HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing (Part 109): Ask De Niro To See The Boss

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-31-2011, 01:03 PM
  #976
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
I honestly don't remember. I think it was a school day? Probably like 4:00ish or so?
Yea I remember it was a school day because I wore my Devils jersey the next day to school.......it was like 90 degrees and I remember being hot as hell the entire day with the jersey on

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
I don't remember...probably early in the afternoon I'd say. All I know is that after the game, I didn't get home until around 5am the next day and the newspaper was already there.

In the hallway in my parents house is a framed picture from that newspaper with the team. When we get a house it will be coming with me.
That's awesome, I would have done the same thing......probably just a surreal feeling I wouldn't be able or want to leave either

I have the Record newspaper from that day with Stevens holding the cup up and his auto on the cup

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 01:05 PM
  #977
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Yea I remember it was a school day because I wore my Devils jersey the next day to school.......it was like 90 degrees and I remember being hot as hell the entire day with the jersey on



That's awesome, I would have done the same thing......probably just a surreal feeling I wouldn't be able or want to leave either

I have the Record newspaper from that day with Stevens holding the cup up and his auto on the cup
The only thing I really have is the two ticket stubs from the two games I was at. (1 and 7).

I remember running out to Modell's or Sports Authority after school the next day to get the hat.

__________________
"Why I'll be a Devil forever [...] two words. Trust and respect." - Mr. Pat Burns
"I learned not to question Cowbell's willingness to ban." - Brian Boyle
Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 01:06 PM
  #978
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.
 
MasterofGrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,620
vCash: 500
After 5 straight hours of work, I have finally got my broken process up to date. **** me, I haven't even started my work for this week.

MasterofGrond is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 01:13 PM
  #979
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,012
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
The only thing I really have is the two ticket stubs from the two games I was at. (1 and 7).

I remember running out to Modell's or Sports Authority after school the next day to get the hat.
I have the ticket stubs and I bought hats and t-shirts for my dad and I the minute they won. Ran right downstairs and got them.

cj225 is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 01:14 PM
  #980
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
The only thing I really have is the two ticket stubs from the two games I was at. (1 and 7).

I remember running out to Modell's or Sports Authority after school the next day to get the hat.
Regardless of what you have, it's those feelings and memories that you will always have of those games

I keep ticket stubs from EVERY sporting event I've ever been to....have lost a few along the way, but when I get around to it, I'm going to print out the box scores to each game, put it in a sleeve in a binder and put the ticket in the sleeve as well

I don't think I got any apparal from that year for whatever reason, just the dvd

I'll bet the parking lot was INSANE afterward, insane in a celebratory way though

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 01:16 PM
  #981
selyar
Need cupcakes?
 
selyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
After 5 straight hours of work, I have finally got my broken process up to date. **** me, I haven't even started my work for this week.
at least you have work. i literally got a sit tight and finish packing your desk, maybe we'll figure something out next week. the day is dragging. i'm done packing up my stuff. they tried to take away the internet this morning in this building. i might've shot myself.

selyar is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 01:24 PM
  #982
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 25,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
No not old, very tasty, no smell/slime just a great little place that has great lunch specials and does a good business. They're in a mini strip mall so their overhead is cheap. The portions are somewhat small, but at those prices you can't expect much more.

Super friendly service too - always glad to see you. I sometimes tip 50% just because it's such a deal and if anyone deserves a good tip they do.
That is awesome! So few places with great service and fewer with great service and a smile.

JimEIV is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 01:24 PM
  #983
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Regardless of what you have, it's those feelings and memories that you will always have of those games

I keep ticket stubs from EVERY sporting event I've ever been to....have lost a few along the way, but when I get around to it, I'm going to print out the box scores to each game, put it in a sleeve in a binder and put the ticket in the sleeve as well

I don't think I got any apparal from that year for whatever reason, just the dvd

I'll bet the parking lot was INSANE afterward, insane in a celebratory way though
Keeping them for every game is insane. I always hold on to the ticket stubs throughout the year and I'll hold on to them if my team wins a championship (LOL.) The ticket stubs I have saved are tickets from the last season at Shea, tickets from the first season at Citi (including the first exhibition game against the Sox), 2007 NY-Penn League Championship clincher where Auburn beat the Cyclones (minor league baseball but whatever it's still a championship clincer), the Rozsival double OT winner, and the Adam Graves night ticket.

NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
05-31-2011, 01:26 PM
  #984
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 25,591
vCash: 500
When I go home tonight I will take a picture of my 1988 Cup Finals ticket and post it.......

Craig Janney you broke my heart!

JimEIV is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 01:33 PM
  #985
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Keeping them for every game is insane. I always hold on to the ticket stubs throughout the year and I'll hold on to them if my team wins a championship (LOL.) The ticket stubs I have saved are tickets from the last season at Shea, tickets from the first season at Citi (including the first exhibition game against the Sox), 2007 NY-Penn League Championship clincher where Auburn beat the Cyclones (minor league baseball but whatever it's still a championship clincer), the Rozsival double OT winner, and the Adam Graves night ticket.
It may sound insane, but it's really been about 15-20 per year between the Devils, Yankees, Giants, PGA events.....and freebee Nets tickets here or there

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
When I go home tonight I will take a picture of my 1988 Cup Finals ticket and post it.......

Craig Janney you broke my heart!
Do you get to a lot of Devils games during the season?

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 01:36 PM
  #986
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,012
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
I save my ticket stubs for every season and if they don't win the Cup, I throw them out, unless it's a special night.

cj225 is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 01:42 PM
  #987
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,779
vCash: 500
Finally nap time

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 01:47 PM
  #988
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
I save my ticket stubs for every season and if they don't win the Cup, I throw them out, unless it's a special night.
Special as in number retirement, retro night, hattrick, record setting night.....things like that I'd assume right?

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 01:52 PM
  #989
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 25,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
It may sound insane, but it's really been about 15-20 per year between the Devils, Yankees, Giants, PGA events.....and freebee Nets tickets here or there



Do you get to a lot of Devils games during the season?

It has typically been 15 to 20 games a year. But not this year...This is the first year in a long time (since I was living in Boston for school) that I attended less than 10 games(way less).....


The 1991-92 season I attended 36 of 40 home games....The last year of the 80 game schedule and the year Kevin Todd ripped it up and my last year before moving to Boston for school.

We had a family friend who worked for the NHL in the City and she used to leave us the NHL reserved seats to use in section 108 at the Meadowlands...That was very cool...I would go to nearly every game

JimEIV is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 02:07 PM
  #990
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,012
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Special as in number retirement, retro night, hattrick, record setting night.....things like that I'd assume right?
Exactly. I have the ticket from Parise & Crosby's first game.

cj225 is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 02:09 PM
  #991
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
It has typically been 15 to 20 games a year. But not this year...This is the first year in a long time (since I was living in Boston for school) that I attended less than 10 games(way less).....


The 1991-92 season I attended 36 of 40 home games....The last year of the 80 game schedule and the year Kevin Todd ripped it up and my last year before moving to Boston for school.

We had a family friend who worked for the NHL in the City and she used to leave us the NHL reserved seats to use in section 108 at the Meadowlands...That was very cool...I would go to nearly every game
That's pretty cool, you expect to get to more games this season?

You were center ice then at CAA.......I used to sit in 109 all the time which was to your left (5-10 games per season from '98-the move) because that's where the company my dad works for had seats at CAA.......row 14 and sometimes I sat in 108

108 was the press section if I remember correctly.....109 was the opposing teams guests as I sat next to Kasparitis' wife one game and Ray Bourque's wife and kids during the '01 finals

Small world

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 02:12 PM
  #992
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,695
vCash: 500
Man I hate when it gets hot out because all the crazy people come out. The best one today was the lady talking/cursing to herself about getting the person she got herpes from.

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 02:20 PM
  #993
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,385
vCash: 500
man, pauls picture is the creepiest thing i've ever seen. fwiw, i would still hit the mom and the hippiesister



http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain..._they_now.html

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 02:27 PM
  #994
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,134
vCash: 500
I started saving tickets the first year I did 41 games. I generally don't though.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 02:29 PM
  #995
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,012
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
Man I hate when it gets hot out because all the crazy people come out. The best one today was the lady talking/cursing to herself about getting the person she got herpes from.
She seems like a classy broad!

cj225 is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 02:38 PM
  #996
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
I started saving tickets the first year I did 41 games. I generally don't though.
I was pissed, my first hockey game ever (Ironically, Flyers beat the Devils in 1996) I lost the stub. Pretty pissed about that. But I have movie stubs back to Spiderman, Team America, etc. Pretty much high school on.

Flyers one, a friend got me a ticket book for Christmas. Every Flyers game I've been to ever (except that first one) is in there.

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 02:40 PM
  #997
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
She seems like a classy broad!
Not as classy as some of the other broads I know.

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 02:46 PM
  #998
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
I never saved ticket stubs when I was younger, just because I put them in my pocket and they got all crinkled up.
Yeah I thought I kept it with the others, guess I wanted it in a safer location. No idea where that safer location is. Guess I'll have to hope it pops up one day.

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 02:48 PM
  #999
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,430
vCash: 500
I still have tickets saved for game 7 of the SCF in 2000

Which we all know, those finals never got to game 7

Wingman77 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.