HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

KOLNIK - Where does he fit in?

Closed Thread

Old
08-20-2005, 12:52 AM
blueliner

vCash: 500
KOLNIK - Where does he fit in?

Looking for some perspective on Juraj Kolnik and where he projects both short/long term with the Cats...

Does he have legit top-6 capabilities in the bigs?...and if so, how far is he likely to go during the 05/06 season towards realizing them? ie: what role will he play if he sticks?

Clever, responsible, hard-working, undeniable skills...the package is there, so what's the rub?

Old
08-20-2005, 07:35 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner
Looking for some perspective on Juraj Kolnik and where he projects both short/long term with the Cats...

Does he have legit top-6 capabilities in the bigs?...and if so, how far is he likely to go during the 05/06 season towards realizing them? ie: what role will he play if he sticks?

Clever, responsible, hard-working, undeniable skills...the package is there, so what's the rub?
Does he have? No...could they develop? Possibly, but it's not a definite. At the moment he's a fairly decent 3rd liner who works hard and competes and can contribute upwards of 15 goals a season.

Old
08-20-2005, 08:03 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
I see him playing alongside slovak Stumpel

Old
08-20-2005, 08:47 AM
HPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo
I see him playing alongside slovak Stumpel

Sounds good but does Kolnik have the goal scoring capability to use Stumpel's good passing? I'd like to see Horton there cuz i think he has the talent to put the puck in the net if someone can just give the puck to him...

Just great that we finally discuss these issues again...

Old
08-20-2005, 09:44 AM
m2k2p

I think Kolnik can score 20-25(or maybe more) goals if he gets good ice-time. I like the energy he brings to the game and that he uses his body a lot for a player his size.

Old
08-20-2005, 09:51 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
He's an lock to score atleast 20 goals next season. I wouldnt be suprised of an breakout season of 25-30 goals even. All depends how Martin uses him or if Keenan trades him before the season.

Old
08-20-2005, 11:06 AM
HPanther

Old
08-20-2005, 03:23 PM
CanadianPantherFan

I have high hopes for Kolnik...

He's a knock off version of P.BURE (in his prime) but Kolnik can be a gritty player and I think that hunger for the puck will only help him.Of what I have seen of him so far I like.Compared to Hagman and Nilson who are underachievers in my eyes over the past few years I believe Kolnik will be a notch or two above that

Old
08-21-2005, 04:39 AM
braino

Braino

Have you guys seen his stats this past year in the AHL? How can anyone compare this guy to Bure? He was at that basement in most offensive categories, decent +/- there but still if you have great NHL potential you would expect him to be at the top in AHL scoring. He will not likely make Keenan's team (he cannot fight). Yeah Keenan's team not Martin's.

Old
08-21-2005, 06:55 AM
Jakethesnake

That is as bad of a reply as I have seen in a while. a) Ridiculous generalisation/stereotype to say someone wont make Keenans team because he cannot fight. Will Stumpel fight? Weiss? Nedorost? Hagman? Actually, will ANYONE fight other than about 3 guys?? b) Yes last year he played in the AHL but any stats in that league are basically bogus because sold NHL guys can score little and fringe/young guys can score heaps (see Camelleri) c) Did anyone say he is the next Pavel Bure?? CPF said he is a knock off of Bure, which means he is similar but not as good. Kolnik is small, quick, and did score reasonably well last NHL season so a comparison to a Poor Mans Bure is justified.

Old
08-21-2005, 04:55 PM
patastrophe

Send a message via Yahoo to patastrophe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
That is as bad of a reply as I have seen in a while. a) Ridiculous generalisation/stereotype to say someone wont make Keenans team because he cannot fight. Will Stumpel fight? Weiss? Nedorost? Hagman? Actually, will ANYONE fight other than about 3 guys?? b) Yes last year he played in the AHL but any stats in that league are basically bogus because sold NHL guys can score little and fringe/young guys can score heaps (see Camelleri) c) Did anyone say he is the next Pavel Bure?? CPF said he is a knock off of Bure, which means he is similar but not as good. Kolnik is small, quick, and did score reasonably well last NHL season so a comparison to a Poor Mans Bure is justified.
weiss fought sutherby in his rookie season. youre right on hagman though, i couldnt find a fighting major for him.

Closed Thread