HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Pacioretty update

Old
05-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Jakomyte

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
He really is Wolverine.
But he's no Zenon Konopka...

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200

"I'd like to see you in my office before any tweets are made!"

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 09:29 PM
VL55

http://www2.macleans.ca/2011/04/01/w...ppened-to-max/

I'm guessing many read that article when it came out two months ago, but I only found recently it was lluminating.

It helps explain why Max might recover fully and (relatively) swiftly even though his hit seemed so much more brutal than the one Crosby received.

Nice read so it bears pimping.

VL55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL55 View Post
http://www2.macleans.ca/2011/04/01/w...ppened-to-max/

I'm guessing many read that article when it came out two months ago, but I only found recently it was lluminating.

It helps explain why Max might recover fully and (relatively) swiftly even though his hit seemed so much more brutal than the one Crosby received.

Nice read so it bears pimping.
Thanks, I was looking for this. I read this earlier and was going to post it here.

That's obviously good for Max, too bad Sid got clocked the wrong way. Crosby was just rounding the corner into mega star and this was looking like his breakout year. It really, really sucks that his season (and perhaps his career) has been derailed by those hits.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Doesn't matter, the guy would NEVER deke forehand and hit the middle of the ice after his injury. He became the most predictable player in the whole league.
Yeah that's what I was thinking about. He became the player who was playing the game with one hand while skating around the net and do nothing after that.

Not to say that he became a bad player. Stats will prove the other way around, but he never was the same, that's for sure.

We never know with Pacioretty. While I think he'll be fine, there's always a chance that he won't like to be close from where he was hit...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Help
Send help

vCash: 50
I am drooling all over the thought of our powerplay next year

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Glad to see he was able to get his full recovery, plus tons of additional time to train. I'm not usually a fan of the whole "wait till next year" type mentality, but when it comes to Pacioretty... Well, I can't wait!

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 11:51 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Yeah that's what I was thinking about. He became the player who was playing the game with one hand while skating around the net and do nothing after that.

Not to say that he became a bad player. Stats will prove the other way around, but he never was the same, that's for sure.

We never know with Pacioretty. While I think he'll be fine, there's always a chance that he won't like to be close from where he was hit...
I'm a bit nervous about Max too. But: You can look at this another way, this will teach him to be careful, not wimpy, but careful.

He'll keep his head up, and he'll learn to hit and get hit safely.

Also, I like Max for his front of net work, more than his boards work. You don't see too many concussions in the crease area, even though you do get chipped and pushed around pretty bad. You can get hit in the head with a shot though. He'll have to upgrade his helmet.

All that said, this may be a blessing in some ways, as if he learns to be careful (Not wimpy!) Max might have a longer career because of it.

We can only hope.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 02:57 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
Zednik had his best season after the McLaren hit...
maybe on paper, but anybody who watched would tell you that wasn't true. He piled up 31 goals while the team was terrible.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 06:48 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Still, took him YEARS before doing it again, and even then he wasnt doing it a whole lot.
Do you often see other players do that?

Defenders usually play specifically to keep the winger to the outside and prevent him from hitting the slot. The cut to the net usually is not there if the D knows what they're doing.

This idea exists because Pedneault hammered on it like it's a nail.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 07:26 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post

Defenders usually play specifically to keep the winger to the outside and prevent him from hitting the slot. The cut to the net usually is not there if the D knows what they're doing.

He was coming in from the right side, and around the faceoff circle, he was cutting in the middle to take a shot. It wasn't to deke a defenceman and be alone in front of the goaltender. Zednil was doing in it all the time and it was great for a while...

Then, after the hit, he was skating with the puck and lose it behind the net...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 09:35 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post

Its also the most dangerous move in hockey, for any player. Cutting into the middle of the slot/front of the net is one of the hardest things you can accomplish in the NHL.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote