HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ladd to VAN if ATL to WPG

Old
05-30-2011, 10:55 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
It's not about the points, it's about how they get them.

I don't think I'd do Raymond + Hodgson but I would likely do Raymond, Shirokov, pick
I'd do that but I don't think they would. Also, I'm pretty sure Ladd and Kesler don't like each other and that could ruin things in the locker room and not worth the risk.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 10:58 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Ladd is an RFA, not a UFA.

If Nashville was able to re-sign Weber, Columbus was able to re-sign Nash and Carolina was able to re-sign Staal, I see no reason why Winnipeg cannot re-sign Ladd.

WJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 11:21 PM
biturbo19

I vote a resounding NO on rocking the boat like that. This is a very good team, and should continue to be so next year with very few significant moves in the offesason.

Why give up a bunch of assets and handcuff the cap situation, to bring in a player who has the potential to really upset the culture and balance in the locker room now? This is a winning group, on their way to the cup finals, don't mess with it. ie. 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. ESPECIALLY if that 'fix' is a player who has had a well documented feud with Kesler, who is a key part of the winning leadership group here? Sure Kesler has matured as a player, and they're professionals so they'd officially, 'get over it'...but it just seems daft to me to risk it, to go down that path.

Not to mention, i don't really see there being any magical 'chemistry' between the two. Why people are still convinced Kesler needs a powerforward type on his wing is a bit strange to me. If anything, he could use a better disher on the wing to get him the puck more i'd say.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaaaBob View Post
Hodgson, Raymond for Ladd?.... seems like a pretty big overpayment seeing how Raymond and Ladd put up around the same numbers and I have a hard time believing the difference is that of Hodgson... I would never pay that much for a bit of an upgrade on Raymond. I'd like to have Ladd here but not at that cost.
You have to overpay to get Atlanta's captain in his prime coming off the best season of his career.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 01:43 AM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
You have to overpay to get Atlanta's captain in his prime coming off the best season of his career.
Hence why I made the original proposal of Hodgson Raymond.

I don't think Kesler n Ladd having a history is really going to upset the locker room. Both are big boys, and professionals here.
How many of you ppl actually work? N how many of you actually like every person you work with? I sure as hell don't like every person I work with, but we work together, so we keep it professional, and once outside the job (Seeing as the NHL is a Job) I just don't bother being these ppls friends.

A lot of rival teams have friends on each side, so its not unheard of when two guys who have a history can put that aside n play for the Organization that hands over MILLIONS of dollars to play a game.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 02:40 AM
OnlyTheBrave*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Hey, I've been thinking about this for a while now.

Kesler would benefit from having a guy like Ladd on his wing and this is based on Winnipeg getting the Thrashers.

The idea behind this was that Winnipeg management would be smart to try and bring in players that Winnipeg hockey fans are already familiar with. Canucks are ripe with these because of the Moose.

I was thinking:

Schneider, 1st in 2011, Shirokov (or other prospects)

Schneider was the Moose goalie for like 5 years and Shirokov has been very good with the Moose this year. The 1st would be this year's so it'd be 29/30.

What is the value on Ladd like?
I don't see why the Thrashers would want another goaltender when Pavelec is the guy they see as their future and having Mason as the guy that mentors him is a good move. Cory would be coming into a worse situation than being a back-up to Luongo.

Thrashers don't have any decent center prospects, change Schnieder to Hodgson and then you might have something.

OnlyTheBrave* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 02:46 AM
OnlyTheBrave*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
Ladd is an RFA, not a UFA.

If Nashville was able to re-sign Weber, Columbus was able to re-sign Nash and Carolina was able to re-sign Staal, I see no reason why Winnipeg cannot re-sign Ladd.
None of those teams were relocating the year they had to sign their RFA's. You are forgetting that, no one knows the internal budget the new ownership will have. Not every team wants to spend close to the cap, some just want to spend a little more than the cap floor and be competitive.

Take emotion out of it, think about it in business terms.

OnlyTheBrave* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 10:46 AM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
He had 59pts and a was a -10, he's a good player but I'm not going to want to overpay for him and he's not worth Raymond(who puts up the same kinda numbers playing on the 2nd line) and Hodgson not a chance.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote