HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evander Kane to NYR

Old
05-30-2011, 01:12 PM
mcsauer2738

vCash: 500
Evander Kane to NYR

What would it take to get Evander Kane on the New York Rangers? He'd be the perfect 1st line LW the Rangers need. Here is my proposal...

Chris Kreider, Michael Sauer, 1st round pick #15.

Thoughts?

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 01:31 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Take out Sauer, insert McDonagh, and I think Atlanta ponders over it

Very good proposal, though.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 01:31 PM
veedubn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
What would it take to get Evander Kane on the New York Rangers? He'd be the perfect 1st line LW the Rangers need. Here is my proposal...

Thoughts?
I was expecting much worse.. good job.

But I think the Trashers are trying to build onto the youth that they have.. not take a few steps back in the development cycle.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:

Thoughts?
Not that bad in term of overall value but the Thrashers need to upgrade the top of their forward lineup not dump their top guys. Kane is their forward with the best potential and is controllable for a long period of time. It just doesn't make sense for Atlanta/Winnepeg to move him for lesser assets and the Rangers don't have an asset with enough value to match that 2009 4th overall pick who is progressing nicely, still on his ELC and will be an RFA for another 5 years. This isn't Pavel Brendl we're talking about here.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Marvelous Manked
Part Time Drag Queen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post

This.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post

I see potential in Kane, but Id rather not give up that much for a guy whos career high is 43 points.

Would many other teams be willing to give their top prospect, #3/4defenseman and 1st overall for a career high 43 point player?

Dubinsky put up those numbers in his first full year, as a pro, and last year had 24 goals and broke 50 points, and I think we would get laughed at trying to get that much for him.

Id be hard pressed to give up our 1st, our top prospect in Kreider and Sauer, let alone exchange Mcdonagh for Sauer.

If Kane improves again next year and hits 50-55 points then I would consider it as a Rangers fan. Right now its too much of a risk and opens up a hole on defense for us.

Players get overrated based on their "potential" and draft status. Patrik Stefan was first overall and had 35 point his first season. Would you give up all that for him based on his draft status and potential in 2001 2 years after he was drafted? I guarantee I follow the Thrashers more closely then any one who is not a Thrashers fan ( I live in atlanta and had season tix) and I just don't see it yet for Kane.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:07 PM
m9

As a Canucks fan I would love to have Kane, and would definately give up a 1st, our top prospect, and a quality NHL player.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Ke11y96

Does Kane even want out of Atl/Winnipeg?? I keep reading about trade proposal's for him yet the only player out of Atl/Winnipeg I've heard that isn't thrilled with heading North is Ladd...Anyone have info on what players are against relocating??

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:14 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
I see potential in Kane, but Id rather not give up that much for a guy whos career high is 43 points.

Would many other teams be willing to give their top prospect, #3/4defenseman and 1st overall for a career high 43 point player?

Dubinsky put up those numbers in his first full year, as a pro, and last year had 24 goals and broke 50 points, and I think we would get laughed at trying to get that much for him.

Id be hard pressed to give up our 1st, our top prospect in Kreider and Sauer, let alone exchange Mcdonagh for Sauer.

If Kane improves again next year and hits 50-55 points then I would consider it as a Rangers fan. Right now its too much of a risk and opens up a hole on defense for us.
You can't base a guy's career outlook on one 43-point season, in his sophomore year. That's just silly. It's called development -- and I think Kane would thrive in a system headed by Torts.

You also have to take it out of context. He hasn't done extremely well in his career, but he has played in Atlanta. Nothing against Atlanta, but that is certainly not a place in which young stars with potential can thrive. If you take him out of ATL and plant him in NY, I think he would definitely become that 60-70 point winger the Rangers long for.

Add in linemates like Gaborik, Callahan, Dubinsky, even Brad Richards... and you got yourself a solid top-6, 65-or-so point scorer, that could even top out at 70-80 points.

Old
05-30-2011, 02:15 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:

Players get overrated based on their "potential" and draft status. Patrik Stefan was first overall and had 35 point his first season. Would you give up all that for him based on his draft status and potential in 2001 2 years after he was drafted? I guarantee I follow the Thrashers more closely then any one who is not a Thrashers fan ( I live in atlanta and had season tix) and I just don't see it yet for Kane.

hes 19 years old....

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:19 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

unavailable

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 03:09 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:

His "career" has been 2 years on the Atlanta Thrashers... you shouldn't base ANYTHING off of that.

Old
05-30-2011, 03:24 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

I love Kane and as a Rangers fan, I'd do the initial package for him.

Adding McD is just too much for me to stomach though. I think Kreider can be similar to what Kane is and McD will likely be a top pairing d-man soon. Not to mention the first rounder.

Kane has good potential, but I see him right behind the top guys. More of an occasional all-star who has a good lengthy career in the top 6.

Would love him, but not for that price. I really think Kreider is a similar player, minus the toughness.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 03:28 PM
beastly115

I would do the initial trade proposal.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Sad Panda

Can't see ATL/WPG moving Kane for any package unless it blows them away. He's one of the pieces they should be building around. I won't be shocked to see this kid break out in a huge way during the next few seasons.

Sad Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:11 PM
exporta

Quote:

Thoughts?
I think the value is close, but I can't see Atlanta/Winnipeg moving Kane. They lack top end talent, and he's about as close as it gets for them.

Only way I see Kane moving is if he's dealt in a package for a star player.

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WKAY7BETEg

This link needs to be in every Evander Kane thread just to remind everyone why his value is so high.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:38 PM
wej20

Quote:

Dubinsky put up 43 points in his first year pro but it was in the AHL. Dubinsky's was 21 in his first full NHL Season and Kane's going to be 20 this off-season so comparing their rookie seasons is pointless.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

He's young and can grow with the team and fanbase. He'll be a fan favorite in Winnipeg for years to come.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Dubinsky put up 43 points in his first year pro but it was in the AHL. Dubinsky's was 21 in his first full NHL Season and Kane's going to be 20 this off-season so comparing their rookie seasons is pointless.
Not to mention Dubi was playing with Jagr.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 06:24 PM
ManoWarrior

If I was the Canucks, I'd offer Hodgson, Schroeder, Schneider + 2nd for him. Kid's gonna be a tank and he would thrive with either Kesler or the Sedins IMO.

ManoWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 06:30 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:

Thoughts?
Don't forget your first born and the kitchen sink

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 06:41 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Staal, Dubinsky, Stepan and Glen Sather's first born sons.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 06:43 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kips View Post
Staal, Dubinsky, Stepan and Glen Sather's first born sons.
No, No, No, and take Glen as well.

05-30-2011, 06:59 PM
gotmonte

Atlanta is not a place a young player can flourish?

Anyone hear of Kovalchuk? No? Maybe Hossa?

Though Atlanta is not the best hockey market, a young kid that is talented will flourish on any team. Maybe not as much as if you have a linemate of Richards or Jagr or Messier. But still, you can show your talents with crappy linemates.

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote