HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your Roster next Season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-29-2011, 04:17 PM
  #151
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
I really hope that the Flyers (Homer) addresses the third line. If he's not gonna bring in a legit D-first centerman, then Richards should be that guy. And while Richards has been put in that position before, he has never been given that duty for an entire season.

There's also a difference between having that title and actually doing it. Richards sometimes looks for offense first, and I'd like it if there was an actual plan (ie let these other guys worry about offense, you worry about shutting people down).

Assuming our PP turns it around next year, Richards could get ~30 PP points and ~30 SH/EV points and I'd be totally fine with that, so long as his defensive game comes first. Part of the problem is the revolving door of linemates that he's had.
In today's NHL, your top 3 lines need to play both ends of the ice. Especially under the style and system that laviolette plays. A 3rd line shouldn't be a designated checking line and only be concerned with defense first.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 04:20 PM
  #152
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post

I have to say, I'd probably enjoy this. With Carle gone, Gustafsson can really step in and try to take his place (I think he can) and Hedja can be signed (who I think is better than O'Donnell, and not only in age, but he will hammer people and put up some kind of numbers (20 some I'd say) ). Re-sign Nodl, Powe and hopefully Wellwood makes the team. Walker, Leighton and Shelley are all buried in the minors and Shelley will be replaces by Sestito (younger, faster, can hit, will fight, better hands and cheaper). Then sign Vokoun for 2 years @ 4M each year. Even if the cap would go between 62 and 63, we should be fine.
Gustafsson cannot replace what Carle brings next Season. I also highly doubt you could get Vokoun for 2 years at 4M.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 07:55 PM
  #153
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!
 
Flukeshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Milton, Ont
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 1,841
vCash: 50
People are forgetting the manditory minimum 10% raises to RFAs and a full 23 man roster.

RFAs resigned and on roster: Nodl was 850k now 950k, Powe was 725k now 800k
Phantoms added: Holmstrom 750k, Wellwood 580k, Rinadlo 544k, Marshall 845k
Players out: Leighton to minors, Lapierrere to LTIR
Trade: Picks/Prospects for Nabokov
Other option: Trade Versteeg for Naby and resign Leino for 3.5m, Resign Carcillo @ 1.1m and bury Shelley in the minors.

FORWARDS
Andreas Nodl ($0.950m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Kris Versteeg ($3.083m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Darroll Powe ($0.800m)
Jody Shelley ($1.100m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Ben Holmstrom ($0.750m)
/ Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Matt Carle ($3.437m)
Braydon Coburn ($3.200m) / Oskars Bartulis ($0.600m)
Kevin Marshall ($0.845m)

GOALTENDERS
Evgeni Nabokov ($0.570m) / Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,292,765; BONUSES: $1,962,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $707,235

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:16 PM
  #154
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post
People are forgetting the manditory minimum 10% raises to RFAs and a full 23 man roster.

RFAs resigned and on roster: Nodl was 850k now 950k, Powe was 725k now 800k
Phantoms added: Holmstrom 750k, Wellwood 580k, Rinadlo 544k, Marshall 845k
Players out: Leighton to minors, Lapierrere to LTIR
Trade: Picks/Prospects for Nabokov
Other option: Trade Versteeg for Naby and resign Leino for 3.5m, Resign Carcillo @ 1.1m and bury Shelley in the minors.

FORWARDS
Andreas Nodl ($0.950m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Kris Versteeg ($3.083m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Darroll Powe ($0.800m)
Jody Shelley ($1.100m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Ben Holmstrom ($0.750m)
/ Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Matt Carle ($3.437m)
Braydon Coburn ($3.200m) / Oskars Bartulis ($0.600m)
Kevin Marshall ($0.845m)

GOALTENDERS
Evgeni Nabokov ($0.570m) / Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,292,765; BONUSES: $1,962,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $707,235
The thing is that the mandatory raise comes from the salary, not the bonuses. Nodl's base salary was $650,000, meaning that he could actually take a smaller contract than he had this year, as it will be guaranteed money (and most likely a one-way deal).

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:51 PM
  #155
RC46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
i was very unaware that timmonen makes that much, and don't think he brings great value for his contract.. he would maybe be the right guy to move . i dont necessarily think bob needs to be replaced, he will continue to progress as a goalie. The offense is stacked but often comes up short and i don't understand it

RC46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 09:21 PM
  #156
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Timonen isn't getting traded. Holmgren would have to be fired for that to happen.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 10:28 AM
  #157
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,906
vCash: 500
FORWARDS
Brooks Laich ($2.400m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Kris Versteeg ($3.083m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m) / Andreas Nodl ($0.850m)
Jody Shelley ($1.100m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Arron Asham ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN
Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Braydon Coburn ($3.200m) / Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)
Oskars Bartulis ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS
Tomas Vokoun ($4.000m) / Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,700,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,614,988; BONUSES: $1,700,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $85,012

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 11:16 AM
  #158
Shoeny
Registered User
 
Shoeny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post
People are forgetting the manditory minimum 10% raises to RFAs and a full 23 man roster.

RFAs resigned and on roster: Nodl was 850k now 950k, Powe was 725k now 800k
Phantoms added: Holmstrom 750k, Wellwood 580k, Rinadlo 544k, Marshall 845k
Players out: Leighton to minors, Lapierrere to LTIR
Trade: Picks/Prospects for Nabokov
Other option: Trade Versteeg for Naby and resign Leino for 3.5m, Resign Carcillo @ 1.1m and bury Shelley in the minors.

FORWARDS
Andreas Nodl ($0.950m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Kris Versteeg ($3.083m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Darroll Powe ($0.800m)
Jody Shelley ($1.100m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Ben Holmstrom ($0.750m)
/ Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Matt Carle ($3.437m)
Braydon Coburn ($3.200m) / Oskars Bartulis ($0.600m)
Kevin Marshall ($0.845m)

GOALTENDERS
Evgeni Nabokov ($0.570m) / Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,292,765; BONUSES: $1,962,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $707,235
Is Nabokov a free agent or is he still on the Islanders?

Shoeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 12:40 PM
  #159
lancer247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeny View Post
Is Nabokov a free agent or is he still on the Islanders?
He owes the Isles a year of service since he didn't report last season so i believe they can trade his rights.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 09:24 PM
  #160
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!
 
Flukeshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Milton, Ont
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 1,841
vCash: 50
That's right, NYI owns his rights 1 yr @ 570,000 which is why I think he's the only legit option to upgrade in goal without blowing apart the forwards.

I'm not sure what it would take to get him though. I'm sure Snow isn't going to let a divisional rival have him cheap.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 10:20 PM
  #161
vannzee
Ruslan Salei fan...
 
vannzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: S.E Michigan
Country: Belgium
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
Nabokov's value is going to be higher then it should because his contract is so cheap for a player with his track record. I think the Islanders could get a surprisingly nice return for him if they dont decide to keep him to be their starter.

I'd be curious to see some trade offers for Nabokov.

vannzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 10:47 PM
  #162
BrindamoursNose
Registered User
 
BrindamoursNose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannzee View Post
Nabokov's value is going to be higher then it should because his contract is so cheap for a player with his track record. I think the Islanders could get a surprisingly nice return for him if they dont decide to keep him to be their starter.

I'd be curious to see some trade offers for Nabokov.
Nabokov wasn't very good in the KHL (if I remember correctly) and no team gave him a huge contract in the NHL, so I can't see him being in super-high demand.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 12:07 AM
  #163
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Nabokov wasn't very good in the KHL (if I remember correctly) and no team gave him a huge contract in the NHL, so I can't see him being in super-high demand.
3.02 GAA with a .888 SV%, if I remember correctly.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 12:21 AM
  #164
Cable
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
2011/2012 Roster

How about this?

Traded: A. Nodl, K. Versteeg, O. Bartulis and M. Carle (Get something/anything in return).

Acquired: E. Nabokov (Through trade of some sort).

Free Agents: V. Fiddler, B. Sopel (Can help in different situations).

Minors: M. Leighton (No further comment).


FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Ville Leino ($3.200m)
Daniel Carcillo ($1.200m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Vernon Fiddler ($1.200m)
Jody Shelley ($1.100m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Darroll Powe ($0.900m)
Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / / Tom Sestito ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN
Chris Pronger ($4.921m) / Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m)
Braydon Coburn ($3.200m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Brent Sopel ($1.700m) / Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m)
/ Matt Walker ($1.700m)

GOALTENDERS
Evgeni Nabokov ($0.570m) / Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,781,655; BONUSES: $1,700,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $218,345

Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 03:02 AM
  #165
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,179
vCash: 500
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Eric Wellwood ($0.580m)
Raffi Torres ($1.000m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Erik Cole ($3.500m)
Darroll Powe ($0.850m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Tom Sestito ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN
Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Braydon Coburn ($3.200m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Jan Hejda ($2.250m)

GOALTENDERS
tomas vokoun ($4.000m) / Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,811,655; BONUSES: $1,700,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $388,345

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 08:32 AM
  #166
phillyfanatic
Registered User
 
phillyfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Eric Wellwood ($0.580m)
Raffi Torres ($1.000m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Erik Cole ($3.500m)
Darroll Powe ($0.850m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Tom Sestito ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN
Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Braydon Coburn ($3.200m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Jan Hejda ($2.250m)

GOALTENDERS
tomas vokoun ($4.000m) / Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,811,655; BONUSES: $1,700,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $388,345
I like this team! However, I think Torres will get more than 1M this offseason, most SCF players will get a decent raise. I would think 1.5-2.5 (Otherwise he stays in Vancouver)? Vokoun at 4 is optimistic, I think he gets around 4.5. Gus on the top pairing? I would prefer a good F/O man as the fourth line center.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:12 AM
  #167
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
I like this team! However, I think Torres will get more than 1M this offseason, most SCF players will get a decent raise. I would think 1.5-2.5 (Otherwise he stays in Vancouver)? Vokoun at 4 is optimistic, I think he gets around 4.5. Gus on the top pairing? I would prefer a good F/O man as the fourth line center.
i think he'll get pretty much the same anywhere else but vancouver, which is why he'll probably be staying there unless they don't want to re sign him. Vokoun at 4 is not really optimistic, as he's 34 and doesn't have a whole lot of options if he wants to win. I think 4 is pretty much right on the money if it's 3 year deal. I only have gus on the top pairing to replace carle with pronger. i think having him paired with pronger might learn'em somethin' and we could probably double shift mez or coburn with pronger a lot of times, so gus isn't playing 20+ minutes.

who would you rather have as the 4th line center, and what do you propose we do with betts?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 12:44 PM
  #168
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,105
vCash: 500
Hartnell (4.2) - Briere (6.5) - Leino (2.75)
Read (0.9) - Carter (5.27) - Giroux (3.75)
JVR (1.65) - Richards (5.75) - Nodl (0.85)
Powe (0.7) - Betts (0.7) - Rinaldo (0.544)
Shelley (1.1)

Pronger (4.92) - Meszaros (4)
Timonen (6.33) - Coburn (3.2)
Veteran #5 (1.25) - Gustafsson (0.9)
Bartulis (0.6)

Vokoun (4.5)
Bobrovsky (1.75)


Total cap hit = $62.126 million. Carle and Versteeg gone for a 2nd rounder each, packaged later for a mid-to-late 1st. Carcillo walks, Powe, Nodl, Leino re-signed. Vokoun signed for 2 years, $9 million, and Leighton waived.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 04:25 PM
  #169
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
I like the idea of getting Nabby, but I don't like the idea of trading Versteeg (yes, i know he was pretty bad during his time here) or any roster player just for the right to negotiate with him. Let's not forget this is the same guy who turned us down last offseason, couldn't get 4M+ on the open market so he went to the KHL, where he sucked so badly that he was released by his team, and flat our refused to play for the Isles when they claimed him on waivers. Would you really want a guy who will just pack up his **** and leave when things don't go his way as your starting goaltender?

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 04:28 PM
  #170
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
I like the idea of getting Nabby, but I don't like the idea of trading Versteeg (yes, i know he was pretty bad during his time here) or any roster player just for the right to negotiate with him. Let's not forget this is the same guy who turned us down last offseason, couldn't get 4M+ on the open market so he went to the KHL, where he sucked so badly that he was released by his team, and flat our refused to play for the Isles when they claimed him on waivers. Would you really want a guy who will just pack up his **** and leave when things don't go his way as your starting goaltender?
The Islanders still have Montoya and DiPietro. Why would they need Nabby anyways? But I'd still like Vokoun over the others though.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 08:06 PM
  #171
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
The Islanders still have Montoya and DiPietro. Why would they need Nabby anyways? But I'd still like Vokoun over the others though.
If you're suggesting that they picked up Nabby specifically for dealing him to another team then yes, I'd say you're probably right.

However, if Garth Snow asks Versteeg for Nabokov. I would laugh and hang up the phone. Far too risky IMO, especially after you take into account Nabby's recent history.

I'm with you on Vokoun though. I believe that he makes the most sense if we intend to groom Bob for the job in the near future.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 08:17 PM
  #172
vannzee
Ruslan Salei fan...
 
vannzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: S.E Michigan
Country: Belgium
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
I like the idea of getting Nabby, but I don't like the idea of trading Versteeg (yes, i know he was pretty bad during his time here) or any roster player just for the right to negotiate with him. Let's not forget this is the same guy who turned us down last offseason, couldn't get 4M+ on the open market so he went to the KHL, where he sucked so badly that he was released by his team, and flat our refused to play for the Isles when they claimed him on waivers. Would you really want a guy who will just pack up his **** and leave when things don't go his way as your starting goaltender?
Nobokov has a contract at 575 thousand for 2011. If he ever wants to be in the NHL again he would pretty much have to play this year and has said he will report to the Isles.

vannzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 09:57 PM
  #173
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!
 
Flukeshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Milton, Ont
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 1,841
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Eric Wellwood ($0.580m)
Raffi Torres ($1.000m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Erik Cole ($3.500m)
Darroll Powe ($0.850m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Tom Sestito ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN
Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Braydon Coburn ($3.200m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Jan Hejda ($2.250m)

GOALTENDERS
tomas vokoun ($4.000m) / Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,811,655; BONUSES: $1,700,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $388,345
You can't have a 20 man roster with no cap space. If one guys gets injured but not bad enough for the IR, you can't recall anyone from the minors. You'll end up playing short a man. Gotta have 23 men to be safe.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:00 PM
  #174
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post
You can't have a 20 man roster with no cap space. If one guys gets injured but not bad enough for the IR, you can't recall anyone from the minors. You'll end up playing short a man. Gotta have 23 men to be safe.
That's why the 20 man team I've made at 63M has at least 1.8M leftover. If a d-man goes down, Bartulis can come up at 600K. If a forward goes down, we have Wellwood/Holmstrom/Sestito/Rinaldo, all would be cheap contracts. Which could easily be 22 man roster with about 500K left over.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:30 PM
  #175
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
anything with Vokoun over Nabby and Versteeg over Leino

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.