HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

robyn regehr to the sharks

Old
05-30-2011, 11:53 AM
ComixZone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
Value is pretty even when you consider cap hit and reputation. I swear, I'm hard pressed to find a more despised high-end defenseman than JayBo. He was grilled this year.

What would you say to Heatley + 1st for JayBo? Sharks are overpaying, but it would help them add an all around two way Defenseman who they so badly need who can eat up minutes. I think he'd be less needed for offense too, as he would most likely be paired with Boyle. I think that is one of the major gripes that people have in Calgary, is that he was expected to bring a whole lot more offense than he has brought so far. Also, before I get flamed I'm only reacting to the above suggestion of JayBo for Heater.

Marleau (6.9) - Thornton (7) - Couture (1.24)
Clowe (3.625) - Pavelski (4) - Seto (2.7)
Wellwood (.8) - __________ - Mitchel (1.37)
McGinn (.650) - Desjardins (.5) - Ferriero (.85)
Mayers (.6)

JayBo(6.8) - Boyle (6.67)
Vlassic (3.1) - Demers (1.25)
Murray(2.5) - White (3.5)

Braunn (.875)

Niemi (3.8)
Nitty (2)

=60.73

cap space about 2.5mil to sign 3rd line center
Bouw + Boyle could push the tempo like crazy.

...however, the Flames would be opening up a glaring whole defensively and slotting a winger into their line-up when what they need to address is the center spot, so they'd pass.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Mizral

Just my personal opinion, but I think Regehr is regressing and fast. Everyone knows how to beat him - take the puck wide with speed and he'll lose that battle every time. He turns like a battleship and while he's great with the puck (usually pretty smart) he just doesn't have the footspeed to stop guys on the outside.

Mizral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 12:06 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral View Post
Just my personal opinion, but I think Regehr is regressing and fast. Everyone knows how to beat him - take the puck wide with speed and he'll lose that battle every time. He turns like a battleship and while he's great with the puck (usually pretty smart) he just doesn't have the footspeed to stop guys on the outside.
You are a great story teller

Regehr was better this year than last year. I don't think you have even watched him play more than once or two times this year. He is not regressing at all. Yet at least.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Two years ago, Regehr looked like he lost a step. This previous year, he proved that he didn't. He was completely solid, and he is the rock on our defense. This might sounds cliche at this point, but he's irreplaceable in terms of the presence he brings to our defensive lineup. His presence and play was critical this year for us.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
A first (albeit) a late one, and Heatley for Bouw would be very hard to say no to. I really doubt San Jose would make that deal though.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:26 PM
exporta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Sorry but Regehr is not faster than White.
I was just about to post this exact comment after reading the previous post. Didn't take long for someone to point that out.

Btw, whats the status with White and SJ? He's UFA, do Sharks fans want him back next season? Does management want him back?

I was a big fan of his during his time in Toronto, as were most Leaf fans. I doubt we bring him back, but I do like watching the guy succeed.

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:28 PM
exporta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
A first (albeit) a late one, and Heatley for Bouw would be very hard to say no to. I really doubt San Jose would make that deal though.
I am a Leafs fan, though I do follow San Jose during the post-season. If I were a Sharks fan I would make the deal in a heart beat, but I absolutely can't stand Heatley.

And this isn't recent, I was never a fan of his game.

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:31 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
I dont see how that helps the flames in the slightest.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
I dont see how that helps the flames in the slightest.
Read my other posts, I'd rather keep Bouw over Heatley. But he would be adding about another 70 pts to our forwards, solidify our second line giving the Flames a good 1, 2 punch and it would be giving us another 1st round pick helping to restock our prospect pool. So there is value there. If Erixon was another year into his development I would probably make this deal.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 06:22 PM
DropIt

Quote:
no its not. I would take Jbo 10/10 times over Heatley.

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 06:25 PM
DropIt

Quote:
Read my other posts, I'd rather keep Bouw over Heatley. But he would be adding about another 70 pts to our forwards, solidify our second line giving the Flames a good 1, 2 punch and it would be giving us another 1st round pick helping to restock our prospect pool. So there is value there. If Erixon was another year into his development I would probably make this deal.
He would have nobody to play with. There is not one player, other then Tanguay who could possibly be the playmaking type to turn his game around. Heatley cant play with Pavelski, Clowe, Setogucci, Thornton or Marleau. What makes you think Rene Bourque, Olli Jokinen or Niklas Hagman can get him back into scoring form

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Stephaaane

Rumor from Yvon Pedneault from CKAC this afternoon was :

Regehr + ??? for Setoguchi + Demers + ????

It was on his ''around the NHL'' at 12h00. He can be a bit reliable once a while. Don't know if he is with that rumor.

So take it for what its worth....

Stephaaane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Ashasx

I'd only trade Regehr in a package involving a number 1 centreman. We have good depth, but we lack top players (excluding Iginla). Not looking for more 2nd/3rd liners.

Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 10:50 PM
The Architect
When weasels fly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephaaane View Post
Rumor from Yvon Pedneault from CKAC this afternoon was :

Regehr + ??? for Setoguchi + Demers + ????

It was on his ''around the NHL'' at 12h00. He can be a bit reliable once a while. Don't know if he is with that rumor.

So take it for what its worth....
Highly doubt it. Sharks need more PMD, and Demers is one of the few Dmen we have who is a TWD with true offensive potential. This year he took a step up in both Defensive play as well as physicality. IMO he is one of the brighter if not the brightest spot the Sharks have right now when it comes to their youth on D.

Why would they trade him AND seto for Regehr? I can't really think who the "added" player would be from Calgary. Right now, and I know I'll get flamed for this, but I'd rather have Demers than RR straight up.

Demers is on a better cap hit, can move the puck, is less of a defenseman but the Sharks already have 2 really good stay at home dmen in Murray and Vlassic. He also can work the PP, and has a pretty decent shot.

Add Seto to the pic and I'm just confused...

The Architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 12:24 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post
I was just about to post this exact comment after reading the previous post. Didn't take long for someone to point that out.

Btw, whats the status with White and SJ? He's UFA, do Sharks fans want him back next season? Does management want him back?

I was a big fan of his during his time in Toronto, as were most Leaf fans. I doubt we bring him back, but I do like watching the guy succeed.
Most Sharks fans want him to return from what I can tell. Myself included. However, you never really know when it comes to contract negotiations. White has said he wants to return and the wife also wants to return. We'll see.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 12:29 AM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post

I think Sharks fans are half and half with him. I, for one, want him to re-sign here at the same price of $3 mil per. We know he wont be our answer for our #2 defenseman but he was quite serviceable.

We would really like a better skating defenseman and if we need to make room for Christian Ehrhoff, White may be a casualty.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 12:44 AM
SCinSJ
Sith Lord Burns

I'm not a huge Heatley fan and I would be interested in talking about a JB for DH trade but I'm surprised that no one has brought up the fact that Heatley has been playing with a broken hand since halfway through the regular season, and its assumed that this coincides with the time he dropped significantly in scoring. This guy is still going to be a 30-40 goal scorer for several more years assuming he stays healthy.

SCinSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 03:00 AM
Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
Highly doubt it. Sharks need more PMD, and Demers is one of the few Dmen we have who is a TWD with true offensive potential. This year he took a step up in both Defensive play as well as physicality. IMO he is one of the brighter if not the brightest spot the Sharks have right now when it comes to their youth on D.

Why would they trade him AND seto for Regehr? I can't really think who the "added" player would be from Calgary. Right now, and I know I'll get flamed for this, but I'd rather have Demers than RR straight up.

Demers is on a better cap hit, can move the puck, is less of a defenseman but the Sharks already have 2 really good stay at home dmen in Murray and Vlassic. He also can work the PP, and has a pretty decent shot.

Add Seto to the pic and I'm just confused...
Value might be there then because as a Flames fan I wouldn't want them to do a deal like that either. With Giordano and Bouwmeester we already have 2 defenseman that would eat up the minutes in situations where Demers would be useful and if the Flames really needed another offensive defenseman Erixon and Brodie aren't too far away, in my opinion. The Flames don't have really a replacement for Regehr on the team or in the farm so this deal creates a big hole and doesn't really fill another. Setoguchi has to show he's more than a 20/20 guy without the help of Thornton or Marleau otherwise he's not really an upgrade on Glencross or Moss.

Paper is offline   Reply With Quote