HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Edmontons 2012 pick

Old
05-30-2011, 08:50 PM
MoneyGuy

vCash: 500
Very close. I just calculated it at 93.76%. you can trust me, I'm good with numbers.

MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 11:11 PM
oilers4life5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Very close. I just calculated it at 93.76%. you can trust me, I'm good with numbers.
ok ill take your word for it! glad u agree!

oilers4life5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 11:43 PM
jukon
#Nailedit

Hall+RNH+Murray= Dynasty

jukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 12:39 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I really believe that Edmonton needs to make a move to trade down.

Couturier at 4th is a safe bet IMO. New Jersey needs Larsson badly and who knows if Florida or Colorado are gonna be tempted to grab him.

It's my opinion that Edmonton needs to work a 3-way deal with Jersey and another team to get Edmonton in reach of another top 10 pick. With that pick they could also draft Hamilton, Murphy, Strome or Huberdeau.

As much as I'd love to have Hamilton on my team, I think Strome or Huberdeau would be the safer picks. We could still use some more depth at center and we could use the next draft to address our glaring holes on the blueline if we fail to sign free agents.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 01:48 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Yakupov is the second coming of Pavel Bure.

If he is there you take him, no matter what you need or who else is there.

He is the bpa now, next year, and for the next ten years.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 02:27 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

I fully expect another top 5 pick next year and that bodes very well for the future of our club. I anticipate next season being our last lottery season for a long, long time.

05-31-2011, 02:52 AM
canovin
Klefbom's charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I fully expect another top 5 pick next year and that bodes very well for the future of our club. I anticipate next season being our last lottery season for a long, long time.
that all depends if Mackinnon is the next Crosby.

canovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 02:56 AM
Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Yakupov is the second coming of Pavel Bure.

If he is there you take him, no matter what you need or who else is there.

He is the bpa now, next year, and for the next ten years.
All that time on the Leafs board must of made me ill or something, because I am agreeing with a lot you are saying lately.

Yakupov is going to be the #1 next year and I don't think it's even going to be close. Anyone who has actually had a chance to watch the kid play knows exactly what I am talking about. I saw the guy score 3 goals and put a guy through the glass in one game as a rookie this year. He cracked 100 points too.

Dare I say it...this kid could be better then Hall.

Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 03:08 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan 4 Life View Post
All that time on the Leafs board must of made me ill or something, because I am agreeing with a lot you are saying lately.

Yakupov is going to be the #1 next year and I don't think it's even going to be close. Anyone who has actually had a chance to watch the kid play knows exactly what I am talking about. I saw the guy score 3 goals and put a guy through the glass in one game as a rookie this year. He cracked 100 points too.

Dare I say it...this kid could be better then Hall.
I was thinking the same thing. I think he will be better than Hall. A little bit different in how they play the game, Hall will have more intangibles, but Yakupov will score more goals/points. Especially goals though. He will be a legitimate fifty goal scorer in the nhl.

Old
05-31-2011, 03:20 AM
canovin
Klefbom's charm

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. I think he will be better than Hall. A little bit different in how they play the game, Hall will have more intangibles, but Yakupov will score more goals/points. Especially goals though. He will be a legitimate fifty goal scorer in the nhl.
If he somehow could grow 2 more inches. I don't mind another year of sewer dwelling. 5'10 is a little short considering our offense is already small and play very small.

Old
05-31-2011, 03:24 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by canovin View Post
If he somehow could grow 2 more inches. I don't mind another year of sewer dwelling. 5'10 is a little short considering our offense is already small and play very small.
Like I said, you take him regardless. Get rid of the other small guys if need be. I dont think his size will be a problem as no one will be able to catch him. He is also pretty strong on the puck for a smaller guy, but like I said, he is so quick and fast, I dont think anyone is going to touch him for the most part.

He is going to make a lot of dmen look very, very bad. He has a laser shot to boot.

Old
05-31-2011, 03:33 AM
canovin
Klefbom's charm

Quote:
Like I said, you take him regardless. Get rid of the other small guys if need be. I dont think his size will be a problem as no one will be able to catch him. He is also pretty strong on the puck for a smaller guy, but like I said, he is so quick and fast, I dont think anyone is going to touch him for the most part.

He is going to make a lot of dmen look very, very bad. He has a laser shot to boot.
So you would take him over Murray from an Oilers perspective?

Old
05-31-2011, 03:37 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
All day long.

*subject to much research/interviews etc so that I know the Russian factor would not likely come into play. It may depend on how he interviews in other areas as well. Personality/likeability/character etc.. But purely from a hockey pov, yes, but things could change down the road, although I dont think they will as far as Yakupov goes.

Old
05-31-2011, 08:20 AM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers92 View Post
reinhart/yakupov/murphy

rw or d is still an area of concern moving forward especially if hemsky moves on
Everything is an area concern moving forward. Centre (never pass up a stud), D, LW/RW and hell, even between the pipes. The Oilers need blue chip talent wherever they can get it. And if RNH is as big a questionmark as many like to believe then the Oilers are nowhere near set at C.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 09:35 AM
Joey Moss
Proud to select...

vCash: 226
I really hope we end up top 3 and nab Ryan Murray. If we end up picking 1st again than you absolutely have to choose Nail Yakupov or trade down and add some nice pieces and take Murray.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 09:43 AM
Fan 4 Life

Quote:
It wouldn't even be close. You take Yakupov 100/100 times. They guy even came over to play in North America from Russia as a teenager. He wants to be here (in the NHL) and he wants to win.

Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 09:58 AM
rigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I really believe that Edmonton needs to make a move to trade down.

Couturier at 4th is a safe bet IMO. New Jersey needs Larsson badly and who knows if Florida or Colorado are gonna be tempted to grab him.

It's my opinion that Edmonton needs to work a 3-way deal with Jersey and another team to get Edmonton in reach of another top 10 pick. With that pick they could also draft Hamilton, Murphy, Strome or Huberdeau.

As much as I'd love to have Hamilton on my team, I think Strome or Huberdeau would be the safer picks. We could still use some more depth at center and we could use the next draft to address our glaring holes on the blueline if we fail to sign free agents.
I 100% disagree with your post. I think Hamilton will be the best defender in this years draft and I think RNH will be far and away better than Couturier. I like Couturier and he is a safe pick at #4 but would you rather the oilers draft Shane Doan or a Canadian Datsyuk? Especially looking at future line mates.

I would not move our #1 pick unless it was for #2 and we had a gentlemans agreement that we get RNH, I would move players and later picks to try move up.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:33 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan 4 Life View Post
It wouldn't even be close. You take Yakupov 100/100 times. They guy even came over to play in North America from Russia as a teenager. He wants to be here (in the NHL) and he wants to win.
That could be the fly in the ointment.

Old
05-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Hoogaar23

nvm.

Hoogaar23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 12:42 PM
Halibut

Quote:
That could be the fly in the ointment.
Tambo could force Renney to only dress him for 20 or so games.

Halibut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 03:14 PM
nally

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
Fortunately, I do believe if we play Habby enough, we can guarantee a top 3 pick. Which in my mind is a good thing.
This

nally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 03:44 PM
Calgary Oilers

vCash: 50
Quote:
that all depends if Mackinnon is the next Crosby.
It's going to be sad that we will miss out on him if he is the real deal... I just don't see the Oilers being in the running for his draft year (unless injuries happen, again).

Calgary Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Ice Whole

I also think Yakupov will and should be the first overall pick next year but unfortunately, I don't see us finishing last or picking first overall 3 years in a row. I wouldn't compare Yakupov to Bure, hes good, really good but Bure was on just a whole different level. Yakupov's playing style sort of reminds of Ovechkin. He has an amazing shot, he is fast, can protect the puck very well, is physical and scores a lot of goals. The one person I can see us realistically having a chance at getting is either Murray or Reinhart.

Ice Whole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 09:06 PM
Perfect_Drug

I was about to say, Yakupov looks like a hybrid of Bure and Ovechkin.

Almost like a Bure that hits.

I don't care that he's 5'11", he plays like he's 6'6".

The guy very well could have been the #1 draft pick in the NHL this season if he were eligible. He's a sure thing. Can't really speak much about the other guys, but I saw a bit of the Yak this season, and he sure as hell didn't disappoint.

Perfect_Drug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 09:09 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Drug View Post

The guy very well could have been the #1 draft pick in the NHL this season if he were eligible. He's a sure thing.
Could have been?

If he was eligible this season, with the season he had, we would be penciling him beside Hall at RW and wondering what C prospect we could get for Omark.

He would blow away any other prospect in this draft and for once(and god forbid the Oilers catch a break) we would have an easy choice on who to take 1st overall.