and say that I know I can play for that team. I know that I'm good enough so that I deserve a better role. That if he doesn't think so, maybe I should be traded....I'M sorry but if I'm the coach, I treat it as a sign of a guy who's not taking the way I'm using him. And I put my faith in him to redress the situation.....If I like him.

It's not like Lapierre is full of hot air. He talks the talk and walks the walk. He knew he could have made a difference and he's doing it. He had his struggles but who doesn't? What freakin team are we here so that we don't believe in players having a tougher time? It's not like we'd be 1st overall for the past 10 years so that we can't understand a guy having 2 bad games in a row...Yet, some had more bad games in a row than Lappy and still had the confidence of their coach. Some did, some didn't. The ones who didn't....are doing okay elsewhere....with what? The confidence of their coach.
There's been almost no Martin bashing here lately so I hate to chime in and give amnuminition. But I agree. Martin is the best coach we've seen in probably 10+ years but he does have his flaws.

I think this is where Muller should be stepping up though and he hasn't been. I kind of view Muller as a bit of a patsy I think for just sitting back and let Martin make mistakes. I realize Muller is the assistant but if I seen my boss making blatant mistakes, I'd speak up in private.

From what I read, Muller is the players coach but he's been a pretty big failure if we've seen so many problems with players leaving us during the Muller tenure. Didn't mean to turn this isn't a Muller bashing because I love the job that he does, I think he's integral to our success, I just don't think he's head coach material. He's too much of a pretty boy.

But back to Martin. He needs to realize that there is a reason why he's been coaching for 20 years or whatever and has never won the Grail. He needs to realize he has flaws too and work on those flaws. But he's too old school for that.

I honestly love our core right now and I think they have what it takes to win, I love the mentality that JM has built in this team, I believe he's largely responsible for that along with Gio, Gomer, Gill and Cammy. You add Price, PK and Patches sick skills and I like the future possibilities but I honestly don't think JM will ever win a cup.

But he's better than all of the other options atm imo. But time is running out, we need to take advantage of Price, Pk and Patches RFA contracts.

Closed Thread