HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top 10 Pick

Old
05-30-2011, 02:57 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

vCash: 500
Top 10 Pick

Are there any teams in this years top-10 that may consider moving down, out of the top-10? People argue this year's draft contains 3-tiers of top talent (1-8, 9-20, 21-50) and then drastically thins out. Any teams interested in getting sayyyy 3 shots in the top-50 instead of 1 in the top-10?

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Leafssss

I could see Columbus moving out if Ryan Murphy is selected before their pick, possibly Minnesota, and to some extent MAYBE Atlanta, although they lack TOP talent. However, none of these teams would probably want the 3 picks Toronto has, they're looking moreso for NHL ready talent.

Picks that I could see being traded for more picks:
Colorado - 11th overall from St. Louis (already have a solid 2nd overall pick)
Carolina - 12th overall (depending on who's left)
Calgary - 13th overall (need more depth in system)
Montreal - 17th overall (need more depth in system, may trade this pick for future picks)
Detroit - 24th overall (typical drafting style of more picks)

Leafssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 03:28 PM
mstad101

Calgary looks to be the most intriguing out of all those picks, considering they have no 2nd or 3rd this year.
Leafs trade Philly 1st Boston 1st Boston 2nd for Calgarys 1st.
Leafs move up about 12 spots for a 1st n 2nd on top of 1st. Toronto keeps its 2nd imho because they need too, and need to have a shot at a dropping player who could be a steal in the 2nd round.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:05 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Lets keep this thread general, not just about the value of Toronto's 3 picks.

Are there any teams in the top-10 which could be rumoured to want to move down in the draft or is everyone dead-set on drafting BPA as high as possible? Calgary's pick may not be top-10 but without another pick until #104, an already depleted prospect pool, and one of the oldest NHL rosters they do seem likely to want to move down. Anyone else?

Old
05-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Leafssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Calgary looks to be the most intriguing out of all those picks, considering they have no 2nd or 3rd this year.
Leafs move up about 12 spots for a 1st n 2nd on top of 1st. Toronto keeps its 2nd imho because they need too, and need to have a shot at a dropping player who could be a steal in the 2nd round.
Whoa, way to overpay. Calgary's 1st isn't worth 2 late 2011 first round picks and a 2nd round pick in a VERY solid 2012 draft. I would give up Boston 1st + Toronto 2nd + prospect for Calgary's pick, and that prospect would be one with a limited ceiling (ie. Holzer)

Old
05-30-2011, 04:18 PM
exporta

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Lets keep this thread general, not just about the value of Toronto's 3 picks.

Are there any teams in the top-10 which could be rumoured to want to move down in the draft or is everyone dead-set on drafting BPA as high as possible? Calgary's pick may not be top-10 but without another pick until #104, an already depleted prospect pool, and one of the oldest NHL rosters they do seem likely to want to move down. Anyone else?
I've seen CBJ fans discussing moving their pick, however it appears they are looking for immediate help.

What about moving Toronto picks for young players? Does it have to be draft picks? Ottawa moved their pick to grab Rundblad last year, maybe they can accomplish something similar?

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:30 PM
MPStoEberletoHall

Tambo will package the 19th, players/draft picks for a top 10 selection... Just watch

MPStoEberletoHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post
I've seen CBJ fans discussing moving their pick, however it appears they are looking for immediate help.
This. Other picks might be OK as part of a package, but the primary goal would be current NHL roster players.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:42 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafssss View Post
Whoa, way to overpay. Calgary's 1st isn't worth 2 late 2011 first round picks and a 2nd round pick in a VERY solid 2012 draft. I would give up Boston 1st + Toronto 2nd + prospect for Calgary's pick, and that prospect would be one with a limited ceiling (ie. Holzer)
Start with your two first to get Calgary interested, They have depth among their prospect pool but what they lack is high end talent.

We will move roster players for picks at the draft if we need be to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Koto

Does any team have any interest in Ales Hemsky at all? or is like yeah ill give you my 7th rounder

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:52 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
Does any team have any interest in Ales Hemsky at all? or is like yeah ill give you my 7th rounder
I don't want to derail the thread but why have people been making sarcastic remarks about Hemsky's value, as of late, on HF? Is his rehab not going well?

I think he would be a major upgrade on MacArthur (if he could stay healthy, otherwise its a wash) and would be a perfect fit with Kulie and Grabo but I wouldn't be prepared to give up blue-chip prospects + other assets for him. He'll be a UFA next off-season and I could easily see him bolting for greener pastures if Edmonton continues to dwell at the bottom of the standings.

Old
05-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Koto

nothing wrong with his rehab people are just scared that something else will go wrong in the future

but if you're not willing to give up blue chip prospects or other assets that goes back to my question is it just like "we'll give you our 7th"

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:57 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post

What about moving Toronto picks for young players? Does it have to be draft picks? Ottawa moved their pick to grab Rundblad last year, maybe they can accomplish something similar?
Well, in terms of what I'd like Toronto to do with a top-10 pick is draft one of Huberdeau/Strome if they're still available in the latter stages of the top-10, but that's not why I created this thread. I want to know if there are any teams actually rumoured to want to move down, out of the top-10. Calgary and Columbus do seem likely but I wanted to see what other fans have to say about that.

Old
05-30-2011, 04:57 PM
oilers4life5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
Tambo will package the 19th, players/draft picks for a top 10 selection... Just watch
my thoughts exactly!! go tambo go!

oilers4life5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 05:00 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
nothing wrong with his rehab people are just scared that something else will go wrong in the future

but if you're not willing to give up blue chip prospects or other assets that goes back to my question is it just like "we'll give you our 7th"
Somewhere in between, but definitely closer to the blue-chipper I just have it set in my mind that Ales Hemsky is a very likely candidate to hit FA, try cashing in just in case. Unless Edmonton is prepared to offer him security in his next deal (NTC/NMC), but there's still another year to assess that. He's just too skilled to not get his pay-day

Old
05-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Bubba Thudd
S'all Good, Man

vCash: 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Colorado would be just as, if not more, intriguing. They also have no 2nd or 3rd round picks. Colorado could take the same package of picks for their #11 -- 2 spots better than Calgary's #13.

Just sayin'.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 05:04 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Colorado would be just as, if not more, intriguing. They also have no 2nd or 3rd round picks/ Colorado could take the same package of picks for their #11 -- 2 spots better than Calgary's #13.

Just sayin'.
Colorado is already loaded with young studs and a top-2 pick though. Wouldn't they be much better served to deal that #11 for proven talent?

Old
05-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Bubba Thudd
S'all Good, Man

vCash: 7757
They are loaded with young studs, but still have a few holes to fill -- primarily in net, but their best chance to plug that hole is in FA.

Avs management has had the mantra of build from within. If they don't see a guy they lust after at #11, I could definitely see them trade it for more picks in the 31-60 range. They have a record of identifying talented forwards in that range.

They could pick Larsson with #2, filling a need for a defensive dman, plug the goalie hole in free agency, and stock the cubbard with forward talent with the extra picks (not all that many forwards left in the pipeline, since most have already been called up). If need be, they could also pick up a winger in free agency -- say, Tanguay or Jokinen, etc.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Gutless

Wouldn't mind the Leafs going after Calgary's first or Colorado's second first. I could see the Phili pick and either Boston's first or the Leafs' second being packaged with it to move up. Maybe throw in Philadelphia's 3rd as well. With one of those picks I'd think Burke would go after Scheifele.

Gutless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

I don't want to trade any 2012 picks, including Boston's 2012 2nd.

Next year we could package our 1st with our 2nd and Boston's 2nd to move up a significant amount of spots

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 06:53 PM
TooMuchMan

While its unlikely, I have heard some rumors that if Boston's guys (probably starting with R. Murphy) are gone by 9, Chiarelli will listen to offers to move into the mid-teens to target Beaulieu or another from the so-called "second tier" of draft-eligibles.
Zibanejad is definitely on their radar, but if he were the top available at nine, the Bruins will certainly listen to offers.

TooMuchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Leafssss

Personally, I don't think this is the draft to move up in unless it is for Murphy, Landeskog, Couturier, Huburdeau, Larsson, and RNH.

Old
05-30-2011, 07:27 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
They are loaded with young studs, but still have a few holes to fill -- primarily in net, but their best chance to plug that hole is in FA.

Avs management has had the mantra of build from within. If they don't see a guy they lust after at #11, I could definitely see them trade it for more picks in the 31-60 range. They have a record of identifying talented forwards in that range.

They could pick Larsson with #2, filling a need for a defensive dman, plug the goalie hole in free agency, and stock the cubbard with forward talent with the extra picks (not all that many forwards left in the pipeline, since most have already been called up). If need be, they could also pick up a winger in free agency -- say, Tanguay or Jokinen, etc.
Trade it back to STL for pick 32 & 41

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote