HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NJD - OTT (Draft Day)

Old
05-31-2011, 11:02 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
And yet the Sens still scored 18 more goals than the Devils.
Hey, at least you guys had a 30 goal scorer. We had one twenty goal scorer (to your 2).

For both of our teams, it's a big drop off from the days where each team would have 3 PPG players on our teams.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:03 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
I agree, but never say he is a top 6er for sure. Combine that with the fact that you said he will be a star, and you'll be set up for disappointment. I'm not saying he won't be though.

It's the same for Rundblad. All signs point towards him being a top pairing defenceman, but he could be a giant flop as well.
Tedenby was already in the top 6 for the Devils by the end of the season. With Parise back, we don't know how that will change. But there are a sizable portion of Devils fans who believe that Tedenby could be put on a line with Parise and Zajac. Parise himself has said that he is impressed with Tedenby and would like to see what they could do together.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...rt_1/#comments

Quote:
Which new prospect or rookie from this past season (from the Devils organization) would you like to play on a line with?
(Asked by Shawn C)

Just from watching this year, I would like the chance to play with Mattias (Tedenby). I like the way he plays and the energy that he brings on the forecheck and I think we could compliment each other well because I think we do some things the same. But I know I didn’t have the confidence my rookie year that he has to try some of those moves he does, so I think he is going to be a great player for us.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:09 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Tedenby was already in the top 6 for the Devils by the end of the season. With Parise back, we don't know how that will change. But there are a sizable portion of Devils fans who believe that Tedenby could be put on a line with Parise and Zajac. Parise himself has said that he is impressed with Tedenby and would like to see what they could do together.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...rt_1/#comments
It's funny, the Devils and Senators had eerily similar seasons this year. Both struggled from the get go, and were playing like playoff teams near the end of the year.

Just because he played in the top 6, doesn't mean he was/is going to be a top 6 player. Colin Greening played alongside Jason Spezza for the end of this year, but will most likely be a career 4th/3rd liner.

I also wouldn't listen to a guy like Parise, who couldn't even muster up a 0.5 PPG average this year.

Old
05-31-2011, 11:19 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

For a guy like Tedenby, it's honestly top 6 or bust. And I think he has the tenacity and work ethic to make it.

And the Devils didn't gut their forward corps. Tedenby was playing top 6 minutes on a line with Josefson, even with guys like Elias, Kovalchuk and Rolston still around.

Old
05-31-2011, 11:20 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
For a guy like Tedenby, it's honestly top 6 or bust. And I think he has the tenacity and work ethic to make it.
Summed it up beautifully.

Old
05-31-2011, 11:28 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

6th overall, a 2nd, kuba
4th overall, rolston.

yay?

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
6th overall, a 2nd, kuba
4th overall, rolston.

yay?
This is the way to go.

Old
05-31-2011, 11:32 AM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

It'd have to be 35.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:42 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
I also wouldn't listen to a guy like Parise, who couldn't even muster up a 0.5 PPG average this year.
Not sure if trolling....

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Not sure if trolling....
It was sarcasm. Didn't feel the need to put the sign.

Old
05-31-2011, 11:48 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
6th overall, a 2nd, kuba
4th overall, rolston.

yay?

not enough incentive for the Devils to do that, IMO.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 12:10 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
6th overall, a 2nd, kuba
4th overall, rolston.

yay?
I don't know if I'd do that. As MoG said, it would have to be pick #35.

Old
05-31-2011, 12:12 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
GAA is affected by system and goaltending.

Your team used to contend with Stevens, Niedermayer and Rafalski. Do you remember those days? Or are you satisfied with minor leaguers and depth defensemen dictating the pace of play?
If the minor leaguers and depth defenseman wins games, then sure they can dictate whatever they want. I would love to have some big name D-men, to help out the current D, but our D isn't as broken as a lot make it out to be. The D's biggest flaw is lack of offensive production. In terms of pure defense, we were among the top 10 in the league.

The Stevens days are long gone. They have no effect on our current team aside from that fact that we play(ed) a similar style game then and now.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 12:14 PM
broc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
This offer is insulting.
This.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 12:48 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
6th overall, a 2nd, kuba
4th overall, rolston.

yay?
Very good propposal. And in the real world, outside of this board, I can honestly see the two teams dealing. Lou and Murray have dealt in the past and seem to respect each other. And that does mean something in the hall-ways of the NHL.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 12:49 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
not enough incentive for the Devils to do that, IMO.
You are hard to statisfy. It's really not a bad deal.

Old
05-31-2011, 12:50 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
6th overall, a 2nd, kuba
4th overall, rolston.

yay?
Its a good proposal. I'm just of the belief that a player as good as the 4th overall pick will be available 6th overall this year and it boils down to scouting.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 01:34 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
You are hard to statisfy. It's really not a bad deal.

what is our incentive to do it, though? we only have Rolston for this upcoming year and then hes off the books. With the 4th pick, we will be getting one of Landeskog, Larsson, RNH, or Courturier guaranteed. that isnt true with the 6th pick. Kuba is signed beyond this upcoming season and while he isnt on a 35+ deal, i will have a hard time believing the organization wants to pay him in the minors if thats the route tehy decide to go down.

sure, adding another pick (Like #35) is nice, but in this draft, that type of a pick really isnt enticing to me.

im not saying its a bad proposal i just dont think the devils have enough incentive to do it.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 01:53 PM
apice3*

Quote:
what is our incentive to do it, though? we only have Rolston for this upcoming year and then hes off the books. With the 4th pick, we will be getting one of Landeskog, Larsson, RNH, or Courturier guaranteed. that isnt true with the 6th pick. Kuba is signed beyond this upcoming season and while he isnt on a 35+ deal, i will have a hard time believing the organization wants to pay him in the minors if thats the route tehy decide to go down.

sure, adding another pick (Like #35) is nice, but in this draft, that type of a pick really isnt enticing to me.

im not saying its a bad proposal i just dont think the devils have enough incentive to do it.
I wouldn't do the deal either, but Kuba and Rolston are both UFA's after the 2011-12 season.

It would be nice to trade a 35+ 5 mil deal for a standard 3.7 mil deal, but trading for Kuba just adds to the abundance of NHL d-men the Devils had and would just hinder the development of our younger guys.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Timzey

Quote:

really depends on two things. IMO. who the devils are targeting for their first round pick/who's available. AND negotiations with Parise/free agency plans.

Dropping Rolston could save us a bunch of money and create a spot for one of the youngsters. Kuba's salary could be buried if need be.

I think it is a good proposal, obviously it wont be considered until we are on the clock, and by then hopefully we know what Parise's contract looks like. I am sure the Devils would listen to other offers before accepting.

Timzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:

I know you don't care about the 21st in this year's draft, but I believe it's valuable. We also gain cap space, I believe it's
around $1.5. Every little bit helps. And as much as we have a long-jam on defense, it's the same with our forwards. The way I see it, we can draft one of the top defensemen in Murphy or Hamilton and add a center, possibily Phillips. And as mentioned in the above post, worse comes to worse, Kuba can be burried in Albany.

Just saying: Murphy + Phillips is a pretty good day and we fill two holes.