HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ladd to VAN if ATL to WPG

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-30-2011, 02:18 PM
  #1
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 500
Ladd to VAN if ATL to WPG

Hey, I've been thinking about this for a while now.

Kesler would benefit from having a guy like Ladd on his wing and this is based on Winnipeg getting the Thrashers.

The idea behind this was that Winnipeg management would be smart to try and bring in players that Winnipeg hockey fans are already familiar with. Canucks are ripe with these because of the Moose.

I was thinking:

Schneider, 1st in 2011, Shirokov (or other prospects)

Schneider was the Moose goalie for like 5 years and Shirokov has been very good with the Moose this year. The 1st would be this year's so it'd be 29/30.

What is the value on Ladd like?

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:19 PM
  #2
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,868
vCash: 500
I thought Kesler hated Ladd?

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:20 PM
  #3
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by headsigh View Post
I thought Kesler hated Ladd?
Kesler has grown up a lot as a player since last year and I think he will realize that his game will be taken to a new level if a Ladd type is in the lineup for him to work with.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:22 PM
  #4
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,967
vCash: 500
Value wise this is great for the Canucks, but cap space is an issue. Vancouver will already have a tough time retaining the team they have now.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:26 PM
  #5
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,678
vCash: 500
If the Thrashers relocate to the Peg, I would think they would like to have Ladd as their captain. Peg fans will love his hard work gritty approach - he can be their new Doan. So I don't see this trade as being one the Thrashers would want to make. Value wise it's probably good although Pavalec makes Schneider less valuable then a team without a young potential #1.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:28 PM
  #6
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,581
vCash: 50
Please tell me why a team like the Thrashers who have a organizational weakness at top 6 forward, and a goalie who is 23 and just played in the World Championships should trade their captain and 1st line left winger and the centerpiece in the deal going back is a goalie?

Do you really think this would help the Thrashers? They give up their captain and top line left winger, make a problem area even bigger (top 6 forward), and then create a log jam at goalie.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:31 PM
  #7
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldeRyaneClowe View Post
Value wise this is great for the Canucks, but cap space is an issue. Vancouver will already have a tough time retaining the team they have now.
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
Chris Higgins ($1.750m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Andrew Ladd ($3.000m)
Mason Raymond ($2.550m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($2.500m)
Jeff Tambellini ($0.500m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.000m)
/ Tanner Glass ($0.650m)

DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Christian Ehrhoff ($4.500m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.000m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.000m)
Aaron Rome ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m) / Backup Goalie ($0.500m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $63,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,683,333; BONUSES: $0

This was the lineup I drew up to see if this was possible. I gave Bieksa a $4 contract because of the Vancouver Sun article about Bieksa, Burrows & Kesler all being best friends and their wives & kids all close etc so I figured he would stay for around that. It's definitely doable if Ehrhoff wants to be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
If the Thrashers relocate to the Peg, I would think they would like to have Ladd as their captain. Peg fans will love his hard work gritty approach - he can be their new Doan. So I don't see this trade as being one the Thrashers would want to make. Value wise it's probably good although Pavalec makes Schneider less valuable then a team without a young potential #1.
The Schneider value was that he costs less than Pavalec and he was the Moose goalie for 5+ years so there would be an immediate attachment to him. Pavalec can always be dealt to a team without a young starter as well.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:32 PM
  #8
theaub
Lets go Hawks!
 
theaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Markham, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Please tell me why a team like the Thrashers who have a organizational weakness at top 6 forward, and a goalie who is 23 and just played in the World Championships should trade their captain and 1st line left winger and the centerpiece in the deal going back is a goalie?

Do you really think this would help the Thrashers? They give up their captain and top line left winger, make a problem area even bigger (top 6 forward), and then create a log jam at goalie.
Apparently Winnipeg's going to be run like a homerish fantasy team instead of a NHL franchise.

Up next we have Khabibulin for Byfuglien

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:34 PM
  #9
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 24,334
vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Hey, I've been thinking about this for a while now.

Kesler would benefit from having a guy like Ladd on his wing and this is based on Winnipeg getting the Thrashers.

The idea behind this was that Winnipeg management would be smart to try and bring in players that Winnipeg hockey fans are already familiar with. Canucks are ripe with these because of the Moose.

I was thinking:

Schneider, 1st in 2011, Shirokov (or other prospects)

Schneider was the Moose goalie for like 5 years and Shirokov has been very good with the Moose this year. The 1st would be this year's so it'd be 29/30.

What is the value on Ladd like?
Well you might want to think about it a little longer.

BigTuna49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:35 PM
  #10
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,981
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Kesler has grown up a lot as a player since last year and I think he will realize that his game will be taken to a new level if a Ladd type is in the lineup for him to work with.
Tell that to RJ Umberger.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:35 PM
  #11
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,678
vCash: 500
^ I can't imagine that a franchise would trade their Captain with one of the major pieces coming back forcing them to make another trade from a position of weakness - meaning any team looking to acquire Pavalec will know that the Thrashers have 2 young goalies and have to move 1 so value will be lower then otherwise. Atlanta/Peg needs offence, not another goalie who might be a fan favourite. This isn't an enticing deal to Winnlanta

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:35 PM
  #12
R0bert0 Lu0ng0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,465
vCash: 500
I'm not sure why Winnepeg would want to deal Ladd.

I'm pretty sure fans in that city would prefer a competitive NHL team rather than players they had already seen (which obviously were not good enough to quench their desire for high level NHL hockey).

Nevermind that the best asset on offer is a goalie and that's probably the most stable position on their depth chart with Pavelec coming off a good year.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:36 PM
  #13
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,967
vCash: 500
There's no way Ehrhoff only makes $4.5 mil. He could easily get 6 mil on the open market.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:37 PM
  #14
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 10,242
vCash: 500
I would puke if Ladd ended up on the Nucks. Uggh...

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:38 PM
  #15
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,581
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
Apparently Winnipeg's going to be run like a homerish fantasy team instead of a NHL franchise.

Up next we have Khabibulin for Byfuglien
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Well you might want to think about it a little longer.
Lol.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 03:11 PM
  #16
RedwingsnCudi13
Registered User
 
RedwingsnCudi13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 933
vCash: 500
Why does Atlanta want\need Schnieder ?

RedwingsnCudi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 03:15 PM
  #17
veedubn1
Registered User
 
veedubn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
Hodgson instead of Schnieder?

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 03:17 PM
  #18
mstad101
Registered User
 
mstad101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I would puke if Ladd ended up on the Nucks. Uggh...
A Two Time Stanley Cup winner who is in his early 20's, just had the best offensive season in his career, a hard working gritty forward who uses his size to create space?
Seriously you'd puke over an upgrade on Mason Raymond, Chris Higgins, Mikeal Samuelsson, and pretty much every winger not named Sedin/Burrows. What the **** are you thinking sir?

I'd imagine the Thrashers would want an upgrade at forward for Ladd, but if Ladd isn't willing to sign this limits their leverage in trade.
My offer would be Mason Raymond Cody Hodgson for Andrew Ladd pending Ladd signing an extention in the 3 or 4 year range.
I offer Mason because Cap needs to go back for Ladd to be extended, and Hodgson being so close to the NHL he can smell the Top 6 minutes. Also Mason is capable of 20 goals, so the offence won't be hugely lacking without Ladd.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 03:23 PM
  #19
theaub
Lets go Hawks!
 
theaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Markham, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
A Two Time Stanley Cup winner who is in his early 20's, just had the best offensive season in his career, a hard working gritty forward who uses his size to create space?
Seriously you'd puke over an upgrade on Mason Raymond, Chris Higgins, Mikeal Samuelsson, and pretty much every winger not named Sedin/Burrows. What the **** are you thinking sir?
Might want to look at his avatar, location...anything really.

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 03:24 PM
  #20
mstad101
Registered User
 
mstad101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
Might want to look at his avatar, location...anything really.
On a mobile device. I don't get Avi's or anything other than the thread outline n responses.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 03:39 PM
  #21
Go Wings
Registered User
 
Go Wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chatham, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Hey, I've been thinking about this for a while now.

Kesler would benefit from having a guy like Ladd on his wing and this is based on Winnipeg getting the Thrashers.

The idea behind this was that Winnipeg management would be smart to try and bring in players that Winnipeg hockey fans are already familiar with. Canucks are ripe with these because of the Moose.

I was thinking:

Schneider, 1st in 2011, Shirokov (or other prospects)

Schneider was the Moose goalie for like 5 years and Shirokov has been very good with the Moose this year. The 1st would be this year's so it'd be 29/30.

What is the value on Ladd like?
That would work if Winnipeg needed goaltending. But they dont they have a good young goaltender and a decent backup.

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 03:40 PM
  #22
Go Wings
Registered User
 
Go Wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chatham, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldeRyaneClowe View Post
There's no way Ehrhoff only makes $4.5 mil. He could easily get 6 mil on the open market.
Who's going to pay Ehrhoff 6 million???

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 03:43 PM
  #23
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post
Who's going to pay Ehrhoff 6 million???
Funny you should ask...

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 03:45 PM
  #24
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 500
Alright, what about Mason Raymond + instead for Ladd?

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 03:45 PM
  #25
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 10,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
On a mobile device. I don't get Avi's or anything other than the thread outline n responses.
Yeah I'm a Hawks fan.

Some things regarding this proposal:

1) Ladd is from the Vancouver area...that might really tempt him. But he isn't an unrestricted free agent, so it's not his choice until next year.
2) Why would the Jets trade their captain? Maybe if he tries to force a trade, but it doesn't make sense to strengthen a team they will probably be in the same division with a year later.
3) Doesn't Vancouver need to use up their free cap space on defense, with Salo, Bieksa and Ehrhoff all UFA's?
4) I seem to recall a story in the 2010 playoffs where Vancouver fans treated Ladd's family like total garbage when they went to the playoff game dressed in Ladd gear. Would this affect anything?
5) If Ladd is in any way bitter about the Hawks dumping him last summer (I have no idea if he is or isn't), working his way towards Vancouver is the best possible revenge he could get.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.